Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thesoldier
Aug 15, 2004

Seek not greatness, but instead truth, and you shall find both.
I've done my fair share

The Realm Online
One of the first MMO's created by Sierra, like Ultima Online, the interface and gameplay were simple so this game was a griefing playground

-False drops
Every player in The Realm had his/her own house that had a chest for storage. Players would hold events in their house known as a "Drop" where players would drop items/gold and everyone would scramble to pick it up. I would hold false drops where when I had like 30-100 people in the house, I would only drop useless poo poo like roses or dye bottles. Sometimes when everyone had showed up I would just say "Drop's over, sorry you guys missed it"

-Middleman Scamming
There was no such thing as a trade window in this game, when you wanted to trade with another player, you each had to hand over the item. This lead to massive paranoia and everyone for big trades would always rely on a middleman, someone who would take the items/gold and give them to another person. All one had to do was just say "HEY IM A HONEST MM CHECK MY PROFILE" and just put a bunch of fake references in their profile. When the trade was complete, you would just run off, and never had to worry about being banned.

-Forging Hot Items
There was a 2handed sword in The Realm known as "The Wrath", this was the only sword everyone ever wanted. In fact everyone and their mother used this weapon. Also it could be enchanted by people with a high level enchanting skill where they could add stats/effects on it that would last forever. Everyone would enchant wraths with FIVES or FIVED (Fire dmg, Ice Dmg, Venom Dmg, Electric Dmg, Strength, Dexterity) Problem with The Realm Online, you could rename weapons to whatever you wanted, and you could dye them. All you had to do was take a generic Two Handed sword and dye it purple and rename it. I've forged more wraths in my time than a counterfeit handbag ring.

Star Wars Galaxies
-Why u blo bike
This phrase was uttered by someone who had their speeder bike destroyed by a goon. If you went into a duel with a person, them and any of their pets/vehicles became an enemy to you. Once a speederbike was destroyed it was gone and needed to be replaced. However, goons being the jerks that we are would trick people into typing /due and destroy expensive AV-21 Landspeeders, and a goon event destroyed someones jetpack which was worth about 150-200 million in game credits (This was when the game was actually fun and the money was worth something)

-Suicidal Droids of loving Doom
Robot Engineers in SWG could program droids to explode on command. Upon explosion they would do a massive AOE to anything considered enemy within a certain radius. Mouse Bombs did 2.5K damage, and R2 units did 5.5K damage, so if you got hit by a R2 unit, you were going down. I ended up dressing up in a turban and desert looking robe, and would go on a campaign of terror to rebel towns on Tatooine. If I found any red rebel players inside a building I could not access, I would be able to send my droid in to do my dirty work.

-Blaster Launcher duels on Coronet
Coronet was the capital city of Coreilla, and was a huge player hangout. You would find over 200 people sitting outside the space port on any given day, and because of this Coronet was a lagfest and drain on most people's computers. There was a weapon commandos could use called a Blaster Launcher which was pretty much a small pistol that made a huge explosion animation. In SWG if you equipped a weapon you weren't certified on, you would do no damage with it. <GOON> members would equip them and duel each other outside of Coronet and watch the pubbie tears flow as the explosions got so bad it would cause people to crash.

World of Warcraft
-Mark of Shame
Mark of Shame was a Horde debuff from a level 30's quest that you got if you answered a lore question wrong. It made every Horde NPC red to you, that you could not interact with them for 1 hour, but you could also attack them. At level 60 you could do the quest and get the debuff. When I learned how to do this, I ended up doing alot of fun things including:

-Killing the org flightmaster when a dragon was up pissing off a bunch of guilds including EJ
-Training the Auction House Goblins to Thrall's throneroom and getting them stuck for 20 minutes
-Killing Kaja on a daily basis, the NPC that everyone goes to when they hearth back to Org to sell/repair
-Training the NPC that you turn Onyxia's head into to the WSG area, when a guild was going to turn it for the buff
-Doing the same when my guild was going to turn it in for the buff before a BWL raid
-Attempted to kill thrall while my entire guild remained green and could keep me healed, however the attempt failed because pubbies would run by and heal thrall. (I had the motherfucker down to 49% health too)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread