Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oldyogurt
Aug 14, 2004

Son of a--
Muldoon

Thesoldier posted:

The Realm Online
One of the first MMO's created by Sierra, like Ultima Online, the interface and gameplay were simple so this game was a griefing playground

-Forging Hot Items
There was a 2handed sword in The Realm known as "The Wrath", this was the only sword everyone ever wanted. In fact everyone and their mother used this weapon. Also it could be enchanted by people with a high level enchanting skill where they could add stats/effects on it that would last forever. Everyone would enchant wraths with FIVES or FIVED (Fire dmg, Ice Dmg, Venom Dmg, Electric Dmg, Strength, Dexterity) Problem with The Realm Online, you could rename weapons to whatever you wanted, and you could dye them. All you had to do was take a generic Two Handed sword and dye it purple and rename it. I've forged more wraths in my time than a counterfeit handbag ring.

I loved that game. What I would do was rename potions. Having a low alchemy skill tends to yield a lot of "Potions of Death" that would damage/kill you. Just rename them to "Healing Potion" and give them to your friends!

Oh yeah, "Demon Droppings" and "Rat Droppings" were actual items. You could put them in gift boxes and hand them out to people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread