Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
There's a guy on nethack.alt.org (ironme?) who just rerolls wizards until he gets a scroll of genocide, curses it, then engraves his name and uses the scroll to summon a bunch of ridiculously hard monsters on floor 2 or 3 of the dungeon. Nethack has "bones" files that save a floor and use it in someone else's game, so he basically screws over some other player with impossibly hard monsters right at the start of their game when they hit his bones. For what's essentially a single player game, it's a really creative way to grief others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Crash Bandicoot posted:

gently caress that Lord Britain fag I spent 2 hours crashing a TF2 server let's talk about that woo :hurr:

Do you have any pictures of a lot of flares, possibly with someone saying 'wtf lag' in the text chat? That would significantly increase my enjoyment of this story.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
There's a multiplayer game on the iPhone called Galcon, sort of like an RTS where you capture planets with ships.

Right at the start of a round you can launch 100% of your fleet right at somebody and essentially annihilate them, not completely wiping them out but severely crippling them and yourself as well. I've been going to servers and targeting whoever has the most wins, just trying to even stuff out. Robin Hood, if you will.

On the official forums I found a topic on it, and they're spergin' out discussing 'suicide bombers':

quote:

I plan on having fun. Surprisingly, I don't have fun when some idiot decides he's going to constantly attack me, therefore removing my ability to actually play the game in a normal fashion. What you're doing isn't being "robin hood." It's being a noob. You're an idiot, not robin hood.

Is that more clear for you, or would you prefer to tell me where you're from so I can make an area specific game reference since you can't wrap your mind around the concept of my last one?

I posted:

And really, if you are "looking to become a high ranked contender on the ranking" as the original post so deliciously put that's a pretty clear indication that your priorities are so far divorced from anything rational that I really have no compassion for whatever theories you have on what games 'should' be.

Gee, sorry you can't understand how for some people it's enjoyable to play a game well and therefore have a high rank that isn't messed up by people playing with no purpose aside from making you lose. Maybe one day you'll find something that you're good at, aside from making idiotic remarks on a forum, and you'll actually enjoy it. Until then I guess you'll probably stick to irritating people who are actually playing the game for the designed objective of "winning," which is, apparently, a pretty foreign concept to you.
:3:

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

RBA Starblade posted:

You should've asked why he lost to you if he's so good.

It's a 4 player game. I'm not winning these games, just completely locking one player down and preventing them from winning.

JawnV6 fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Oct 15, 2008

• Locked thread