Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrushedB
Jun 2, 2008

I remember being an asshat in Tribes 2 by destroying my own team's generators, turrets, everything, then joining the other team and leading an assault on my former comrades' crippled base.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrushedB
Jun 2, 2008

I'm surprised that none of the victims have posted in this thread to confront their griefers.

CrushedB
Jun 2, 2008

My God.

You virtu-raped Reggie.

I can imagine a thousand hamfists pounding away at their keyboards to post outraged comments to GoNintendo.

CrushedB
Jun 2, 2008

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

The GMs refused, and the pubbies all swarmed them. Once the GMs were blown up and podded, it became a free for all and every pubbie started blowing up one another in a mad melee for the GM's ship loot. A goon got drawn to the area, and he said there were something like forty or fifty cans sitting around from a whole bunch of different ships. I don't know why the GMs thought it would be a good idea to spawn a massive target 5 minutes away from Goon space with the reputation we had.

This is so awesome. You not only destroyed the GMs' little event, but you also managed to incite a raging pubbie revolt, which in turn became an orgy of pubbie violence.

CrushedB
Jun 2, 2008

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Llama Bombs

In UO, there were these potions that were more or less grenades. Timed grenades. They weren't really that effective, but hey, they could kill someone if you were creative. Someone figured out that if you activated one and put it on a pack animal, the fuse would freeze wherever it was as long as it was in the pack animal. He and his friends devised a plan and got ready to loot, then loaded down a llama with something like fifty of the exploding potions.

They walked with the Llama of Doom towards the busiest bank they could find, then got as far the gently caress away from it as they could get. They then told the pack animal to 'drop all'. It decimated the crowd, killing everyone that was on the screen around the pack animal. Nobody knew what the hell happened, and they easily made off with tons and tons of loot and repeated the same attack at different banks across the game. Eventually it became so infamous that every time someone got close to a bank with a llama, everyone ran for their lives.
Jihad llamas!

CrushedB
Jun 2, 2008

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Eventually I figured out a way of clearing that trench. I stole the Russian tank, and instead of stopping and shooting and using the guns at all I just hit the gas and drove straight at the Germans. As soon as I reached them I would turn the tank and run straight through the trenches, running over everyone in sight.

The chaos it caused was hilarious. People would throw satchel charges, miss, and blow up teammates. The enemy tank would try uselessly to hit me while I ran down half their team. Meanwhile, the pubbie tankers in the Russian tank would be screaming "STOP STOP STOP YOU loving IDIOT YOU'RE GOING TO GET US KILLED STOP STOP STOPPPPP!!!!!". By the end of the map, the average player would have 18 kills on my team and I'd have well over a hundred kills.

You know, if this strategy had been known in WWII, the war would have been over much more quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrushedB
Jun 2, 2008

This thread ALMOST convinced me to download SL.

Then I regained sanity.

• Locked thread