Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
99 w00tballons
May 1, 2008
For those of you who have played Anarchy Online, you might know that you can HTML script ingame, which has a huge number of legitimate uses, anything from being able to make a shop over chat, to just being able to use certain preprogrammed phrases in color (ie: HOLY gently caress I'M ABOUT TO DIE HELP in red). Of course, in adition to these legitimate uses, Funcom added in the ability to change some of the game options through scripts. One in particular, around which my story centers, is the /viewdist command, which controlled draw distance for the game.

I had a character which I planned on deleting, and rerolling under a different name. However, I was sort of bored that day, so I decided that, before I did so, I would switch to the opposite side (clan), and maybe just do some spamming with various colors. What ended coming out of what should have been a few minutes typing up a small script to shout "Omni-Tek Protects" in various colors infinatly, was some sort of behemoth script (it ended up calling 3 or 4 other scripts because, if a single script was too long, the game client would crash), which would put a link into chat (the link would appear in different colors, and be auto spammed in vicinity, shout, and OOC chat every 30 seconds), which, when clicked would A) Cause the effected person to shout "IM A loving NOOB WHO CLICKS RANDOM LINKS" in their Organization (think guild), shout, and OOC chats 50 times in a second, and then the same 15 seconds later, both of which would overflow their chat limits preventing them from talking for 10 seconds afterwards, and B) Set their viewdistance to 0, which would cause the entire game to appear as a grey fog except for a small circle around their character.

Needless to say, this was perhaps the most hilarious thing I ever saw, with people shouting "IM A loving NOOB WHO CLICKS RANDOM LINKS" all over, followed by "I GOT HAXXED HOW DO I UNHAXX MYSELF?!?!", or at least, it was till I got a permaban on my main and a random alt account. Still, it was defiantly worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

99 w00tballons
May 1, 2008

Mniot posted:

EVE gave me some good times to remember, griefing with Goonfleet. Too bad it was so boring most of the time.

I found this link to someone else's story. It's less a grief and more a scam, but it's quite well-written (and long). The guy gives step-by-step details of everything that went into planning and executing a very good Ponzi scheme:

Currin Trading

Just read this, but holy poo poo is that both long and devious, especially when you look at the fact that the guy made off with $20000 worth of isk in about half a year.

99 w00tballons
May 1, 2008

Sentient Toaster posted:

The lesser stuff usually involves more boring things like bringing a 100% kiting build in Random Arena. I always found it difficult to cause any real trouble in PvP because of the relative weakness of individual players.

55 monk builds in RAs are the best, because no one brings enchant removal.

• Locked thread