Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

The Pain posted:

Oh god how could I forget the lava. Just sit at the bottom of the chain and wait for the unsuspecting flagged Hordie to make his way down towards MC and "Plunk".

What is a "flagged" Hordie? I played WoW to endgame and never ran into this terminology.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

MrDutch posted:

Some goons came online, in total we were with 4, one left soon.

Maybe needs more goons and more planning.

This has to be the most boring attempt at griefing ever. Come on, at least try something involving comedy or humor.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

BigPaddy posted:

Probally already been covered but Goonfleet have a good thing going with Jihadswarm
https://www.jihadswarm.com

The tears are near endless as you destroy weeks if not months of someones work.

What the hell is Jihadswarm? Do you just kill people in 0.0 space or some dumb poo poo?

I attempted to click around your site but it didn't tell me a drat thing.

Jarvisi fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Jul 29, 2008

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Death Bot posted:

I'm pretty sure I was just griefed in DotA last night.

Uh, what exactly is this DoTA? Is it a new game that just came out?

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

dsage posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defense_of_the_Ancients

I lost my last CS:S clan to that loving game/map. :smith:

oh poo poo I remember that now. Isn't it still bannable to admit you play it on sa, though?

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Clamps McGraw posted:

Good point.

I got off scot-free and he lost his account with two years of play and 5000 games, though, so it's pretty much 50/50. v:shobon:v

(Yes, it's already been pointed out that I'm a douchebag.)

So he lost...nothing? I'm a little confused about this whole xbox thing. Can't he just open up a new account for free? Or is it like steam where all the games are tied to your account?

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

lil bi azn posted:

This is about the only "real life grief" I've read about that's actually funny, I too live in a town where all the bicycle riders are pretty much homeless people and drunk drivers who lost their licenses so their reflexes can't be great, I might have to try this one out.

Isn't it illegal to ride your bike on the sidewalks in the first place? I was always told by the police that you were supposed to ride your bike in the streets with the cars, bike lane or no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Solomonic posted:

On the subject of Dark Souls, check this out.

For the uninitiated: the player in the video has dressed up in the weapon/armor ensemble of one of the game's normal NPC enemies, and is standing around in an area where those NPCs spawn, waiting for people to invade him. He stands still, waits for them to assume he's an NPC and run by him, and then kills them. Simple in concept, pretty funny in execution.

Of course, anyone who used lock-on would see through this, so I assume there were probably a lot of failed attempts that didn't make it into the video. Still, it's amusing to see people run up, pause, warily edge towards him to see if anything happens, relax, and then run by only to be backstabbed and kicked off the edge.

So NPC enemies just stand perfectly still and do nothing? This video confuses me greatly.

• Locked thread