Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

Major Burns posted:

I can't find the original post but the story goes that some guy found a way to lure a slime into his house in ultima online and trap it behind a stool.He then exploited a glitch to duplicate the slime hundreds of times over the course of a few weeks.Because the slime was trapped behind a stool,all the slimes were duplicated in the same square.The player then went to the main town with a list of items and threatened to unleash the slimes if he didn't receive the items on the list.
The other characters all laughed at him,so the player removed the stool blocking the slimes and let them run rampant int the town.The slimes slaughtered everyone in the town,causing chaos and confusion everywhere.
A month or so later the player tried the same thing again,he went to town with a list of rare and expensive items.This time he was given everything on the list because of what happened last time.
The player unleashed the slimes anyway :)
That is freaking awesome.

"Laugh at me, will they? I'll show them, I'll show them ALL! Go then, my loyal fungus, teach those fools the meaning of FEAR."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

FalconBK posted:

Our first disgruntle with the people in SecondLife was over a confederate flag. On one building that we owned there were confederate flags hoisted above it and one had "The South will Rise Again!" written on it. Apparently this pissed off quite a few people and they made a poo poo storm on the official forums. The flags never got removed and the WWIIOLers got their first public light. It was hilarious to see people get so worked up over a few flags in one sim.

I have tons of stories from those times if you people are interested.

You can see the flags here
For some reason that reminds me of Peter Gabriel's "Games Without Frontiers" with the first verse about the flage.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

30 Second Artbomb posted:

Good job cheating at counterstrike and getting banned. You sure showed them!
Well at least in Australia you're not going to get hunted down in real life for it. Sometimes it's more about the metagame.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

OK, I haven't dipped my toe into the cesspit that is SL for over year but I've got to give this spider thing a go.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Jesus Christ posted:

Playing in Goon Squad on Mal'Ganis from the day the game came out 'til about a year and a half later was great. At the time Goon Squad was one of the largest guilds (if not the largest) on any server, and had such a large reputation that I'd often meet people in real life who played WoW, get to talking about it, then mention I was in Goon Squad. Whether they were on Mal'Ganis or not, nearly everyone had heard of us. About half of them would recall stories or videos they'd seen, laugh about it, and ask how to join while the other half would say Goon Squad is just a bunch of 13 year old immature jerks who want to ruin peoples times.
I was only in it for about 4-5 months (it got pretty repetitive after a while) but it was pretty hilarious, since there were lots of different kinds of people in the guild in those days. Also a fair amount of stupid drama but you get that.

The good part is that there were always people around that were up for doing stupid poo poo if you didn't feel like grinding or doing an instance run; doing runs to the opposing Auction House so you could leave a corpse with a spare character were pretty common. I dunno if that's strictly griefing but eh.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8143704238008316665&hl=en

And of course on other servers there was stuff like raids on in-game funerals and things like that.

The Deadly Hume fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Dec 15, 2008

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Algernon Quazar posted:

My sister introduced me to Cowed, a terrible MMO sort of game where you play as a cow. In armor. The rules are really awful and everyone takes the game far too seriously. They'll ban you for not emoting yourself unsheathing your weapon before you attack somebody, or for actually daring to refer to your character as a cow (Despite the fact that they're obviously cows, you have to pretend they're human). They'll ban you for not using a "medieval sounding" name, for attacking somebody without a clearly defined roleplaying reason, or just because they don't like you. Of course, this makes it even more fun.
drat it sounds like SS13 with bovines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Agean90 posted:

use to grief the gently caress outta this one kid by pulling a football away from him whenever he'd try to punt it. What a blockhead.
Good grief!

• Locked thread