Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ylide
Dec 25, 2004
Was it for this, my life, I sought? Maybe so, maybe not.

F201 posted:

"pubbie" means "not a goon"

You're either with us or against us! No, really, public pickup groups in any game be it MMO or otherwise seem to suck. Goons tend to stick together and will at least finish out a group/map/whatever, even if they can be social retards at times.

Back on topic,

UO was the best game ever for griefing, especially if you played a thief or were just a huge looter. I had a blast playing that game and it's sad that no game will ever be like it again. The best grief opportunities came when they revised tinkering so that GM tinkered explosion traps would kill most characters immediately.

My friends and I used to lurk on the road east of Britain, stealing, mugging, and PKing, and when the trap changes went live, we made a loving fortune taking advantage of other players greed and curiousity. We would drop a chest (filled with hides or something so they couldn't walk away with it) and wait for some rear end in a top hat to run up and open it. One big boom later, we were divying up their possessions. After about 4 hours of this, a huge posse formed at the Brit bank and came to chase us away. We left a bunch of trapped chests laying around and half the posse got overwhelmed with greed, blew themselves up, and the mad rush for looting distracted the rest of the greedy, poorly organized horde and we mopped them up. I can't recall ever having that much fun in a video game, ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread