Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Constantine XI
Dec 21, 2003
omg turk rush
In TF2 it's a good laugh to join a game of Warpath as an engineer. I name myself "Don't take this teleporter" and dropped down an entrance down outside of our current spawn. That done I ran way the gently caress back to our original starting point and put down the exit. Anyone who took my teleporter would be confused as to why an engineer is laughing at him.

It's also challenging to try and teleport AFK guys across the map. Hey, just because they aren't there doesn't mean they can't contribute!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Constantine XI
Dec 21, 2003
omg turk rush
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qO-AX5DGro&NR=1

"Ah poo poo nigga I'm 'bout ta get my bazooka!"

Constantine XI
Dec 21, 2003
omg turk rush

Soulpudding posted:

You got griefed in RL teehee

Griefing the Arcade Scene

So some people might know I play (well, played mostly) fighting games competitively for quite a while. There were a few games I was tournament-capable at, but for the one game I played seriously (Guilty Gear XX and its sequals) I was one of the top players in the country. I would often play at the local arcade with my friends (who were likewise very good) and when we would get bored of playing seriously with each other we would devolve into seeing how badly we could grief the other people trying to play.

Common tactics included:

-Seeing someone walk into the arcade and put up a coin, and both players immediately sandbagging and playing like rear end, jumping around mashing moves and generally looking like random arcade scrubs, then as soon as the new player inserted his quarter pulling massive, full-life combos and complete lockdown pressure out of nowhere and double perfecting the poor bastard. Usually the guy wouldn't understand what had just happened and would stick around for at least one more game.

-Switching out the player after every round, even against the same opponent. We never asked for permission to do this, and would do it after winning rounds as opposed to losing

-Asking the opponent to pick the character I would play

-Killing an opponent with nothing but airthrows, or uppercuts, or the Punch button

-Winning by time outs every round

-Spending the entire fight talking to friends, not even fully facing the cabinet, obviously not paying the slightest attention to the game despite slaughtering the opponent

One of my roommates preferred going to the arcade while alone and picking Slayer (a vampire character who had a difficult but practical throw infinite in the original Guilty Gear XX) and performing nothing but invulnverable bite infinites for 30+ matches in a row as lines of scrubs would burn money trying to beat him. He considered stopping when someone threw a metal stool at him once, but decided that was even more reason to continue on.

Another one of my friends (zand from these very forums) is even worse; he will stand behind whoever is playing and give commentary along the lines of "Remember, scrubs can't block low" and "this guy is terrible" while the person is still sitting there, playing. Actually the stuff he says is usually worse, but those always stand out the most.

I'm tempted to call this a fakepost.

Constantine XI
Dec 21, 2003
omg turk rush

Soulpudding posted:

Can you specify what you find in my post to be fake? Pretty sure I can address it quickly but I'm personally not sure what part of it you don't find to be believable.

I'm not certain if you don't believe we would be such assholes, or if you don't believe doing these things is possible.

???

The latter.

Constantine XI
Dec 21, 2003
omg turk rush
Oh God. Infecting people in spawn and blocking the spawn doors in TFC were such dick moves, but the rage they produced was hilarious.

Constantine XI
Dec 21, 2003
omg turk rush
That sounds incredible.

Constantine XI
Dec 21, 2003
omg turk rush

So Nasty posted:

Any chance we can get back to griefing and you D&D nerds roll whatever the hell it is to leave.

Seriously guys. This thread is funny as hell and when I saw there were two new pages today that I haven't read imagine my disappointment when they had nothing to do with griefing. So basically please post more grief and take the D&D FAQ to the trad. forum thanks!

Constantine XI
Dec 21, 2003
omg turk rush

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Any chance you can stop thread making GBS threads and roll whatever the hell it is to :frogout:.

These stories are funny, also greifing, also the most posts the thread has had in months, also lol "nerds" like dudes playing DnD is any worse than dudes playing video games.

I think he was referring not to the D&D griefing (which is hilarious) but to the general D&D discussion going on.

Constantine XI
Dec 21, 2003
omg turk rush

Midjack posted:

Starcraft griefing we've all done as Zerg:

Inevitably you'll be able to find someone who does a 2v2 comp stomp on Big Game Hunters. When you and your "ally" are about to administer the coup de grace to the computer player, drop alliance. If you're strong enough to beat your former pal they'll disconnect here; however if not you can really drag it out against people who won't disconnect no matter what.

Burrow drones all over the map; if you have some scourge to spare those are good too. Then, every few minutes, create a new base and mine enough resources to make yet another base. Crank out a few zerglings and more drones, attack, get destroyed, rinse, and repeat.

The most I've done this is almost 2 hours, getting shouted at on chat the entire time.

The most delicious grief if you could pull it off successfully in Starcraft was to join a 7v1 comp stomp. Play normally but don't check allied victory. When the CPU is destroyed sit back and watch as questions arise and accusations begin to be flung back and forth. You can add to the fire yourself by casting suspicion on a player. Eventually someone will snap and attack someone. "WHY ARE YOU STILL BUILDING ZEALOTS??" This usually results in everyone killing the aggressor and the cycle continues. Try to be the last one standing.

Bonus points if you admit to the last victim that it was you all along.

Constantine XI
Dec 21, 2003
omg turk rush

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I can't believe no one has posted this one yet
Ventrilo Harassment - Dr. Franklin Ruehl.
The person manages to hold a conversation with a soundboard really well.

Now that was some skillful soundboarding.

Another classic: Counter Strike- Is that a bazooka right there??

Constantine XI fucked around with this message at 05:37 on May 15, 2009

Constantine XI
Dec 21, 2003
omg turk rush

Aerobic Robot posted:

This is pure brilliance.

This is really, really funny. I loved the part at the end where you can hear a scout dying off screen and then you see his scattergun flying across a picture of Uncle Phil's grinning crazy face.

Constantine XI
Dec 21, 2003
omg turk rush
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnmUuhaEeFo

Not exactly griefing, but it's Barack Obama playing Black Ops.

Constantine XI
Dec 21, 2003
omg turk rush
I was playing Left 4 Dead 2 scavenge mode and this guy was acting kind of smug and douchy to everyone, so I made fun of him about being adopted. He got so angry that his girlfriend (who was also in the game) had to tell him to calm down.

Douche: "DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN YOU loving oval office!"

GF: You know I'm getting really sick of your bullshit!

This went on for a bit and I'm pretty sure I was the cause of a relationship falling apart. Just from tossing gas cans over the side and constant medkit trapping. And maybe the thing about his parents dying in a car crash and him being adopted.

Constantine XI
Dec 21, 2003
omg turk rush
So some random dude called daniel's stream boring and then comes on here to whine about it after he gets banned for being an unfunny shitlord. Is that basically what this is all about?

Constantine XI
Dec 21, 2003
omg turk rush

FactsAreUseless posted:

An idiot revealed that another idiot is an idiot. Dario.

Yeah. Although I found his videos funny the way he kind of lifts the rock that is Second Life and exposes the weird poo poo underneath, he does seem kind of idiotic. He couldn't even figure out how to click the box properly!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Constantine XI
Dec 21, 2003
omg turk rush

Ernie Muppari posted:

What is a joke?

A miserable little pile of griefs!

• Locked thread