Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

I can't believe this hasn't been talked about yet

Ok In EVE you can grief like crazy, its one of it's major strengths.

What we have in goonfleet is a campaign called Jihadswarm, and what it involves is taking out expensive targets that cost the target months of mining to get, quickly before the space police come and blow us up, we do this because the insurance payout for the ships we loose is huge compared to the insurance payout of the ships the targets loose. So our ship costs us like say 10mil, we get 9mil back and lose 1 mil, Where the miner's ship cost 100mil and gets back like 30mil, loosing 70mil.

In detail, what we do is fly into high security space where macro-miners sit all day and mine their boring space rocks so they can sell it for ISK and then sell that for money... the usual thing chinese gold farmers do. We then take either a single ship and find a single target, or we take a bigger ship with racks of smart bombs into a closely packed crowd of miners, and detonate.

http://www.jihadswarm.com/

I personally do it for the poo poo thats said in local chat afterwards, some people really really hate to loose their ships.

Into The Mild fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jun 30, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread