Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAG ON THE FORUMS
Mar 19, 2003

by Fragmaster
In Discworld Mud, somebody managed to get back to the Mended Drum (which is basically the center of the world and where the most people will be at any given time) after being killed by a vampire.

Now, vampires are very strong and live in a far-off area of discworld where new, weak people will never go. The problem is that when you're killed by a vampire, your corpse turns into a vampire.

So this corpse turned into a vampire and started killing people left and right, who then turned into vampires themselves, setting off a huge chain reaction that ended up with the the town of Ankh-Morpork (the main city in the game) being full of vampires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAG ON THE FORUMS
Mar 19, 2003

by Fragmaster
I've got a whole folder full of more of those dating game screenshots. The ones that were linked to earlier aren't even the funniest ones by a long shot.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nhy14dsabmd

Only registered members can see post attachments!

FAG ON THE FORUMS
Mar 19, 2003

by Fragmaster

mr. nazi posted:

Do a youtube search for "free hugs second life".

No, that doesn't work. It just comes up with some stupid, feel-good video with people holding up "free hugs" signs.

Oh, I found it on dailymotion:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5p99x_free-hugs-in-second-life_videogames

FAG ON THE FORUMS
Mar 19, 2003

by Fragmaster
Anyone who hasn't tried Second Life really should. The voice chat really adds a lot to the game, and there's really not much to learn. You don't have to actually create anything yourself if you don't want to (and in fact, the majority of people in the game never do create anything for themselves, they just purchase it pre-made).

I walked into this bondage sim today wearing an avatar made by a guy named TOASTXOR, I think. They were voice chatting, and their reactions were pretty funny. "Why the hell is there a hot dog in here?" "Is he getting up onto the pole?"

Those pink and blue balls are "poseballs". You sit on them to animate your avatar into all sorts of sick positions, usually.

FAG ON THE FORUMS
Mar 19, 2003

by Fragmaster

dsage posted:

Edit: Also, I would like to hear more mud stories. Post them if you have any.

On Discworld Mud, witches could create these tricks that would messages appear in the room. Well, there's this famous NPC thief named Ilik who would steal your money, so I made a trick that said "You notice Ilik Tanikalot" or something to that effect.

It was pretty funny to do that in a busy room. A lot of people would flee in horror and confusion. Sometimes I'd do it outside the main city, which he was supposed to be bound to, and people would freak out, thinking he was bugged. Somebody even filled out a bug report for it.

Another time, a friend and I held one of the player-run stores hostage with wizard lights. If you created enough of them in a room, it'd be so bright that everyone inside would go blind. This made the store pretty useless, since nobody could see what was in stock or anything, and the clerk in charge yelled at us. We were eventually stopped by one of the creators :(

You used to be able to throw pies at people. Wizards had a spell that could create cream pies, so I started a wizard, learned the spell, and just ran around creaming people. For about 5 minutes after getting hit, you'd have messages about wiping cream filling out of your eyes. I forget if it'd make you come out of hiding when you did that.

Priests had a lot of ways to annoy people. You could put wards on objects that would harm whoever stole them. Usually this could only be used on other playkillers, but you could ward an item and then sell it to one of the general stores. Then when some poor newbie thief tried to shoplift it, the ward would go off and kill them.

My favorite thing to do as a priest was to make a bunch of money. You could get holy relics by using "search" at your altar for a while, and each relic was worth a hundred dollars or so. Not many people realized this, so I quickly became one of the richest people on the mud. I threw my money around just to annoy people. They said I was abusing a bug even though they had specifically coded it into the game (they just forgot to change it after they made holy relics be worth a lot of money).

I offered to pay some of the older players to stop being jackasses, and I think that's when the creators started looking into how I was making my money. Oh well.

FAG ON THE FORUMS
Mar 19, 2003

by Fragmaster
If you really want to piss people off, just start writing out the words, or openly insult the other players by name and draw mean caricatures.

FAG ON THE FORUMS
Mar 19, 2003

by Fragmaster

Rudiger posted:

So, I got banned from second life for a day...anyone else have that happen to them?

Were you walking around as a naked guy in a non-mature sim? It's kind of important to follow the rules if you don't want to get banned.

Sometimes they ban people just for the hell of it, it seems, but at least you can challenge those ones.

FAG ON THE FORUMS
Mar 19, 2003

by Fragmaster

1965917 posted:

Try not to piss off the big land owners since they prop up the sl economy and therefore call the shots. I always thought it weird that when given a chance to make a brand new world were you can do ANYTHING we simply recreate the one we have complete with the same pecking order.

I don't think a bunch of overweight, middle-aged, unmarried women run things in the real world, though.

FAG ON THE FORUMS
Mar 19, 2003

by Fragmaster

coyo7e posted:

It bugs the pedantist in me to call it a "crabwalk," though.

Lol, I read that as "pederast" for some reason.

When I think of the crabwalk, I think of how Dr. Zoidberg walks, but that's just me v:shobon:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAG ON THE FORUMS
Mar 19, 2003

by Fragmaster

coyo7e posted:

I guess I just don't watch all those cool shows anymore, so I'm out of the loop. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.. :downsgun:

It's been off the air for almost five years now, so it's not exactly the hot new thing.

edit: holy poo poo, wikipedia is telling me there are new episodes?

• Locked thread