Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaptainWinky
Jun 13, 2001

drunken officeparty posted:

Peoples SL stories make it way more glamorous then it is :smith:. The learning curve is pretty drat big, and I wouldn't expect anyone to make something like in this thread anytime soon.

I tried SL briefly almost a year ago. I made my character an obese pinhead wearing an american flag shirt and a thong, flew around for about an hour, then gave up. If I knew how to make some of the weird objects like people have been describing, it'd be good for a laugh.

My favorite griefing story: QWTF, playing Hunted.

For those of you unfamiliar with QWTF, Hunted was different from its TFC counterpart. There were three teams: President (blue), bodyguards (red), and assassins (yellow). The President was a special civilian class with 50 health, no armor, and only an axe for self-defense. The bodyguards could be soldiers, medics, demomen, and maybe some other class I can't remember right now. The assassins could only be snipers. Assassins got team points for taking out the pres, and the pres/bodyguards got team points for getting the pres all the way to the goal point which was conveniently in a nice open area that invited snipers to take him out.

At least, that's how the map was designed. Bodyguards and assassins could bypass the class selection menu entirely and be whatever class they wanted by simply typing the class name in the console. This meant that unless an anal admin was on, you could end up with assassin heavies/engies/medics setting up a virtual base just outside the pres's starting building and raping anyone that tried to leave. Also, because the pres was technically on a different team from the bodyguards, the bodyguards could kill him.

One day I connected to a server playing Hunted and found that the president couldn't even make it out of the building because a bodyguard had switched to spy and was swinging his knife from behind the pres's spawn point. Soon a second spy joined in. I finally said gently caress it and became a spy too. We started lobbing gas grenades around (in QWTF they have a great trippy color-shifting effect) and I was laughing my rear end off at the surreal spectacle of a blue guy appearing and instantly turning into gibs over and over while the walls swam around and changed colors. Eventually this crashed the server. I wish I had a demo of it because it was the funniest loving thing I'd ever seen in QWTF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainWinky
Jun 13, 2001
TF2 flare griefing may be funny but I think there's a lot more potential in not crashing the server and just loving with the players. See the Team Roomba TF2 trivia video and the DemoniusX voicespam video for examples.

• Locked thread