Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Myrddin Emrys
Jul 3, 2003

Ho ho ho, Pac-man!
In UO I loved stealing boats from newbies, and moving them one tile away from the shore, then talking to the newbies as if nothing was unusual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrddin Emrys
Jul 3, 2003

Ho ho ho, Pac-man!
Yeah enough with the stupid TF2 glitch and let's start talking about ruining people's lives in UO and having virtual sex with Reggie some more.

Myrddin Emrys
Jul 3, 2003

Ho ho ho, Pac-man!

Furril posted:

Rant over, feel free to continue making GBS threads all over the fun we're having. I'll get right back to hex editing your favorite game once I get done having a good time with flares. That 2Fort spawn isnt going to flare itself.
Griefing where people lose items or something in game is funny. Griefing where everyone just switches servers and continues is not funny.

I mean continue having fun and all, it's just that it pales in comparison to the awesome stuff that was posted and now we have, as someone else pointed out, a whoel bunch of screenshots and "stories" that are all the same. "I shot my gun a bunch of people signed off".

Great. Now let's let the creative people explain some of the interesting things they've done.

Myrddin Emrys
Jul 3, 2003

Ho ho ho, Pac-man!

Revener posted:

Okay but maybe what you're failing to understand is that they don't just switch servers. They sit there are whine and whine and whine, and it is absolutely hilarious. Sorry some of us are easily amused by something simple and don't feel like spending three months ruining someone's e-life before we get our jollies. (But I guess that just makes me an uninteresting uncreative person)

Although I do agree, more stories about ruining e-lifes. Specifically, more EvE stories if you've got any!
Eh, I think it pales in comparison still, even if people do whine a bunch.

Myrddin Emrys
Jul 3, 2003

Ho ho ho, Pac-man!
I recently accidentally griefed a goon team in Warhammer Online.

Basically, the whole "TF2 heavy/medic" thing applies to WAR As well. There are tanks with tons of hit points, and then there are healers who sit back and keep them happy and alive. For some godawful reason, pubbies see this mass of flesh and think, KILL THAT FIRST, which is wrong because it's tough to make a dent in them. You need to take out their healers first, then any bright wizards (huuuge nuke damage and snares and all kinds of nastiness) and tanks should be last. Tanks don't do a whole lot of damage to a whole lot of people, especially at lower levels.

So, anyway, me and some goons roll into a new scenario (instanced PvP battleground, in this case it's sort of a capture-the-point style game). One goon immediately tells the rest of the group "remember to ignore tanks and go for healers".

So, just to be funny, I said "wtf noob y would we do that, go for tanks they are huuuuge".

The other goon immediately typed "Don't say that, not even joking, they'll believe you!"

They did believe me. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrddin Emrys
Jul 3, 2003

Ho ho ho, Pac-man!
Probably mentioned before, but in UO, back before you could buy "credit sheets" or whatever the hell, gold had weight, and characters could only move with limited weight, you were rooted to the ground if you were too overweight. It was easy enough to get a horse or mule to carry things, and you could store a lot of stuff in your house or bank, but selling stuff to other people became a hassle.

You had to drop it on the floor and let them pick it up.

People typically did this INSIDE the bank building, because no one ever went inside, you could do all your banking from outside, you just had to be nearby. So people would go in to empty rooms in the bank and drop huge piles of gold and lumber and stuff so they could swap and trade. They would swap items, then immediately put it in the bank so they could move.

This was also because the trade window would only allow a certain "weight" as well, early on.

So, there I am, stealthed and invisible, in the bank, waiting for such a transaction, with my bank open. Oh hey free pile of gold sitting on the floor for a split second, MINE!

Sometimes, I would immediately re-hide so sometimes people had no idea what happened, would accuse each other of cheating the other, and it would usually end in bloodshed and they'd go outside town and kill each other, or attack in-town and get ganked by the guards.

• Locked thread