Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Tythas posted:

Here it is

I want this post framed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Darkman Fanpage posted:

It's the military. What do you expect?

Fixed for accuracy.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Captain Bravo posted:

I dunno, I've had numerous housecats, and they're usually able to not poo poo on themselves.

I also have had house cats and I call bullshit and they get it everywhere.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Sometimes it goes to far like the crush a can on your head for Jake Owen thing, but if you're begging for donations you might want to consider another line of employment.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

An oldie but cutie : http://youtu.be/7ht7CobSk8A

Also a request. Does anyone know about these guys that would rush servers like Chivalry and what not? I've been trying to find a video where these guys do that to this really snotty Star Wars mod server, and the owner gets real uppity, despite no one playing his lovely game. The players and viewers keep telling him he doesn't exist and that he's in a coma or whatever. Also there is a Russian dude and I only remember him saying "gently caress You!" And "Basketball American." Anyone know what I am talking about?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

That's it. Thanks!

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Wall of SS13 Stories.

I couldn't find my favorite one about the demon tub. But these should do for now, would have had more but the search query poo poo the bed and I am too tired to continue.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Robin Williams says, "hey"
Reginald B Farting says, "I thought you were dead."
Robin Williams asks, "wanna see something funny?"
Reginald B Farting says, "Yes."
Robin Williams says, "yeah, I was just getting to that"
Reginald B Farting screams!
Reginald B Farting says, "NO"
Robin Williams climbs up on the steel chair!
Reginald B Farting says, "DON'T"
Robin Williams wraps the cable around his neck and tightens it.
Reginald B Farting says, "OH GOD"
Reginald B Farting says, "NO"
Reginald B Farting screams!
Robin Williams gasps.
Robin Williams gasps.
Robin Williams screams!
Reginald B Farting says, "NOOOOOOOOOO"
Robin Williams seizes up and falls limp, his eyes dead and lifeless...
Reginald B Farting says, "WHAT THE gently caress MAN"
Reginald B Farting says, "WHAT THE gently caress"

:stonk:

”PopeCrunch” posted:

I couldn't figure out how you goatfuckers STILL managed to be terrorists with potato chips and water. YOU FOUND A WAY. I had two coders on IRC combing through reactions trying to figure out exactly how you motherless fucks were managing to make potato chips and water into explosives, and they had no loving idea. It shouldn't have been possible. It couldn't have been possible. I fear for the safety of the world if the people who managed to find a way to do murders with mother loving potato chips and goddamned water ever get recruited by a real world terrorist organization. The headlines the next day will read something like WE'RE ALL hosed: SOME NERD KILLS 3/4 OF THE WORLD'S POPULATION WITH A USED BANDAID AND THE SQUEAKER FROM A DOG TOY. THIS SECURITY PHOTO SHOWS THE SUSPECT PURCHASING A STICK OF GUM. DOES HE WANT FRESH BREATH, OR IS HE FINISHING THE JOB? OUR ONLY CONSOLATION IS THAT WE WILL PROBABLY NEVER SEE IT COMING. FILM AT 11 IF WE'RE LUCKY. OR UNLUCKY. gently caress IT. WHATEVER. -(AP)

edit to add: I would like to thank the Maker's Mark Distillery for providing me with the liquid courage to have made it through that terrible time

Mash posted:

re: SS13, Catbeasts

MisterOblivious posted:

Angry Diplomat posted:

The Doom Peel

If a banana peel is left on the floor, anyone who steps on it will slip and fall down. There used to be a Clown job, which started with a banana and was mostly responsible for playing pranks, telling jokes, raising spirits, and getting brutally murdered by the psychotic crew. When my brother first started playing SS13, he chose Clown and spent the entire round slipping people with his banana peel, farting in their faces while they lay stunned, and then peeling out of there like a brightly coloured human rally car while furiously honking his bike horn. He did this so much and so competently that several people were actively trying to murder him, which of course led to more slipping, farting, and honking before he'd lie low in a locker somewhere until they gave up the search.

One particular victim seemed to have terrible luck, as he ran afoul of my brother over, and over, and over again through no apparent fault of his own. He must have spent a third of the round lying on the floor with fart in his face and a cheery HONK HONK HONK ringing in his ears. After pratfalling for the fourteenth or fifteenth time, he impotently screamed, "CLOOOOOOOOOOOOWN!" at his retreating assailant. This had no effect, aside from causing my brother to laugh so hard that it brought him to tears.

That victim was THE OVERWASP, one of the game's administrators.

Rather than get angry, THE OVERWASP saw the humour in my brother's clowny antics. He telepathically instructed him to stand next to his banana peel for a moment, then implanted the clown's consciousness into the peel itself, giving my brother the ability to move it around directly.

As it turns out, a player-controlled banana peel is nothing short of apocalyptic in the right hands. The station rapidly descended into anarchy as police chases became Keystone Kopps fiascoes, Janitors were left facedown in their own suds, and panicking assistants fled shrieking from the demonically-possessed banana peel before it sent them tumbling facefirst into vending machines. In a desperate bid to restore order, one of the heads of staff seized the unholy fruit rind in his hand and stuffed it in his pocket. Striding triumphantly to the airlock to space the offending item, he met his doom when it leaped out of his pocket and slipped him, causing him to careen into the open void and be lost forever.

The escape shuttle was called, and the crew fled in terror, abandoning the station to its new master: the Doom Peel.

Don't accept drinks from The Devil

I played a few rounds as a Bartender named The Devil, with a huge black beard and glowing red eyes. I would start the round by taking several pills of Kelotane (a drug that cures burn damage over time), drinking a bunch of welding fuel, returning to the bar, and setting myself on fire. This produced a large but short-lived cloud of flame around me, giving most of the bar an ominously scorched appearance, and it allowed me keep burning for an extremely long period of time.

Because of the Kelotane in my system, the fire wouldn't actually hurt me; I could just stand around, blazing like a loving bonfire, chatting amiably with people as they tried to decide whether to order drinks or run for a fire extinguisher. So, when a crewmember walked into the bar, he would discover a charred hellhole staffed by a flame-wreathed, red-eyed man named The Devil. A surprising number of people decided to order drinks anyway.

Now, I figure The Devil knows how to throw a loving party. He doesn't just chuck a case of beer on the counter and call it quits, right? So whenever someone ordered a drink, I would mix together some hard liquor (usually vodka and rum), spritz in some welding fuel, and use a syringe to transfer some of my own blood to the glass, creating an unholy devilblood cocktail. Occasionally I would poo and pee in the glass as well, adding Jenkem to the list of Terrible Things Nobody Should Drink that were in the concoction.

Despite the fact that I did all of this gross poo poo in plain sight, just about everybody would take the drat thing and drink it anyway. Contrary to common sense, drinking that horrible sludge didn't really have any major negative effects, aside from moderate drunkenness and perhaps a mild Jenkem addiction. What's significant is that the welding fuel would remain in the imbiber's system for a while - and, party animal that he was, The Devil didn't skimp on the welding fuel.

Most rounds, this all amounted to nothing more than an overeager assistant spraying me with an extinguisher, putting out my hellfire, and incurring the wrath of Satan. But on one fateful round, the Botanist left a shitload of weed in the bar for everyone to enjoy. Paper was found, joints were rolled, someone produced an igniter, and then it was time to spark up.

The bar turned into a loving inferno. Some of the crew stopped, dropped, and rolled like sensible people, while others tried to flee in a drunken fiery panic, which was hilarious to watch because the really drunk ones had scrambled controls and would stagger around in random directions while screaming "Ooooohhhh ggggoooodddd!!" Throughout all of this, The Devil stood at his bar, unharmed by the omnipresent cloud of fire, and laughed uproariously while mainlining vodka.

I don't think anybody died, but some people probably came close. Things just got funnier later on, as Engineering failed to do its job and the station's power went out of whack. Power surges caused lights to explode, and the drinkers who'd left before the fire got hit by the sparks, had the fuel still in their bodies ignite, and promptly immolated their surroundings while screaming in uncomprehending terror. It was Hell on Earth. It was also, to be honest, completely hysterical.

I don't do that anymore, partly because it's kind of a dick move, partly because it gets old fast, and partly because an admin got pretty annoyed with me (but he was cool enough to settle for my promise not to do it anymore). Even so, though, I'll be damned if it wasn't some of the funniest poo poo I'd ever seen.

Don't accept medical treatment from The Devil: diabolic possession for fun and profit

There used to be an SS13 job called the Head Surgeon, which entailed being in charge of Medbay, the Robotics lab, and the Genetics lab. Roboticists can remove brains from people and put them into robot bodies, creating cyborgs; for this reason, there are usually a couple of Assistants hanging out at the Robotics door, begging to be "borged" so they can be cool robot mans instead of lovely greysuits.

Unbeknownst to many, brains can also be put into different bodies. This really doesn't give you anything except a dead dude with some other dude's brain in his head. However, if you bring that body back to life in some way (either using the Genetics lab to clone it, or using a particular complicated chemical mix to resurrect it with a chance of making it gib instead), the player that controls the new clone is determined by the brain - so you've got Joe Schmoe running around in John Q. Public's body.

The Devil did not go to med school to save lives. He did not study and slave just so he could collect a fat paycheque. The Devil practices medicine because he loves to indulge his scientific curiosity (and because he likes the colour red).

My early forays into brain transplantation went rather well. After a few misfires (the Robotics lab was full of blood, gibs, discarded brains, and rotting bodies with empty skulls), I finally got the hang of it and went looking for a likely victim volunteer. As luck would have it, I found a dead Quartermaster lying around in Medbay, and the body was fresh! I dragged him back to my operating table and excitedly pulled out his brain. Then I plugged it into another relatively intact body I had lying around, slapped the corpse into the cloning tube, and... discovered that he couldn't be cloned because the player had logged out. gently caress!

My appointed lab assistant, a delightfully amoral Engineer with a suspiciously firm grasp of brain surgery, saw a silver lining. He laid out the plan, and before long it was The Devil's turn to lie on the operating table. A few snips later and a brand spanking new Quartermaster was stepping out of the cloning pod, naked as a jaybird and healthy as a horse.

A Quartermaster with The Devil's brain. A Quartermaster who was literally The Devil in disguise.

It took less than three minutes for me to completely embezzle the station's entire Cargo budget and funnel it straight into Robotics research. None of the other Quartermasters batted an eye when they saw their coworker walk in and start using the Cargo Bay computer. They sure did yell a lot when they saw that big fat 0 though. I just quietly continued my experiments while my Roboticist lackeys gleefully spent their vast fortune to research nicer cyborg upgrades. Science is its own reward~

Don't accept medical treatment from The Devil: in space, no one can hear you file a malpractice claim

In a later round, I was eager to continue my highly unethical (read: highly hilarious) work. I promptly shuffled off to Robotics, prepped my surgical tools, and walked to the door to look for vict- oh hey an Assistant! What's up, little guy? You want to be borged? Hmm, I do need someone to donate a brain for a little experiment I'm planning. No, I promise I won't throw your brain in the garbage; you will be alive at the end of this. Yes, I know you want to be a Security cyborg - trust me, you will have a totally new lease on life by the end of this! Step into my office...

Idiot brain in hand, I hurried off to Genetics and grabbed a monkey. Previous tests had proven that it was not possible to resurrect monkeys with human brains, which saddened me, but I had a different objective in mind this time around. I dragged the monkey over to the genetic engineering console, put it into the pod, and used my ~mad science~ knowhow to... improve it. Yes, a beautiful new human body for my eager test subject.

He was not very happy to be revived as a black woman with Justin Bieber hair and a randomized name.

After a lengthy tantrum and a minor physical altercation, I calmed my volunteer down by promising to fix the problem. If she would just step into the genetics pod, it would be quite simple for me to make a few little changes that would resolve her complaints. Mollified, the grumbling lass hopped into the pod, which I promptly locked before randomly rolling my face across the keyboard of the genetics computer, bombarding the subject with mutations willy-nilly for a short time. I unlocked the pod and proudly invited my volunteer to step out and survey the changes.

"gently caress" screamed the black woman, falling to the ground and spasming madly, "What the gently caress did you do to me? PISS."

"Interesting," said The Devil, consulting his medical scanner. "It would appear that you are suffering from epilepsy and Tourette's Syndrome."

"COCK!" asserted the woman. "I'm going to loving kill you!"

This drew a frown. "That is not very polite, madam. I was enjoying our professional relationship, but if you are going to behave in this way, I must ask you to leave. I will simply have to find another assistant."

And that is why an insane homeless epileptic uncontrollably cursing naked black woman spent the rest of the round trying to convince anyone who'd listen that The Devil had stolen her identity.

My god, it's full of butt, part 1: the Cluwne factory

One of the round types in SS13 is Wizard, in which a powerful wizard is tasked with completing several objectives, while the crew must attempt to kill him. Wizards get access to a huge variety of spells, but can only choose four of them from the list at the start of the round; these are the spells they are limited to for the whole round.

One such spell is Curse of the Cluwne (at least, I think that's what it's called). This spell is generally considered a choice for "advanced" wizard players, since it has an extremely long cooldown, only targets one opponent, and can only be used at melee range, making it quite risky to use. It's still a popular spell, though, as it is far and away the griefiest spell of all. The Curse instantly transforms its victim into a Cluwne: a morbidly obese, subhuman, epileptic, brain-damaged, amazingly annoying ur-clown named "the cluwne" and wearing utterly hideous neon green clown clothing that is cursed and therefore cannot be removed. Cluwnes are traditionally marked for death by their non-cursed former comrades, and even when they manage to escape being murdered by an angry mob, they are so loving terrible at everything that their very existence is torment and they commonly wind up begging for death since their incredible incompetence can actually make it difficult for them to successfully commit suicide.

I have played in quite a few Wizard rounds, but one still sticks out as my absolute favourite. The wizard went on a Cluwney rampage that was funny as hell on its own, but the actions of one enterprising Roboticist turned the round from "hilarious" to "oh jesus my sides I'm dying over here" in no time flat. This ambitious soul retrieved a murdered Cluwne and dragged it back to his lab; ordinarily this would be a reason for the Cluwne to rejoice, since a Cluwne brain can still function perfectly normally if transferred into a cyborg, granting the player a new lease on life.

The Roboticist did not borg the Cluwne. He had other plans. Butt plans.

The deceased sad-clown was delivered to Genetics, where the Roboticist and a Geneticist entered into collusion. Now two people were in on the butt plans.

I have no idea what madness they got up to in there, but I do know that the second Roboticist was put on Butt Duty, bringing the known number of butt plan conspirators up to at least three. It is also likely that a delivery man was involved so as to speed the process along, as Butt Duty was a full-time job. All those butts had to come from somewhere, however:

They were cloning Cluwnes.

My god, it's full of butt, part 2: the buttening

The mastermind behind it all sat contentedly at his operating table and worked with astounding assembly-line efficiency. Behind him was a locker with a seemingly limitless number of twitching, honking, weeping Cluwnes stuffed into it; he would grab a Cluwneclone, slap it onto the table, neatly slice off its butt, indifferently cut out its brain, hurl the dead body and retarded brain down the disposal chute while he set the butt to one side, and repeat. The man on Butt Duty would then grab the Cluwne butt and slap a robot arm onto it, creating a Buttbot, a butt on wheels that served no purpose except to be a butt and say the word "butt."

The efficiency and hard work of the Butt Conspiracy paid off, and before long Medbay was entirely crammed with Buttbots, to the point where the entire area was rendered non-functional and impassable due to the surging ocean of little wheeled cyberbutts happily beeping "butt" in a tinny chorus. But(t) crowding was not the issue - Buttbots do one thing aside from simply say "butt" now and again. When a Buttbot hears someone speak, it has a chance to repeat what was said, with "butt" substituted in place of random words.

This became an issue when the Captain strolled into Medbay and was aghast at its sorry state. "What the gently caress is going on here?" he shouted.

The Buttbots chirped up in a gleeful, deafening chorus. "What the butt is butt on here?" "Butt the gently caress butt going on butt?" "What butt butt is going butt here?" and so on and so forth, in a disorienting wave of auditory butt. This infuriated the Captain further, but his hollering and order-giving only further excited the Buttbots, making it totally impossible for anyone nearby to hear what was said or get any idea of what the gently caress was going on amidst the titanic cacophony of butt. The Captain flew into a rage and decided to destroy all of the Buttbots, but he forgot that they leave smears of poo when destroyed; it was not long before he slipped head-over-heels and wound up prone and stunned in a puddle of human excrement, cursing relentlessly while the legion of Buttbots around him babbled back page upon page upon page of buttified imitation.

Seeing this, some jokester took a radio, turned on its microphone so that it would publicly broadcast anything it picked up, and tossed it into the room.

Well, poo poo, now nobody could hear anything. Every radio on the station became a hellish noise cannon, blasting out an incomprehensible wall of recursive butt laced with garbled cursing and butt-riddled mockeries of the crew's anguished cries for silence. At some point a bunch of the Buttbots came within hearing distance of the Cluwneclone closet; this is significant because Cluwnes will randomly and uncontrollably burst into fits of screamed honking. There were dozens of Cluwnes in that thing, and their eerie wails of HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK soon became a HONK HONK butt HONK butt blared forth from uncountable Buttbot speakers, received by the radio and broadcast throughout the station, magnifying upon itself until it was quite literally impossible to divine the slightest scrap of understanding from the game's text box as it was choked by dozens of pages of recursive buttspam per second. The Captain was helpless to stop it. The Roboticists were churning out Buttbots faster than he could destroy them, leaving him effectively stranded in the middle of the deafening, butt-packed hell that had once been Medbay.

I don't even know what the gently caress happened to that wizard, and I don't care. He was not the true villain of that round. The Robutticists were.

Bonus Audio: https://soundcloud.com/stephanosrex/honk-honk-butt

Angry Diplomat posted:

This was kind of a dumb post and this thread has pretty much gone off the rails, but this particular sentence brought to mind a couple of funny counterexamples from the goon SS13 servers.

The floor is now explosions

A while back, an Arc Smelter was added to the game. This lets you combine materials to create new alloys with properties from both. You can also infuse chemicals into things. If your first thought was, "how many explosions did this cause," congratulations, you pretty much "get" SS13. Here is a picture of what happened when I created a weldfuel-infused shovel and accidentally hit some of my weldfuel-infused glass windows with it.

Whoops!

One of the minerals is called erebite. Erebite is highly volatile and explosive. People used to make themselves explosion-proof erebite-alloyed blast armour and then run around tweaking their own nipples to cause massive at-will explosions that devastated everything around them while hurting them very little or not at all. Yes, seriously. Weaponized nipple tweaking. That was a thing.

Nipplebombing was nothing compared to infinite self-sustaining bombing, though.

See, after discovering that a sufficiently resilient erebite alloy would not be destroyed by its own explosion, people started to get kind of carried away. This culminated in some jerk re-tiling the floors in the escape shuttle bay with sturdy erebite metal alloy. Eventually someone set it off - I think they just stepped on it or walked over it while smoking or something - and welp that round was over. The tiles all set one another off, and each one became an individual Big Bang of eternal recurrent explosions. Everything ground to a halt and the admins were forced to cut the round off and start a new one.

Erebite doesn't work in the arc smelter anymore. At least you can make bullets out of ants and meth to make up for it!!

IT'S ALIVE! It died. IT'S ALIVE! It died. IT'S ALIVE!

There are a variety of highly combustible chemical compounds in SS13, such as napalm. There is also a recipe called Life, which can create weird gribbly meat creatures or a (usually insane and homicidal) randomized NPC human. The Life recipe is triggered by heat once it's mixed together. I'm sure you can kind of see where this is going, but trust me, it's crazier than you think.

One of the Chemists managed to brew up some kind of nightmare potion that created a cloud of flaming Life. This had the effect of spawning an endless singularity of screaming, flaming creatures and people that exploded into an eternal Valhalla of fiery combat. The fucker had somehow made the reaction self-sustaining, so his workplace quickly became an ever-deepening mountain of burning bodies, fire, and screams. As the lag got worse and worse, an admin teleported in to see what the gently caress was going on, and came face-to-face with a vision of Hell. "MY BEAUTIFUL CREATIONS" lamented the immolated chemist, as his murderous children's fiery fists rained down upon him.

It lagged the round absolutely to gently caress and back and basically ruined it for everyone else, but nobody punished him for it. In fact, the admins immediately posted the story to the SS13 thread for everyone to marvel at. Playing a Chemist and creating any kind of laggy hellfoam or hellsmoke is basically griefing in and of itself, but every once in a while someone does something so incredible with it that even the people stuck staring at a laggy, useless Byond client can't help but be impressed. Like whenever someone makes a mixture so hot that it melts space. That happens occasionally.

The Crashwich

Another good example is The Crashwich.

Fractal cooking is a time-honoured tradition of SS13 Chefs. You take six food items (almost anything can be deep-fried to turn it into food), make them into a sandwich, use the sandwich to create a sandwich cake (any food can be made into a cake), slice up the cake, use six cake slices to make a sandwich, etc etc etc. This can create unholy monstrosities that lag the poo poo out of everything merely by virtue of existing, sometimes to the point of causing people to crash out as soon as the game tries to display the thing's exponential name. You will note that the Jay Wolff's buttcake I baked there cuts off after a while - its name was so drat big it overflowed the chat buffer. The buttcake is nothing. It and food like it are pitiful hors d'oeuvres compared to THE CRASHWICH.

You see, there's another life-creating mad scientist chemistry recipe in Space Station 13. It's extremely hard to discover and make, but it has the effect of imbuing any object it touches with life. This creates, for instance, a Living Crowbar that floats around and attacks people. At some point a Chef got the brilliant (terrible) idea to combine the living object recipe with fractal cooking.

Enter The Crashwich. Every time this haunted apocalypse of culinary hubris attacked someone, the game reported its name multiple times. When it charged, when it slammed into someone, and every time it hit them, the chat buffer would once again overflow with infinite recursive fractal sandwich. The entire station was brought to its knees by crippling lag, while anyone unfortunate enough to be present for The Crashwich's rampage would immediately crash out and have to reconnect their client, usually to find themselves dead and/or immediately crash out again because The Crashwich was still wreaking havoc.

The admins rushed to intervene, but were alarmed to find that The Crashwich was creating so much lag that most admins who looked at it were reliably crashing. Those with good enough connections to brute-force through all the lag were shocked to discover that the sheer latency generated by the demon sandwich was causing their admin commands to get lost somewhere in the coding nightmare that is Byond. The admins were trying to delete The Crashwich and failing. Ultimately, their efforts were in vain, and the server went down completely. The admins fought The Crashwich and The Crashwich won.

The admins were apparently so impressed that they collectively decided not to ban the responsible party, but instead to deliver a friendly ultimatum: they would not be punished for causing the server to go down in flames, as long as they never created another Crashwich. NEVER AGAIN.

”Dr. Cogwerks” posted:

Welp, I got myself permabanned from another strict-RP server.

Captain's Log 
Edgar T. Bumblechumps

Oh boy, a new day on a new station, and I'm picked to be the captain of it all! There's a nice white ceremonial outfit and beret in my closet. It's a good day to be fancy. Dressed to the nines, my first act as Captain is to declare an official Assistant Appreciation Day. A security guard broadcasts "The captain is named Edgar T... Bumblechumps? What the gently caress? Really?"

For this rudeness, I take the donuts from the brig. A guard sees me in the security office and yells at me to get out, I show them my captain ID and they start custom emoting something about how hard they'll come down on me if I don't leave. Fine, gently caress them. I take the donuts to the library and offer them to the assistants as part of Assistant Appreciation Day. No assistants showed up, I joke that all assistants are now wanted for arrest for being rude. Many responses return of "you can't arrest them for that, is that a joke? don't joke about space law!! u are a poo poo captain!!" 

I then proceeded to the bar and notice a delicious pie in the chef's window. I eat said pie. Chef starts screaming about his pie disappearing while it was cooling. I say over the radio that it must have been the bartender (one of those dumb whitelist catperson furries), who starts yelling "Ra'ja not take pie! Ra'ja not eat pie! Bad captain eat pie!" Four guards, the detective and the HoS show up to investigate this pie theft. The bartender and chef accuse me, I call it a horrible conspiracy. Multiple security guards start custom-emote cracking their knuckles or tapping their batons. As captain, I declare the case closed. As I leave, I hear them arguing over the security channel about whether they should put me on trial and have me stripped of command for eating that pie. 

Later I'm walking around checking out some stuff around the bridge. I bump into the AI upload door and it opens, but the guard who threatened me earlier sees that and starts screaming bloody murder about it. Every guard and station head shows up, everyone screams at me for opening that door without consulting everyone first. CE starts threatening yelling that she'll beat the poo poo out of me if she ever sees me in any room without a good reason again. I recommend that they all go relax at the beach area for a bit. My suggestion is not heeded.

I return to my office and notice a maint door near my bed. This leads to the teleporter. While I'm in there, someone starts trying to hack the door open from the other side. I report this over the radio, grab the hand tele and hop to an interesting sounding beacon - the comms sat. One of the mean guards gets angry that I've "broken into the teleporter", finds my prints on the door I just used and starts bragging about how he finally has a real crime to bust me for, sabotaging station equipment! Until the detective points out that the captain obviosly has access to that door and there are electrician's glove fibers around the scene.

Feeling hungry after all that nonsense, I swing by the hallway in front of the kitchen. There's a window there where the chef can set food out for everyone who passes by. I take a loaf of bread, the chef starts screaming that I stole it. I become visibly fat and the security team demands that I be arrested and stripped of command for theft. The HoS tells them she'll deal with me personally and just talk it out. 

One of the other station heads now demands my presence in the head meeting room. I show up, they all ask me if I know anything about the missing hand teleporter. Yep! I have it, why didn't they ask sooner? The CE yells a lot about this, that I've stolen expensive equipment for no reason or something. The HoS informs the security team that she fears a civil war is brewing. Security suggests overthrowing me again.

To try and make amends with security, I requisition a pumpkin from Botany, much to their anger, and deliver it to the HoS. I tell her it's a real prize-winning pumpkin, a present for her hard work and level-headedness. She accepts the pumpkin, I leave, the other three guards in the room and the warden are all outraged and start talking a lot of poo poo about how they can't wait to permabrig me.

At this point, I receive a PDA message from the Chief Medical Officer informing me that the catpeople are all in the library being suspicious. I head to the library and ask them to shoo. They take serious offense at me calling them "mangy catbeasts" and tell security. Security threatens to arrest and report me for racism, someone threatens to adminhelp me and have me gibbed. About half the crew is now absolutely livid that I called the furry players "catbeasts." Many threats are issued.

I wander into Robotics to find them working on some mech suits. A security guard was tailing me, sees a mech near me that I guess is fairly dangerous, and now every goddamned security guard show up yet again to scream at the roboticists for building mechswithout getting security's rubber stamp approval. They confiscate the mech suit and take it to the armory. I suggest that we sell the suit to get rid of it, the warden reports me and writes it into my criminal record. More threats, more angry custom emotes are given.

I run into the quartermasters, they ask me what the hell I'm doing, I offer them a secret mission. "A secret mission? What?" 'Yep. Here's your secret mission: have a great day.' 'Uhhhh....' Someone starts yelling over the security frequency about a botanist violently attacking a guard with some nettles. I pull out my egun to chase them off, everyone starts screaming that I have my gun out at code blue security levels and this is a total outrage or something. While this was going on, the Chief Medical Officer wrote "catbeests" somewhere on the station in crayon, security found it, and the whole security team agrees that I must have done it and this was the last straw.

Returning to QM, the quartermasters seem to have taken their mission to heart and have chilled out a bit. They ask me if I've heard all the poo poo being said on the radio about me, and express their concern at all the treats of mutiny. In appreciation for their concerns, I offer them a deal... if I can reclaim the Giygas mech suit from beneath the warden's gaze in the armory, I'll let them keep all the proceeds from selling it. They claim this will earn about $20k and they're quite happy to be part of this deal.

So I set up the teleporter, head to the armory, sneak in a side door and steal the gigantic scary-looking armed mech suit through a portal. Amusingly enough, it fits into a locker, which I deliver to the QMs. They dutifully sell it. The warden finds out that the mech is missing. This causes a huge outburst, the HoS orders everyone to start packing laser weapons. I am immediately blamed for it. Lethal force is authorized against me over the radio channels I can still easily hear, so I suit up for space and disappear myself to another zlevel. A full mutiny against me has now been declared by almost all the other station heads and security.

I use my PDA to set the station terminals to read "~no catbeasts allowed~" and people start yelling in OOC about it. After floating around in space for a bit with spacesuited security trying to find me, I stumble across a soviet outpost... which conveniently has a newscast terminal.

-Breaking News: The Handsome and Dashing Captain Edgar T. Bumblechumps finds his dream of being chosen Captain of the Year dashed by a full-scale insurrecton from his own guards . Catbeasts roam the halls, defying God and nature alike. In these dark times, crew, always remember that Captain Bumblechumps loves you. Stay strong, friends! [Story by Edgar T. Bumblechumps (Captain)]

-THEY AREN'T CATBEASTS [Story by Random Crewmember] 

-omfg stop insulting the tarajan they aren't cats!!!!! [Story by Someone Else] 

(My first newscast gets erased by security)

-Breaking News: Beloved Man of the People, Edgar T. Bumblechumps finds his recent story redacted by cruel censors. Free speech advocates all around the system react in outrage at this suppression of the free press. A catbeast conspiracy? Stay tuned. [Story by Edgar T. Bumblechumps (Captain)]

ATTENTION: This channel has been deemed as threatening to the welfare of the station, and marked with a Nanotrasen D-Notice. No further feed story additions are allowed while the D-Notice is in effect. 

Someone now issues a station-wide command alert about how I'm wanted for treason, dereliction of duty, behavior unbecoming of an officer and a bunch of other poo poo. The shuttle gets called because of this. I sneak my way back to the station level and float around waving at the crew through the windows and offering them my friendship. Many rudely rebuff me. I escape by myself in a pod with most of the crew still wanting me dead.

OOC: (the warden) I CAn'T BELIEVE I HAD TO SHUT OFF THE WHOLE NEWSCAST SYSTEM BECAUSE OF ONE PERSON

OOC: (some other guard) that loving captain was awful!!! awful round! 

OOC: (the chef): The captain stole my pies, and food.And burgers.

This morning, Reinhardt T. Bumblechumps, brother of Edgar gets a chance at captain. 
Trying to sell the station corgi out the QM dock had tragic results, so to atone for this I took the corgi's body to the chapel. Security immediately turned on me, I broke into the vault and dragged the unarmed useless nuke around on a parade around the station to instill some patriotism.

YOU HAVE BEEN BANNED
Reason: Killed Ian and dragged him around, stole station with RCD and dragged nuke around, etc etc -- sorry! Expires: PERMENANT

:smith:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

And this one deserves it's own post (also because I ran out of room in the last one).

”Daeren” posted:

Central Authority Update

Notice

Sundance Feely, please report to the Space Hague immediately for Space Crimes against Humanity. Your treatment of prisoners is absurd and completely inhuman. Your trial begins in 15 minutes.

[16:45:03] Daeren/(Ensign Daeren): wait what 
[16:45:10] Shotgunbill/(Logan Woollard): he shaved a wizard 
[16:45:16] Shotgunbill/(Logan Woollard): HE SHAVED A WIZARD 

Sundance Feely: What is this 
Sundance Feely: madness 
Sundance Feely: where the hell is space hagu

Ensign Daeren: sundance
Ensign Daeren: give me all access and i will be your lawyer
Ensign Daeren: trust me i have passed the space bar 

Alan Cowart: So any preferences? 
AquinASS the Dumb: Me? 
Alan Cowart: Yeah 
Alan Cowart: I've been asking what job you wanted 
AquinASS the Dumb: Chaplain 
AquinASS the Dumb: Im still spreading space Satanism 
Sundance Feely: yeah give him chaplain 
AquinASS the Dumb: I will not let you down

Scarecambot: THE JUDGE, you're on the spooky station! Enjoy your new temp job as a Staff Assistant! 
THE JUDGE points to Sundance Feely.
THE JUDGE: THERE HE IS. 
THE JUDGE: YOU WILL BE AT YOUR TRIAL IN TWELVE MINUTES. 
THE JUDGE: YOU HAVE SPACE CRIMES TO ANSWER FOR. 

Ensign Daeren: will you take me up on my generous offer 
Alan Cowart: Hey wait this is a tourist ID
Alan Cowart: I can't legally upgrade your ID 
Ensign Daeren: i have passed the space bar 
Ensign Daeren: give me a lawyer ID 
Ensign Daeren: and i will defend sundance 
Alan Cowart: Where did you study? 
Ensign Daeren: university of phoenix online 
Ensign Daeren: in space 
Alan Cowart: Good enough for me

THE JUDGE: basically here's the scoop 
THE JUDGE: sundance captured and shaved the wizard, then regulated him to clown abuse 

Sundance Feely: I will not stand trail just because some ugly staff assistant demanded. Where the hell IS space hague anyway 
Ensign Daeren: feely trust me i have an open and shut case 
Sundance Feely: I am fining the administration for fabrication of the truth 
Sundance Feely: ensign daeren 
Ensign Daeren farts delicately. 
Sundance Feely: you shall be my lawyer 
Ensign Daeren: aight 

Frank Railway: OH YES! 
Frank Railway: POSE FOR ME OWL! 

Sundance Feely: fine, I have legal representation. 
Sundance Feely: ensign daeren will be my representive of law 
THE JUDGE: I accept. 
THE JUDGE: You have eight minutes to discuss your case. 

The station runs out of money.

Alan Cowart: Please welcome our new chaplain wizard Wiz Dude 
Alan Cowart: GO MAKE ME SOME MONEY LAWYER 
Ensign Daeren: AIGHT 
Ensign Daeren: FOLLOW ME TO THE SLOTS 

Cesar Adams: I have performed a brain transplant experiment on one of the dead wizard corpses. I am attempting to move their powers to a new body 
James Johnson: That's an insane idea. I like it. 

Sundance Feely: they think I abuse my prisoners 
Ensign Daeren: what are the allegations of abuse 
Don Gumbo: PLEAS EHELP WE'VE GOT WOUNDED OH MY GOD HELPPPPPPPP 
Ruben Wile: SEC BEATING ME UP IN BRIG AUGH 

Frank Railway: I touched an owl and I think it might have been rabid 

Ensign Daeren: okay so what's the allegation of abuse 
Sundance Feely: I shaved his beard and sliced him a little, but it was only by accident 
Sundance Feely: I am an awful barber 
Ensign Daeren: hm yes 
Ensign Daeren: what was the wizard's name 
Sundance Feely: aquinASS 
Sundance Feely: the Dumb 
Ensign Daeren: hmm yes 
Ensign Daeren: any other abuses and crimes against humanity i should know about 
Sundance Feely: I once murdered an orphanage 
Sundance Feely: orphanage williams was his name

Central Authority Update

Alert

Head of Security Officer Sundance Feely, report to the Courtroom immediately. Crew, please report to the Jury section of the Courtroom. Sundance Feely is wanted for crimes against humanity. 

Ensign Daeren: aight it's go time 

Central Authority Update

Sundance Feely will be represented by Ensign Daeren, a notorious Space Lawyer from the Donk n' Donk Law Firm. 

Ensign Daeren: I OBJECT 
Ensign Daeren: I AM NOT NOTORIOUS 

Central Authority Update

We require more jurors. Please report to the Courtroom. Two minutes until trial. The Space Hague will be paying your juror's fees. 

Ruben Wile: I wanna be a juror 
Kiki Kolana: I am now the captain by way of finders keepers. Don't start before I get there. 
Chase Quentin: Where is the courtroom? 
Alan Cowart: EVERYONE COME ON 
Ensign Daeren: outside the bridge 
Sundance Feely: get away from my room you cretin! 
Alan Cowart: As HoP I am correspondant to the action fo the crew so I will also be on trial 
James Johnson: We're actually doing a trial? 

Central Authority Update

The Courtroom is right in front of the Bridge. You cannot miss it. YOU WORK HERE, PEOPLE.

HE JUDGE: Sundance Feely. Do you understand why you are here today? 
Sundance Feely: Slightly 
James Johnson: The judge is actually a staff assistant. 
Sundance Feely grins. 
Alan Cowart: He's still a helluva judge 
Frankie Signh: someone get a weapon 
Ensign Daeren: SILENCE IN THE PEANUT GALLERY 
Donald Keyes: I don't think we take order from the defense attorney 
Ensign Daeren screams! 

THE JUDGE: Sundance Feely, you are wanted for crimes against humanity for breaking the Space Geneva Convention on the Treatment of Wartime Prisoners. 
Sundance Feely nods. 
Robot 534: ALL NONOFFICAL PERSONELL ARE TO LEAVE THE COURTROOM 
THE JUDGE: The Space Hague is in Europe. We do European Law around here. This is an inquiry court, not an adversial one. 
Ensign Daeren: gently caress (Whispered) 
THE JUDGE: Sundance Feely, can you please describe what you did to that poor man? 
THE JUDGE: The wizard. 
Sundance Feely: for what crimes against humanity am I being charged with
THE JUDGE: Inhumane treatment of prisoners, improper conduct and jaywalking. 
Kiki Kolana: JAYWALKER 
Sundance Feely: jaywalking!? 
THE JUDGE: Jaywalking. 
Ensign Daeren: OBJECTION 
Ensign Daeren: THERE ARE NO ROADS IN SPACE TO JAYWALK ON 
THE JUDGE: OBJECTION sustained. 
THE JUDGE: We will not be covering the topic of jaywalking, as noted by Mr. Daeren. 

Jenny Chengling: Kiki, please stop jumping in your chair (Whispered) 
Kiki Kolana: I'm so excited though 

Alan Cowart: Rehabilitation isn't a war crime, it's a service your honor 
Robot 534: Question 
Robot 534: Is this so called treatment documented 
Robot 534: Where is the proof? 

Alan Cowart: Chef bring some popcorn to the courtroom

Shotgunbill/(THE JUDGE): I cannot stop laughing IRL 
Daeren/(Ensign Daeren):  

The wizard is dragged in, shaved and naked

Sundance Feely: hey theres the wiz 
Sundance Feely: wizard speak up for your self 
AquinASS the Dumb: Hello 
THE JUDGE: Bring the wizard over to me. 
Sundance Feely: He was dressed last time I checked 
Sundance Feely: Somebody stripped him naked to make me look bad (Whispered) 
THE JUDGE: I want the wizard to discuss HOW Sundance Feely here abused him. 
THE JUDGE: Mr. Wizard, please, you have the floor. 
Ensign Daeren throws the photo of AquinASS the Dumb and a chair
Ensign Daeren: EVIDENCE A 
Ensign Daeren: PHOTOGRAPH OF THE ALLEGED WIZARD 
Ensign Daeren: NOTE HE IS PROPERLY ATTIRED IN THE OUTFIT OF A STAFF ASSISTANT 
Mr. Shimbob: ; HELP ME IN HANGAR MY loving ARM CAME OFF 
Ensign Daeren: WHY WOULD A SO CALLED WIZARD WEAR A GRAY SHIRT 
Donald Keyes: It wasn't even a wizard! (Whispered) 

Daeren/(Ensign Daeren): i'm loving dying that there's another wizard running around killing people as this is going on 

AquinASS the Dumb: He cut off all my hair and humiliated me 
Ensign Daeren screams! 
Terry Swagger screams! 
THE JUDGE: ORDER IN THE COURT, ORDER IN THE COURT. 
Lamar Hopkins: Awesome
Sundance Feely: Your hair was dirty 
AquinASS the Dumb: all i was here to do was to help bridge the gap between our people 
Alan Cowart: Would you shits find a seat 
Alan Cowart: You're clogging up the court room 

THE JUDGE: LET THAT drat WIZARD SPEAK. 
Ensign Daeren: fine 
THE JUDGE: That wizard is hella noble. Look at that, he said he wanted to bridge the gap between our peoples. 
Donald Keyes: A real diplomat... (Whispered) 
John Fuckupson: Did that judge just say hella? (Whispered) 
Robot 534: ALL PERSONELL NOT DIRECTLY INVOLVED WITH THIS CASE CLEAR THE COURT 

Sundance Feely: He is a satanist! 
AquinASS the Dumb: And? 
Oddball Rhinehart: LIES AND SLANDER! 
THE JUDGE: ORDER IN THE COURT! LET THE WIZARD SPEAK!
AquinASS the Dumb: Last i checked Satanism was a Legal Religion 
Donald Keyes: A religious man... (Whispered) 
Kiki Kolana: NOT ENOUGH CHAIRS 
Kiki Kolana: I CALL MISTRIAL 
Ensign Daeren: ALL NERDS SHUT UP AND LET PROCEEDINGS CONTINUE OR YOU GET PRISONED 
Ensign Daeren screams! 
James Johnson: Be quiet, Kolana. 

THE JUDGE: Wizard, how did Sundance Feely treat your when he took you in? 
Alan Cowart: May I speak your honor? 

Another wizard casts Pandemonium, and gives Swedish, Chavvish, and Funky accents to everyone, which were not included in admin logs

Ensign Daeren: oh god damnit 
Kiki Kolana: Oh god 
Sundance Feely frowns. 
Alan Cowart: Ohh poo poo gently caress 
James Johnson: Oh god, this is a swedish trial now. 
Kiki Kolana: MISTRIAL 
Roshan Tamboli: welp 
Jack Queen: what the hell? 
Frank Railway: I FEEL STRANGE! 
Cyborg Xi-69: Oh good 
Boop Bot: Oh my. 
THE JUDGE: drat IT 
John Mcgeegerton: gently caress 
THE JUDGE: ORDER 
THE JUDGE: ORDER!!! 
Jenny Chengling: Good lord 
Ensign Daeren: lmfao 
AquinASS the Dumb: Welp 
John Fuckupson: Oh god, what is this!? 
Sundance Feely: THE WIZARD IS COLLOBRATING TO BRING DOWN THE STATION 
Jonathan Livingstone: There are better ways to do that, sir. 
Jenny Chengling: This is TERRIBLE 
Robot 534: A short recess should be held 

Ensign Daeren: JUDGE MAY I SUBMIT EVIDENCE B 
THE JUDGE: Yes, you may submit Evidence B. 
Ensign Daeren: EVIDENCE B 
Sundance Feely raises an eyebrow. 
Ensign Daeren: A PICTURE OF A HANDSOME DASHING HEAD OF SECURITY CLEARLY NOT INVOLVED WITH THE MURDER OF ENTIRE ORPHANAGES 
THE JUDGE: ORDER! 
Sailor Dave: ahahahahahahaha 
Sundance Feely: I told you ensign 
Sundance Feely: It was only 1 orphanage
Frank Railway: THOSE POOR ORPHANS! 
Donald Keyes: Bad enough they lost their parents... (Whispered) 
Sundance Feely: I was meant to whisper that 

THE JUDGE: Wizard. Do you recognize that man? 
AquinASS the Dumb: Yes 
THE JUDGE: ORDER IN THE COURT! 
THE JUDGE: LET THE drat WIZARD SPEAK. 
THE JUDGE: What did that man do to you? 
AquinASS the Dumb: He stripped me in public, cut my hair, which is against my religion might i add, then stole all my belongings 
THE JUDGE: Oh my god. 
Erak Zolon gasps. 
THE JUDGE: OH MY GOD. 

Central Authority Update 

OH MY GOD. 

AquinASS the Dumb says, "He stripped me in public, cut my hair, which is against my religion might i add, then stole all my belongings" 

Erak Zolon screams! 
Kiki Kolana: DEAR LORD 
Jenny Chengling screams! 
Jonathan Livingstone: Come on. 
Chase Quentin: SUNDANCE IS GUILTY! 
Frank Railway: HEARSAY! 
Chase Quentin: GUILTY! 
THE JUDGE: YOU CUT ... THE WIZARD'S HAIR? 
THE JUDGE: IS THAT WHY HE HAS NO BEARD? 
John Mcgeegerton: GUILTY FUCKER 
Kiki Kolana: EXCUTE HIM 
Kiki Kolana: GET THE CHAIR 
Oddball Rhinehart: ILL SET HIM ON FIRE! 

Ensign Daeren: OBJECTION
Ensign Daeren: I REFER TO EVIDENCE A ONCE MORE 
Ensign Daeren: NOTE THE SHOCKING AND APPALLING LACK OF A BEARD IN EVIDENCE A 
Ensign Daeren: OR OF WHITE HAIR 
Ensign Daeren: WHAT WIZARD HAS A BLACK HAIRCUT 
Ensign Daeren: I DEMAND AN ANSWER FOR THIS KANGAROO COURT 
Sundance Feely: I gave him a toupee 

THE JUDGE: IT WOULD APPEAR THAT MR. FEELY DOES INDEED SEEM GUILTY OF THIS HORRIBLE CRIME. 
Alan Cowart: Your honor Sundance should definately be charged, but as the HoP I ensured that the wizard was still allowed to practice his beliefes. So could you not sue the station? 
THE JUDGE: ENSIGN DAEREN. 
THE JUDGE: PLEASE PROVIDE... 
THE JUDGE: YOUR DEFENSE! 
Ensign Daeren: OF COURSE YOUR HONOR 
Ensign Daeren: FIRST OF ALL SUNDANCE IS AWESOME AND AQUINASS IS A KNOWN CHARLATAN WHO HAD A FAKE BEARD STRAPPED TO HIS SHAMEFUL FACE 
Ensign Daeren: SECOND OF ALL HE WAS WEARING A TOUPEE 
Ensign Daeren: WHAT THE HELL WIZARD WEARS A TOUPEE 
Robot 534: This is a shocking development 
THE JUDGE: Hmm, yes, WHERE is the evidence of your beard, Wizard??? 
Ensign Daeren: THIRD OF ALL HE WAS FOUND IN THE SPACE CUSTOMS LOBBY WITH AN ASSISTANT OUTFIT 
Sundance Feely nods. 
Sundance Feely grins.
THE JUDGE: A very good point! He may not even be a wizard at all! 
AquinASS the Dumb: I was a DIPLOMAT FROM OUR PEOPLE 
Ensign Daeren: I SUBMIT THAT THIS ALLEGED WIZARD IS NOTHING MORE THAN A CON MAN WHO WISHES TO BILK US OUT OF LEGAL FEES 
John Mcgeegerton: YOU SHOULD BE MUDERED 
Kiki Kolana: A PHONEY WIZARD 

THE JUDGE: WIZARD, why were you seen wearing an Assistant Uniform? 
AquinASS the Dumb: that picture was taken after the stripping and beating
AquinASS the Dumb: I was sent to STOP THIS WAR 
Ensign Daeren: A LIKELY STORY 
Jenny Chengling: This is a show trial (Whispered) 
Wyatt Caldwell: Total sham (Whispered) 

Ensign Daeren: IF HE IS TRULY A WIZARD 
Ensign Daeren: LET US SEE HIM CAST A SPELL 
Ensign Daeren: RIGHT NOW 
Sundance Feely: what kind of wizard has BLACK EYEBROWS 
THE JUDGE: Yes. 
THE JUDGE: I agree. 
THE JUDGE: Wizard, prove that you are, in fact, a wizard. 
Frank Railway: YES! DO A CARD TRICK! 
AquinASS the Dumb: Give me a robe and i shall 
THE JUDGE: You do not get a robe to prove if you are magical. Harry Potter didn't need a robe to cast a loving spell, now did he??? 

Ensign Daeren: EVIDENCE C 
Sundance Feely raises an eyebrow. 
Ensign Daeren: OUR HANDSOME HEAD OF PERSONNEL WHO GAVE ME MY LEGAL CERTIFICATE 
Jenny Chengling yawns. 
Marisa P. Scarlet:: HELPPP!!!! 
Ensign Daeren: THIS MAN HELPED THIS ASSISTANT GET A PROMOTION TO CHAPLAIN 
Ensign Daeren: WHAT THE HELL WIZARD 
Ensign Daeren: WOULD WANT TO BE CHAPLAIN 
THE JUDGE: HMMMM. 
Ensign Daeren: THIS WIZARD HAS NO SUPPORT OF HIS CLAIMS 
Sundance Feely: Yes! I brought the staff assistant to the hop after his shenanigns 

John Fuckupson: GIVE THE MAN A WAND! 
AquinASS the Dumb: Im not harry potter 
AquinASS the Dumb: Also Rowling was a poo poo head 
Ensign Daeren: WHOA 
Ensign Daeren: RUDE 
Jenny Chengling: That IS rude (Whispered) 
AquinASS the Dumb: and that man over there is wearing my HOOD 
James Johnson: I'm the Head of Assistance. I picked up the hood because it looks good on my uniform. 

THE JUDGE: Attention everyone, please follow my logic on this one: 
THE JUDGE: a) Harry Potter is a wizard. b) The wizard claims that he is not Harry Potter... 
THE JUDGE: The Wizard is not a WIZARD. 
Albrecht The Explorer: Beautiful. 
AquinASS the Dumb gasps. 
Kiki Kolana: BUT WHAT ABOUT GANDALF 
John Mcgeegerton: YES HE IS 
John Mcgeegerton: HE IS A WIZARD 
Oddball Rhinehart: BURN THE NOT WITCH! 
Sailor Dave: YOUR HONOR 
Sailor Dave: I PROPOSE THAT HARRY POTTER WAS NEVER ACTUALLY A WIZARD! 
Frank Railway: wizard or not, this man is a brute (Whispered) 

Erak Zolpon (DEAD): wait... THEY'RE HOLDING A TRIAL 
Erak Zolon (DEAD): WHAT SORCERY IS THIS?!?! 

Robot 534: ORDER IN THE COURT 
THE JUDGE: THIS IS NOT A CASE ABOUT THIS MAN. 
THE JUDGE: ORDER IN THE COURT. 
Ensign Daeren: I FILE A COUNTER CLAIM THAT AQUINASS IS A HUGE NERD WHO HAS WASTED OUR TIME AND BLEMISHED THE GOOD NAME OF SUNDANCE "LITERALLY MURDERED BABIES" FEELY 
William Cosby: EXECUTION BY FLAMETHROWER! 
Cyborg Xi-69: I propose we do bloodwork to test his magic levels. 

THE JUDGE: Attention, JURORS. 
Kiki Kolana: BURN HIM AT THE STAKE 
THE JUDGE: ATTENTION. 
THE JUDGE: EVERYONE ATTENTION GOD drat IT. 
THE JUDGE: WE HAVE SEEN THIS CASE. 
Terry Swagger: wizard kinda sucks 
Sailor Dave: DIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE 
THE JUDGE: WE HAVE SEEN THE "WIZARD" SPEAK. 
THE JUDGE: WE HAVE SEEN DAEREN'S EVIDENCE. 
THE JUDGE: WE NOW NEED... 
THE JUDGE: SUNDANCE. 
THE JUDGE: YOUR STATEMENT. 
Sundance Feely: my statement? 
THE JUDGE: Your statement. 
THE JUDGE: Closing remarks before we go to the jurors. 

William Cosby: All those in favor of burning the wizard? 
lovely Bill burps. 
Oddball Rhinehart: There is no wizard! 
Wyatt Caldwell: I think he's a wizard 
Donald Keyes: Is the duck a witness? (Whispered) 
Kiki Kolana: I'm in favor of executing Sundance for his crimes against the wizard 
Cyborg Xi-69: Wizards are human, how barbaric are you!? 

Sundance Feely: I found this staff assistants practising dark arts. He is an insult to wizard, I took him in, with his staff assistant clothing to the hop to be reassigned 
Alan Cowart: I can attest to that, I reassigned him to chaplain 
Kiki Kolana: But you shaved him 
Ensign Daeren: SILENCE 
THE JUDGE: Oh dear, Daeren. 
Sundance Feely: He had a dirty beard, not a clean white one, like wizard should 
THE JUDGE: It appears that ... perhaps the wizard... is a wizard??? 
THE JUDGE: Practicing DARK ARTS hmmmmm????? 
Ensign Daeren: OBJECTION AGAIN 
Ensign Daeren: DARK ARTS ARE DIFFERENTIATED FROM DORK ARTS
Alan Cowart: Satanism isn't magic your honor 

Frank Railway: Gentlemen, I think we should resolve the matter in a civilized manner and burn the wizard to ashes 

THE JUDGE: Harry Potter loved his Defence against the Dark Arts class - like all wizards do. 
Kiki Kolana: Harry was a nerd 
William Cosby: I vote that I burn the wizard 
THE JUDGE: Any other statements for the court, Mr. Feely? 
Sundance Feely: This "wizard" wasn't practicing wizard arts. He was just clearly insane believing he 
Alan Cowart: Stall them by finding the other wizard (Whispered) 

Sailor Dave's PDA used by Sailor Dave -> THE JUDGE: Your Honor, I have a couple hundred credits with your name on it, if you agree to sway the trial in the Wizard's favor. 
Sailor Dave's PDA used by Sailor Dave -> Ensign Daeren: I'll pay you TWICE what he pays if you agree to have Sundance declared GUILTY. 
Ensign Daeren's PDA used by Ensign Daeren -> Sailor Dave: that would be 420 trillion space dollars 
Sailor Dave's PDA used by Sailor Dave -> Ensign Daeren: Agreed. 

Walter White slaps Sundance Feely across the face! Ouch! 
Sundance Feely screams! 
John Mcgeegerton: CALM THE gently caress DOWN 
Gandolfini: OH ME OH MY 
Jonathan Livingstone: This will hurt. 
Robot 534: STAND AWAY FROM THE DEFENDANT 

Ensign Daeren: NEW EVIDENCE YOUR HONOR 
Ensign Daeren: A CRIMES HAS ATTEMPTED TO BRIBE ME IN AN EFFORT TO CHANGE MY TESTIMONY 
Ensign Daeren: ONE "SAILOR NOT REALLY ALL THAT HANDSOME DAVE" 
THE JUDGE: I see. 
THE JUDGE: IF THAT IS THE CASE, DAEREN... 
THE JUDGE: WE SHALL GO STRAIGHT TO... 
THE JUDGE: DELIBERATION. 
Dr. Cogwerks/(Ooooooooooooh!!!!!) played sound tv-lawandorder.mid 

THE JUDGE: ATTENTION. 
John Mcgeegerton: gently caress 
Cyborg Xi-69: HE HAS A FLAMETHROWER 
John Fuckupson: What kind of court is this!? 
THE JUDGE: Jurors, I need you to listen carefully. I want you to deliberate over whether Sundance Feely is guilty or not guilty of crimes against humanity + the Wizard Federation. You have two minutes. Once you have done that, PDA me GUILTY or NOT GUILTY for SUNDANCE FEELY'S FATE. 
Chase Quentin: I propose we burn them both!! 
Sundance Feely: come on guys 
Alan Cowart: Wait how is this a crime against wizard federation, shouldn't it be vice versa? 
Robot 534: Was this jury screened at all 
Robot 534: They all seem to have murderous intent 
THE JUDGE: It was screened by whether or not they were able to open the glass door. 
Robot 534: How can either the defense or the prosecution in good faith accept this jury 
Ric Flair: WOOOOOO 

AquinASS the Dumb: I do not believe Anyone should be murdered 
Alan Cowart: I believe a peaceful solution your honor would be to shave and humiliate sundance in return 

THE JUDGE: Send in your final-- SUNDANCE FEELY, YOU AREN'T PERMITTED TO SUBMIT ME A MESSAGE 
Sundance Feely grins. 

THE JUDGE: ALRIGHT 
THE JUDGE: HERE ARE THE RESULTS 
Sundance Feely bites his nails 
THE JUDGE: I have counted up the votes that are ACTUALLY valid and not from the defendants. 
THE JUDGE: PLEASE LISTEN. SILENCE. 
THE JUDGE: This is a Criminal Court. We are obeying the rules of a Criminal Court. 
THE JUDGE: The results are in. 
lovely Bill burps. 
John Fuckupson: Sundance is not the father (Whispered) 

THE JUDGE: The jurors', after tallying the votes.... 
Ric Flair: prepare to riot 
THE JUDGE: ... 
THE JUDGE: THE VERDICT IS... 
Boop Bot: GET ON WITH IT 
THE JUDGE: NOT-GUILTY. 

Dr. Cogwerks/(Ooooooooooooh!!!!!) played sound sadtrombone2.ogg 

Ensign Daeren: YES 
Ruben Wile: BULLSHIT 
Oddball Rhinehart: BULLSHIT! 
Chase Quentin: BULLSHIT 
Frank Railway gasps. 
Alan Cowart screams! 
Cyborg Xi-69: Justice prevails 
Ric Flair screams! 
Jenny Chengling: WHAT THE HELL 
John Mcgeegerton: FUCUCUUSAG 
Ruben Wile: BULLSHIT 
Alan Cowart: WOOOO 
Erak Zolon (DEAD): RIOT! 
lovely Bill burps. 
Jenny Chengling: THIS IS A SHAM 
John Mcgeegerton: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK 
Lance Scott (DEAD): WHAT THE gently caress! 
Sundance Feely cheers!
Ruben Wile (as Isaac Price) screams! 
THE JUDGE: AS THERE WAS NOT A UNANIMOUS VOTE OF GUILTY. 
Sundance Feely: Hooray 
Donald Keyes: This is an outrage! 
Alan Cowart: WE'RE NOT GETTING SUED! 
Chase Quentin: THIS TRIAL WAS A SHAM. 
Alan Cowart: YAY!

Ensign Daeren: OH GOD 
Cyborg Xi-69: FIRE 
Luvenia Werry faints. 
AquinASS the Dumb shrugs. 
Lamar Hopkins screams! 
Jenny Chengling screams! 
John Mcgeegerton: THAT MEANS THE WIZARD WILL BE BURNED 
Ruben Wile: B U L L S H I T 
David Ryder: holy fuk 
Sundance Feely: Oh god 
Sailor Dave: BULLSHIT 
John Fuckupson: OH YEAH! BURN THE WIZARD! 
Sloan Collins: Ha ha 
John Mcgeegerton: OH GOD 
Frank Railway: THE JUDGE IS BRIBED! 
THE JUDGE: ATTENTION 
Sailor Dave: KILL 
Ensign Daeren: CRIMINALS ARE BURNING THE DEFENDANT ALIVE 
Sailor Dave: KILLLLLLL 
Donald Keyes: I demand to see the votes! 
John Mcgeegerton: OH GOD 
Sundance Feely screams! 
Ruben Wile: AHAHaHAHa 
Robot 534: STOP THIS INSANITY 
James Johnson: EVACUATE THE COURTROOM 
Frank Railway: I DEMAND TO SEE THE JUDGE'S BIRTH CERTIFICATE! 
Terry Swagger screams! 
Jenny Chengling: FIRE 
Jeremiah Riggle screams! 
John Mcgeegerton (as Wiz Buster) screams! 
Jenny Chengling screams! 
Sundance Feely: LOOK WHAT YOUVE CAUSED JUDGE 
Kiki Kolana: ; THIS IS SPACE LAW 
Sundance Feely: LOOK WHAT YOUVE DONE 

Central Authority Update

Seriously, I counted the votes. Eight people voted guilty, but JAMES JOHNSON voted not-guilty. According to criminal law, even ONE non-guilty vote is enough to cause an upset.

James Johnson: You're welcome, folks. 
Jenny Chengling: JAMES JOHNSON, YOU MASSIVE FUCKER 
Ruben Wile: KILL THAT FUCKER 
Cyborg Xi-69: :s James must be put in a safe place 
Chase Quentin: James, you ruined EVERYTHING. 
AquinASS the Dumb: MURDER 
Donald Keyes: I contend there was bribery involved! 
Scarecambot: NO CREWMEN WILL BE TREATED ANY DIFFERENTLY BASED ON THEIR VOTES 
Sundance Feely screams! 

Ensign Daeren: A VICTORY FOR JUSTICE 
Kiki Kolana: RIOT 
Ensign Daeren: MEDIC 

Ric Flair: gently caress IT IM WRESTLING EVERYONE 

John Fuckupson: Trial's over, time to die. 
Ric Flair: RIOT 
Kiki Kolana: RIOT 
Mr. Shimbob: NUMBA 5 IS ALIVE 
Don Gumbo: RIOT 
Ruben Wile: ROT 
Scarecambot: THIS STATION WILL HAVE ORDER! 
Oddball Rhinehart:: RIOT! 
Scarecambot: YOU ARE ALL HUMAN 
Jenny Chengling: RIOT 
Scarecambot: START ACTING LIKE IT 
Ric Flair: WOOOOO!

And then the station ripped itself apart in an orgy of sectarian violence. The End.

ohnorobot posted:

This reminds me of my VERY FIRST experience with SS13. I decided to try it out after reading all of the amazing stories and decided to jump on a low population server, which was someones sandbox server. So, I'm wandering around in the dark for several minutes, smashing myself in the face with things (babby's first SS13 action) and I stumble across a guy kitted out in full riot gear with a stun baton. He sees me and asks "hey want to see something cool?" he lobs a backpack towards me and tells me to look inside. Reading the griefing stories was enough to give me a healthy sense of paranoia and so I back off and kind of dance around waiting to see what he does. He runs up to pick up the backpack and the whole corridor erupts in fire. Now on fire, he chases me down the hall and falls unconscious before he can catch me.
Being new to the game I think to myself "I should I help him! Then we will be friends and he will share all of the games secrets with me!" I spot a medkit on a table nearby and rush to perform first aid.

Now, for those who haven't played, SS13 has a VERY complicated medical system. It involves different chemicals, diseases, genetic abnormalities, damage types, and from what I've read the HP system is one of the leading causes of lag; having gone years without anyone wanting to untangle its code. This was back when there were just bruise packs, burn patches and pills, but years of playing video had taught me one thing: a medkit is an item.

However, in SS13 it isn't an item that you use, its a container.
I hold the first aid kit in my hand and I click on him.

"You attack Chesty McButtwad in the chest with the first aid kit."

"OH GOD I'M SORRY" I click desperately around the UI trying to figure things out, changing intents dropping things, switching hands. I mash the medkit against him again and again, blood splattering my hands as I fight to save his life.
"OH GOD WHY ISN'T THIS WORKING. I'M SO SORRY."
Finally I hear his death rattle. I dropped the bloody first aid kit at my feet and stood alone in the darkness. My first encounter with another person punctuated with betrayal and murder. Whoever that was, without meaning to, he taught me alot about SS13 that day.

Infinite Monkeys posted:

I just concocted an elaborate bomb plot in SS13, which went about as well as I expected. I said this on the public radio channel, which everyone on the station can hear:

Dr. Kay [145.9] says, "Attention crew, this is your research director speaking. As a social experiment, I have hooked up a number of bombs around the station to a proximity sensor located just north of the airbridge. Anybody approaching said sensor will vaporise a large portion of the station. Thanks for listening"
Dr. Kay [145.9] says, "Oh also if anyone comes after me I'll set off the bombs"

I was hanging around near the sensor to see if anyone tripped it, and within 30 seconds the janitor Marc Murphy strolled past the sensor dragging his mop bucket, blowing up large parts of the station and killing a bunch of people. He was stunned by one of the blasts, but I wasn't since I was far enough away from it. I decided to kill him because why not? While I was strangling him, the detective Lawrence Thrisskeep walked up and this happened:

Lawrence Thrisskeep slurs, "Alrighff gome along quieffly"
Lawrence Thrisskeep slurs, "You're wanthfed for janiffor murder"
Dr. Kay says, "this janitor exploded the station"
Dr. Kay says, "I caught him for you"
Marc McMurphy gasps.
Dr. Kay says, "you're welcome"
Lawrence Thrisskeep slurs, "Do you gnow how mugh ffrouble you're in mishffer"
Lawrence Thrisskeep is trying to put a handcuffs on Marc McMurphy
Dr. Kay says, "yeah, Marc, you'll get it now"
Dr. Kay says, "good work, detective"
Dr. Kay salutes.

The janitor was arrested while he was dying from a bomb blast and strangulation, for carelessly walking past a proximity sensor I'd set up :v:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

cock hero flux posted:

The Crashwich one reminds me of something I did in SS13 once.

Everyone on the station has an ID card. It opens doors for them, and lists their name and occupation. If you held the ID in your hand and used it, it would flash it to everyone who could see you, showing them your name and job title. There's a computer that allows you to modify ID cards, changing the name and title on them.

I discovered 2 things: 1:that if you held your ID in your hand and held down the Page Down key, it would show everyone your name and title over and over again multiple times per second, filling up their chat log.

2: There was no limit to how long the name or title on the card could be.

Armed with this knowledge, I got myself a blindfold and pasted an entire book's worth of text onto an ID card. I walked up to people, put on my blindfold so that I would not be able to see myself hold up the card, picked up the card and held page down for a few seconds. Upon removing my blindfold, I was greeted by my victim staring blankly at me, their game having either crashed or just lagged out so badly that they were incapable of moving. I then stripped them naked and pushed them out an airlock and into space.

This is really good.

Magres posted:

SS13 is alive and well, the remake is on life support if not dead

That's a shame. I was lookin forward to the reboot. It looked so promising.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

There was also that cheese smoke that produced more cheese that would start smoking that would produce more cheese. It got out of hand.

I still am trying to find my demon tub story :smith:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I guess this can qualify as a grief. http://youtu.be/WBrhUDYspa8

I don't know how to time stamp, but at 6:45 is one of the funniest displays of karma in a video game that I have ever seen. If you don't watch the rest of the video, essentially they are playing a map that calls for sand kings only. Everyone neglected this until this race. So everyone is now driving a sand King, except the streamer, and he pays for it.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

dogstile posted:

Hungry, Hungry Dragon and a City of Bones

Back in the early days of warcraft, before the first expansion there was a dragon, Teremus the Devourer. Teremus was pretty hard to fight back then, because he would steal your health if he breathed fire on you, requiring a group to kill unless you were maxed out.

A popular activity was kiting him to goldshire, stormwind or whatever the pirate place was at the bottom of the map. Usually these places are full of low level players or people roleplaying. For some reason, if you dragged the dragon through these areas, players would swarm to him, constantly trying to kill him, but as all of them aren't strong enough to do any appreciable damage to him, he gained more health than he lost by killing them.

As the servers shut off for a patch every wednesday, it would be part of my routine, every wednesday night after the patch to drag the dragon to stormwind, where it would stay for a week. As Stormwind was the main trade hub at the time, players would be stood outside the bank trying to trade, where suddenly a dragon would appear, immolating them.

The best part of this was that the game left corpses in the form of skeletons on the floor where people died. Not forever, but a pretty long time. You wouldn't be able to walk down a single street in stormwind without stepping on a skeleton.

An Eggcellent grief

Once players (eventually) found out how to stop the dragon, I developed a new way to grief.

In the blasted lands where you found the dragon, there was also a special enemy who required you to take down their health to a certain level, then kill their "egg". If you didn't kill the egg, the enemy would stay on 1hp and never die.

You could use this knowledge to kite the NPC to any town you wanted. In this case, the NPC did less damage than a massive gently caress off dragon, but it was completely unkillable. If you and a group of friends were tanky enough, you could grab four or five of these guys and drag them to the nearest town.

Even better, was that they lost their "tether" to their eggs once they got far enough away. Even if a group of fairly clever players figured out my trick and killed the eggs, all that would do is spawn more unkillable NPC's in the blasted lands, which we would then drag to stormwind again.

A couple of days in, if an admin didn't intervene you could have 20/25 completely unkillable, high level NPC's running around town, punching all the newbies to death.

It was a dark and sad day the day tethers came out. Kiting was a rite of passage (and required if I recall for the super awesome bow) for hunters.

Kiting players was just as fun. Concussion shot is an arrow shot that has a 6 or so second cool down and slows the person down to a crawl for about the same time. So when you were out in the wilderness as you are wont to do, coming across a player who wants to kill you and out levels you, no longer becomes an issue. Essentially, as long as you hit him, the slow thing procs but does no damage. So while you are jumping and spinning and shooting like legless lass, they are futilely trying to reach you. If hey try to run away, you follow them and do the same thing.

Since there wasn't a way you could mount up in combat and flying wasn't available yet, this would happen as long as you wanted, or until someone killed you or went into a friendly town.

I had it happens few times, it's a legit good tactic in higher levels, but it sucks to have happen to you so loving bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

To be honest, it's basically Internet 101 not to out personally identifiable information like your name, city, or whatever online.

As someone that has been doxxed before, it sucks, but it was my fault for not following basic knowledge.

• Locked thread