Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Planetside yet. Where you could get Grief points. Planetside was an MMO-FPS set in the future with three factions and all that horseshit. Anyway if you killed, damaged, shot or hurt your teammates, their vehicles or their engineer toys (turrets, sensors) you got grief points. When you got enough grief points you couldn't use vehicles, get a few more, you can't use your weapons, that sort of thing.

However, comma, pause for effect there was one sure fire way to kill a platoon size element of your own team without getting points. You see if you were the owner of a vehicle you could lock it, preventing others from getting into just the trunk if you were using it to transport ammo or you could toggle it from trunk, passenger, driver slot positions too. If someone was in this slot it would kick them out. Now this game had water too and a lot of it was too deep even for the powered armor types to turn on run mode and get through without drowning.

So one day after being frustrated at my team loosing and having racked up enough grief points thanks to assholes standing in front of my tank every time I popped out of cover to fire before going back, that I couldn't get in any other vehicle I logged off and rolled a new character named Tossuindrink, got him up two or three ranks and had him train flying vehicles. Grabbed the transport airplane (galaxy) and told everyone at my sides main continent to get in, flew out to the deepest body of water near a hotspot and locked the Galaxy.

A full load of about 10 people and one wheeled jeep, streaked blue as they fell into the water.

Then I spent the rest of the day doing this.

So long story short my team pissed me off in Planetside so I loaded as many people as I could in a transport plane and made them all eject over the deepest water I could find. You can't swim in this game they all drowned and I spent all day doing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Plutarchwolf posted:

Sounds like a poo poo story to me. One word "Guards" should undo all that work, even pre superguard days.

Pre superguard and pre slime nerf the guards wouldn't kill the slimes in one hit, which would make them split. Which was part of how he held a city ransom until the server crashed.

• Locked thread