Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

dsage posted:

A bunch of Griefs by Shawn Elliott of GFW. He is the king.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_UZ1jSXaF-Y
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6qJ2e_ED56U
http://youtube.com/watch?v=TXuitQ_nY-E

I love how he was upset that Age of Conen didn't have more bridge areas so he could set up a toll booth and require newbie players to take off their loin cloths to get by.

Stick Figure Mafia fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Jun 29, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

This is too much fun

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Opius posted:

This is my new favourite thing to do in TF2.

I've always been creeped out by those players who've spent the last 10 hours on a server as a sniper. They never switch class, they never say anything. They just quietly stand there sniping away. You can never get a response out of them.

Doing this finally got a response out of them. I found some instaspawn 2fort server and set it up just like this. Then I ran to the exit to start taunting. Before I could even get down there though someone used the teleporter and I hear this angry scream over the mic. There was something terrifying about hearing a scream from some asperger who spent the last 10 hours being perfectly quiet. He'd run upstairs, get teleported downstairs, and scream.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Drox posted:

No, not really.

You don't understand. There is no way anyone can be such a huge tool and be so dumb at the same time. He is in fact griefing the thread with his stupid aimbot stories. To him I say bravo on creating such an unlikable and douchey persona! You truly are king grief.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

I wanna get a piece of this spider action. I'm in as Pepito Haystack.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Bubba Ho-Tep posted:

People on SL do not like it when a talking ham plays "Pokemon cards" with them, i.e. trapping them in pokeballs and spamming "GOTTA CATCH'EM ALL GOTTA CATCH'EM ALL!"

We followed some furries around for a while calling them "the worst pokemon we'd ever seen" and trying to catch them in pokeballs (type pokemon into search). Furries do not like being called pokemon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Giganticus posted:

Essentially, L4D has a messy physics system. It's designed so that physics objects can hurled or knocked towards the survivor by a tank, which pretty much always incapacitates them. Hitting people with a forklift truck tends to hurt, after all.

But it's a bit glitchy. One such bug was the ability to make your opponents fall through elevators by throwing physics objects at them. This meant that I and a few of my friends spent the first half of No Mercy 4 - a map with an elevator that goes up 24 floors or so - looking for an Oxygen tank or Grenades to throw at our pubbie teammates. Telling them knock knock jokes with the punchline being an oxygen tank in the face was a particular favourite. One of my videos of it here, unfortunately without a joke (not a great vid tbh). This eventually got boring and of course popular and then fixed by valve.

Here's my new favorite: only a slight movement is required to incapacitate someone with a physics object. A tank punching a car blocking a door frame might not notably move it but it might move slightly forward an inch or so, and any stupid survivor standing behind it will receive a slight tap that will cripple and knock them to the floor. So...

On No Mercy 3 there is a shootable Gas Station, shooting it makes a large explosion that blows the entire building apart, and kills anything near it. This has it's own griefing possibilities (see a teammate by the Gas Station, you know what to do). But, in this section of the level is a button you have to press to raise an elevator required to get to the next area; this button however summons a horde of zombies. Inside a garage nearby, there is a single parked car that moves about half a foot to the side from the blast wave although survivors themselves are unharmed by the actual explosion at this range. The garage itself is fairly secluded, which makes the grief more believable to the pubbies.

Convince a team of pubbies that the best place to make your stand against the horde is upon the roof of this car. Tell them you're going to go press the lift button and that you'll be back soon. Jump off, run out of garage, shoot gas station, kill your entire team. Or alternatively in Versus stay on the car and shoot out the window to prematurely end the round. Like this.

I just did this and it works perfectly. Everyone was running over to the door to do the glitch. I yelled "that doesn't work anymore, but I know another glitch" and I told them how infected couldn't get on the car. We go boomed but I could still make out the gas station and blew it up. So yeah, thats pretty much my new favorite grief.

• Locked thread