Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rex Deckard
Jul 15, 2004

WalletBeef posted:

Does anyone have a link to the UO story of the guy who was responsible for the "slimes no longer split" fix?

From what I remember, some guy trapped a slime in a house, and repeatedly injured it to get it to split into 2. He made sure that he did enough damage, at just the right intervals, so he could get them to split repeatedly and not die.

Apparently, he did this for HOURS and when he opened up the door of the house, a wave of slimes just kept coming, and coming and coming. I can't remember if the server crashed or not.

I wish I could recall more details of it, but from what I remember, it was hilarious.

And posted 2 pages back. Sigh.

On topic, Second Life looks like a blast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rex Deckard
Jul 15, 2004

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I'm seeing an entirely new side to Fantasy Football. I always assumed it was, y'know, D&D for your jersey-sporting uncle, but if it's big enough to be actually griefable then I may have a new purpose in life.

Without even trying I destroyed a FF league because I did not want to have Michael Vick on my FF team. At the start of the season in 2006 he was part of my draft, and I dropped him because I did not want him to spread Herpes to the rest of my team. I did that as a joke, but he got scooped up in 3 seconds by another person in the league.

I also dropped players whose names I did not like, and again, they got scooped up. I was aiming to have the worst team in the league, and used the pic of that giant black guy eating a giant hamburger as my team logo.

It fell to pieces after that, and the person who ran the league banned me because I broke the entire season.

FF is serious business and can be griefed as I found even unintentionally.

• Locked thread