Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Isko
May 20, 2008
I remember playing on a large desert map in Battlefield 1942 on a server with friendly fire off. I didn't let that stop me, I was able to find a work around that didn't even get me negative points. Although you weren't able to damage other teammates I found that the blast from a tank round would still move them. If you hit them just right they would fly straight up into the air and fall to their death. It was beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isko
May 20, 2008
Well, me and Shatai went around crashing a couple of servers. We were putting flares EVERYWHERE.

We loaded up the intel room with flares and put a sentry in it. I figured it might be a little tough to take out a sentry at 5 fps.

In the second server someone was trying to get us votekicked but Shatai kept getting the vote against him first. Somehow we didn't get kicked even once and he got kicked mutliple times.

I got to admit, that server was pretty sturdy.

Isko fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Jul 5, 2008

Isko
May 20, 2008
We should really consider turning Team Flare into a general greifing group and mix it up a little and get more creative. That is if we don't already have something like this. We could do things like all going melee as one class or seeing how long we can make it look like were playing without firing a single shot. Stuff that's more subtle and less likely to get us outright banned.

Isko
May 20, 2008
We should just continue with the flares and get everything we can out of it before it is patched. Once it's patched, we can move on.

Isko
May 20, 2008

belt posted:

To be honest I would do the same thing.

I have to agree. I don't ever imagine any of the cool goons asking this, it's just too goony.

Isko
May 20, 2008

Shatai posted:

If I remember right, you could edit your local configuration files to make your custom choice of head model be virtually any model in the game. Want to run around with a gigantic helicopter for a head and completely disrupt the game? No problem. Want to crawl around completely disguised as .. a tree? One edit and you're good to go.

I miss the early days of the Vietcong demo. :(

Haha, I remember doing that too. I didn't do any editing myself though, but it sure was easy to find some hacks.

Shatai posted:

Vietcong Demo exploits.

That reminded me of this one time when I was playing as an Alien online in AvP2. On one map I was able to climb off the side and land just below the ground so I couldn't be found and from there I could attack people from below. They had to get to an objective or something so I basically killed everyone but one guy and then tailwhipped the last. For people who haven't played AvP2, tailwhipping doesn't do much damage but stuns the player. He was basically stuck there untill he eventually died or suicided with a grenade.

Man, how come there hasn't been a AvP3 made yet :(.

Isko
May 20, 2008
I and someone else (I think "Flare in my pants") went onto this zombie mod server on CS:S. I was changing the maps every couple of minutes and the admin had no idea what was going on. He thought there was something wrong with the server so he told everyone to go to their second server. The same thing happened there and he still thought it was a server-side problem. So then we moved on to their third server. Unfortunately I couldn't get the server to switch maps on this one but I'm sure if I did he finally would have realized one of us was doing it. It was a little anti-climactic.

Isko
May 20, 2008
I think we should get a small group together of spies on a team, maybe 3 or 4, and have ridiculous pretentious discussions with extreme views on politics etc. over the mic while holding the cigarette case and smoking cigarettes. Not only would we be doing nothing good for the team but we could also be creative and funny to some and extremely annoying to others.

I would do this but I just got my wisdom teeth removed today so make sure you get a video if you do.

EDIT:

ATM Machine posted:

Thats what we did, along with being able to clear mutes by changing teams or to spectators made alltalk servers very fun

And if this works they wouldn't be able to mute us for long.

Isko
May 20, 2008
Something pretty funny just happened while I was playing TF2 on a map called jump_bob. This is a map where instead of fighting with the other team, you can only go blue and your goal is to do a bunch of sticky or rocket jumps to reach the end. You can go red team on this map but you will be stuck in a box. Well me and a few other random people on the server went red and just started building a bunch of teleporters, sentries, and dispensers.

Eventually some went back to the blue team but there were still three of us. All of a sudden blue guys start spawning right in the middle of the box and get torn to shreds by our turrets. We didn't know what the gently caress was going on but it was hilarious to see. After a little while of this someone on blue said that the spawning might be his fault because he built engineer buildings on the normal spawn points.

Well we began repositioning all our turrets to face directly at the center, we had at least 4. Anyone who died would find themselves facing 4 turrets which resulted in a quick death. One guy in particular got pretty pissed and started calling us fags.

You wouldn't even need to put turrets in the box, then they would just be trapped. I didn't actually see what was set-up to cause this glitch in the map but someone on spectator said that it was engineer buildings.

EDIT:
I just did it by building two teleporters where they spawn.

Isko fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Jul 25, 2008

Isko
May 20, 2008
I tried out the tf2 glitch myself with some pretty good results, although it took me a while to find a server where it worked and where I could get to the intel. Once I got it I did the glitch and started appearing in random places and moving around a bit but no one was saying anything for a full 5 minutes or so. I started following a pyro and he was the first to finally mention me in chat, which was immediately followed by 5 others saying "I thought it was just me" and "You see it too?" and etc. I then proceeded to follow people from the team's intel I had, and a lot of them thought it was funny for a while; one guy even said I was his favorite intel.

Isko
May 20, 2008
Man I used to play GUNZ myself, but I actually trained myself to use the lovely korean style of fighting. One of the lovely things about GUNZ that I don't think was mentioned yet was that the netcode was horrible, everything that happened was sent "directly" (I don't actually know this stuff) to the other players. You didn't actually play on servers. This meant that everyone had different pings, and the stupid netcode wouldn't take into account that the person you were shooting wouldn't actually be there when the information reached them. It was quite funny when you got someone with a really high ping and they could just run around avoiding all the shots, because they had a few seconds lead on the shots fired at them, which meant you would have to basically spray where you would think they would go.

I also live in Hawaii which means I usually have a higher ping than others, and some people wouldn't be able to compensate very well against me, especially when dashing around like a madman with the k-style. At one point someone accused me of hacking because he wasn't able to hit me, so to prove that I wasn't hacking he wanted me to stand still and shoot me with his shotgun at pointblank range. I didn't really care too much so I stopped and agreed. Well some how, with us both perfectly still and right next to each other, he manages to pretty much miss the shot, only plinking off a little health resulting in him believing that I was indeed hacking.

When I got bored with regular GUNZ, I ended up creating some gimmick characters. One was a "civilian" that I had equipped with only a knife. I would only run away with him, being useless to my team and avoiding the enemy the best I could. I would pretend I was a regular guy who didn't want to fight. Other times I would play with only a sword on the newbie level, but I would only dash around the level and use sword to climb the walls (which you would do by abusing the game physics) and all the newbies who could only run and roll around could never catch me as I danced around them on the walls.

I eventually quit because pretty much everyone started using k-style, even in the newbie areas, and I finally realized how bad the game was. Does anyone have any good links on KickassJack beating Korean? That poo poo sounds hilarious.

EDIT: Oh god, they are making GUNZ 2

Isko fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Aug 3, 2009

Isko
May 20, 2008
I have to agree, that does look like clever cheating. All the shots have his aim suddenly jolt towards the target when he shoots, crossing over the head instead of snapping to it. The shots themselves aren't impossible, it just doesn't look legitimate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isko
May 20, 2008

Pfhreak posted:

Let me get this straight. You showed up in costume to a roleplay session of Avatar, then behaved in character before fleeing the scene. I don't think that was a grief, really, more like active participation. All it really did was supply them with more fodder for their stories. Hell, they probably felt validated.

While this is true I think it's still pretty funny.

• Locked thread