Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KatMan911
Jan 21, 2002
CHEAP FUCKASS. I HAVE NO COMPASSION. IGNORE ME. I AM WORTHLESS.

Diogines posted:

In the MMO Asherons Call there was an area called Fort Teth. At the time, it was one of the most populated areas in the game, always very crowded. Peopel were coming and leaving constantly, you might find 300 people there at peak time. There were in fact 300 people there at peak time. It was on the other side of the game world from most of the populated cities and in the middle of a (huge) hostile region, which took up roughly a third of the game world. Asherons Call did not have zones, it was one massive, seamless world.

Also in this game was the dread Killer Bunny. This bunny was not seriously meant to be killed, really it was a monty python joke. It had never been killed up to this point. The bunny was a an hour and 10 minute run from Fort Teth from it's cave. The rabbit could outrun well, anyone, though with a fast player, it might take some time to catch up. It always automatically targeted the closest player. Myself and a large group of compatriots got in fighting range and then, ran. It kept killing us but we had enough people in on this to keep it chasing after us the whole way.

Finally it got to Fort Teth... and the slaughter began. In AC if you died, your corpse dropped your a few of your best items, though no one but you could get the items for hours. Fort Teth being a hub of the game, people would bring their mules there, low level characters filled with loot to trade and no combat ability. The rabbit arrived and... the slaughter began. It went on for close to 5 hours. The game had poor path finding AI, once the rabbit was in the fort it coudl not get out, but it COULD attack anyone in range. The ground was so covered in corpses you could not see it in large patches. At first people were calling in allegiance(guild) mates to make an event out of it, to try to kill the dreaded rabbit. Then it turned to desperation. People died and starting losing seriously great loot but they could not go to recover them because the rabbit would one shot everyone who showed up. The rabbit went unkilled, but people kept coming in for hours and hours, just logging in, having no idea what awaited them and instantly dying. Most would come back after dying to see what happened and... die again.

It was a thing of beauty.
Haha, this is great. So how did it end?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread