Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cal Worthington
Oct 8, 2013

Serious business.
In Dota 2 there's a hero named "Pudge" who can become extremely tanky if the game goes on long enough or if he has been getting a lot of kills/assists.

With the right items, he can run into the enemy fountain (the spawn) and tank the anti camp system. Since the system only targets one hero at a time, the rest of the team can run in and kill the enemy inside of their own fountain. Several games my team has done this for as long as twenty minutes, and if the team is strong enough, there's no way the enemy can fight back.

Another fun thing to do as Pudge is to buy a force staff, which allows you to push yourself or others ahead. The force staff can also be used to push yourself onto otherwise unreachable areas, like small cliffs. There are several areas of the map where you can force staff yourself and then use an ability to hook people onto your location. The only way to get out is to buy a teleportation scroll, which would need to be delivered by a flying courier (which you can intercept and kill if you hooked an enemy).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cal Worthington
Oct 8, 2013

Serious business.
Also on Dota 2 Diretide:

Many people take the second phase of the game seriously. In this phase you need to work together to kill a "raid" like boss. A certain hero can stop time, which also stops all allies and enemies as well.

My friend would constantly join games as this hero and stop time during the boss fight, which needs to die in a certain amount of time. Though these pubs have no chance of beating the record, they still get very upset when their hero freezes and the timer ticks down.

Cal Worthington
Oct 8, 2013

Serious business.

Zaodai posted:

My favorite part of that is when I opened the thread and immediately started trying to figure out "what the hell game is THAT?!" just based off the explosion, because it had transfixed my attention before I even read or noticed the story around it.

I couldn't stand STO to the point where I didn't even make it all the way through the tutorial mission before quitting, but it is good to know the goons that play it are making the best of it. :allears:

I'm glad at least some people are having fun with that game.

Cal Worthington
Oct 8, 2013

Serious business.

DarkDobe posted:

Not quite the same as Esteban - but also hilarious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJzd8oLgbWY

I didn't know people still played Second Life. The video is hilarious, though.

Cal Worthington
Oct 8, 2013

Serious business.
Created this when Rust goons played Reign of Kings a while back. There are some cheap laughs, but the game is awful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm-X7wTg-ZY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cal Worthington
Oct 8, 2013

Serious business.
The goon clan has been doxxing folks and posting their "WANTED" poster picture (a real picture of them we find on the internet) on Rust's ingame sign creator. The admins had finally gotten enough complaints (one kid had his dad scream at them) that they came to us to talk about it, with the clan that complained backing them up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzJxmwfytl4

All the pictures found were accounts linked to their Steam through Twitter or Facebook. This kid in particular had his full name on his Steam profile.

e: To be more clear, they were Twitch streamers, and we never used real names, only one photo of their face.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread