Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Everquest was petty rife with griefing for a while. I know I intentionally ran some trains into groups of opposing guildies who were camping something we wanted. When you were a monk, it was pretty drat easy to do. It was highly encouraged by guildmates at the time, but in retrospect I realize I probably cost them several hours worth of exp loss and a corpse run and maybe ruined their nights!

Of course the major stories of the time were when you would consent for someone to drag your corpse to safety, and instead they'd delete all your hard won loot. I was never a mean enough rear end in a top hat to pull that one but a surprisingly large number of EQ players did it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

The Remote Viewer posted:

I have fond memories of griefing AkAnon in Everquest back in the day. You see, there was a 1 handed blunt weapon you could get from a quest there that was WAY overpowered. I think you only needed to be level 5 to kill the quest mob. The balancing factor was the fact that it was a blunt weapon and would throw your skills out of whack since warriors never use blunt weapons later on.

It was called the Bullrusher right? I camped that poo poo for days, I was the pimpinest halfling warrior ever with it for a while.

EQ also had collision detection so if you played a large race like a troll or ogre you could block entrances to zones. I once drove about 50 people insane blocking the entrance to Guk with my grotesquely dancing ogre Shadowknight, who was dressed in alternating red and yellow platemail. I think they even ran a few trains at me to try to dislodge me to no avail.

I also used to be that one monk rear end in a top hat who ruined everyone's day in Blackburrow over and over again. I was a master of training Gnolls in that zone, feigning, and making crazy jumps that forced trains to path through the whole level to get to me, obliterating everything in their path.

In the Velious expansion there was a crystal mine zone that was a big vertical shaft surrounded by a spiral staircase. As a monk I would agro enemies at the top, jump down to the bottom and take no damage thanks to safe fall, and cause the train from hell to come rolling down the mine annihilating everyone.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

sNacKp!pE posted:

He finally pays me after a few more weeks but I petitioned him anyways. I don't know if he got banned but he hasn't logged on in a long time.

:byewhore:

HAHAHAHAHA

Edit: That reminds me of loving with bots in WoW. Sometimes you could trick them into helping you kill poo poo, but most of the time it was more satisfying to get them killed.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

Sigmund Fraud posted:

Mages love to create city portals in battleground games near the gate, and people will often accidentally click them, causing them to leave the arena and be locked out from a new match for 15 minutes. This was a bit more effective back when the wizard summon graphic looked like this, but it still works every now and then.

Here's the best video ever of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n52v0bVpWis

• Locked thread