Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KillRoy
Dec 28, 2004
I many not go down in history but I'll go down on you sister.

moomoocowsly posted:

While not as creative as some of the other things posted, in COD4 you can easily block doorways just by standing in them. I try to make sure I stop in a doorway every time I go away from the console for a while.

I think one of my favorite griefing videos is a CS:S video where some guy stands in a vent, preventing this one guy from going through. The vent recording was hilarious.

^^^ Beaten by seconds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillRoy
Dec 28, 2004
I remember back in the day when I played WOW I got(along with everyone else in the area) got griefed pretty well.

I was fairly low leveled, around 20 or so and I was in a small town outside of Stormwind. I think it was called Goldshire or Lakeshire or something like that. Anyway, I was just turning in some quests with some friends when all of the sudden two level 60 Horde players come running through. They don't stop to attack or anything, they just ran right the the town. Of course all of us lowbies got all excited and started to gang up on them, thinking about 15 or 20 of us would able to take them to down. We were working them fairly well when all of the sudden a level 62 Elite Giant Lava Elemental they were kiting shows up and proceeds to destroy every single last one of us with a single shot.

KillRoy
Dec 28, 2004

Jadz posted:

That game used to grief the everloving poo poo out of me.

Day 16
"Attempt to ford the river failed. Sally drowned. You lost three oxen. You lost 23 pounds of food. You lost 42 rounds of ammo. You lost a spare wagon wheel."

Day 24
"Jacob was bitten by a snake. Jacob died."

Day 43
"Timmy has contracted dysintery. Timmy died."

Day 50
"A wagon wheel has broken. You have no spares."

:suicide:

I had a great Oregon Trail grief from when I was in middle school about 40 years ago. For history class once a week we'd go into the computer lab and play Oregon Trail. I got teamed up with this girl named Anny. Anny was a super Type A personality, obsessed with getting 100 percent on everything, ran for student council, ran all the dances, played every sport, etc. etc. She also lived out in the boonies on a farm so she wasn't very good at social interactions. She was super weird and would talk about her 4 H animals all them time. She named them all and they each had a backstory and she loved them all. Most of her sweaters had horses on them.

Anyway she devised a system where one of us would be in charge of the trip every other week. She started and got our wagon ready. She got the perfect amounts of grains, axle covers, blankets, provisions, everything. She named all the people in our wagon team after her family. She had her little brothers and sisters with us and her dad was the Wagon Leader or whatever we had. We started out on our trek and made it pretty far on our first day.

Next week rolls around and I make a pitstop at the first lovely settlement I find, which she freaks out about because it takes us off schedule and we didn't have alot of money. I ignore her, buy 500 rifle rounds and proceed to park in a meadow and shoot every god damned thing with four legs that moved. I think by the end of the class I had personally killed all the buffalo east of St. Louis and west of where the gently caress we were going. We had something like 7000lbs of meat in our wagon. She starts to get super pissy and demands we move on. So we get going. We come across a river we could try and ford or we could go further and try and find a better spot. She says we should dump all of our meat and look for another spot, so I just make them attempt the fording with all our weight. We immediattely sink, killing all our horses, destroying 90% of our provisions, ripping our axles off and kill all her sisters and breaking her parents legs. If I remember right, they both later died of infection.
At this point she loses her poo poo and and starts SCREAMING at me as loud as she can. " You Jerk YOU KILL MY WHOL FAMILY THEY WERE SPECIAL THEY ALL HAD TO MAKE IT OH GOD YOU KILLED OUR HORSES YOU human being". Then she tries to run out of the room and trips over some cables, falls flat on her face and breaks her nose.

We called her Oregon Trail Anny for the rest of the year and she didn't talk to me again until we were sophmores.

KillRoy
Dec 28, 2004

Gianthogweed posted:

Don't really grief much, but I guess this sort of counts.

World of Warcraft:

I didn't do this, but my cousin did. A fairly common Auction House scam. He would find an obscure but worthless item up for auction and that there were very few of. He would buy them all (and spend less than 100 gold), and then put one of them up for auction for 1000 gold. Then with an alt would ask to buy the same item for 2000 gold. People would buy it thinking they could sell it and make a quick 1000 gold profit. But when they were about to sell it to him, he would log out saying that he had to go and he'll buy it later. So now the victim is stuck with a worthless item that he just spent 1000 gold on.

Before a patch made this impossible there was also the backspace scam. In WoW you can trade gold for items with other characters directly, but backspace the last digit right before accepting the trade. So, for example, you offer to buy an item from someone for 1000 gold. The person opens a trade, you put 1000 gold in your side of the trade window. Seeing that you have the money ready, the person selects accept. Right before accepting you backspace the last 0. So you wind up buying the item for 100 gold instead of 1000. It was awesome because often times the hapless victim wouldn't even know they got duped. And when they do find out and say "WTF, you only gave me 100!", you can reply with a sly "You snooze you lose," and hop away laughing. Great griefing trick.

edit:
The backspace scam in action
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaAhE6e8Ne4

This reminds of an old grief a friend of mine did along time ago in Vanilla WOW.This was years ago (pre-TBC) so I'll try and remember as much of it as I can.
Back in the day there was a place called Booty Bay that had a neutral auction house, meaning Horde could sell to Alliance and vice versa. Some people on our server had two accounts so that they could have both a horde and an alliance character on the same server. Since you couldn't mail or trade across factions the only way to get an item from one side to the other was to put it on the Booty Bay AH, log out, log in with your other character and buy it. (I have no idea if you can still do this)
This was a fairly well known thing at the time so a friend and decided to see if we could steal some of their poo poo. See some of the people who did this were lazy/didn't have alot of gold, so they'd put a real cheap buy out price, figuring they would be able to log back on in under a minute and buy their stuff back. What we would do if loiter outside the AH, wait for someone to put something on. If they logged out immeddiately we would run up to the AH and see what they put up. Chances were they had left some sweet poo poo for super low. We'd buy it and stand there. Invariably someone would log back on, go to the AH, see their poo poo was gone and they would have an epic meltdown. They would track us down and absolutely lose their poo poo. Most of the time the gear wasn't great but one time we got some purple staff for about 2g. I think it was worth about 700 or so.
I have some screen shots on my old HD that are just wall after wall of angry, ALL CAPS pink texts.

Some guy: WTF WHERE IS MY poo poo
Us:Hey that was a sweet bargain kthnxby :)
Some guy: YOU MOTHERFUCKING SCAMMER WHERE IS MY INTERNET SWORD OF POWER+5
Us: it's in my bag! Great sale Thnx again QT ;)
Some guy:PUT IT BACK IN THE AH NOW I'M CALLING BLIZZ
Us: But you sold it to us! Great deal thanx Hun luvs XOXO
Some guy :I AM SO ANGRY

serves them right for scamming the system.

KillRoy
Dec 28, 2004
Age of Conan was a fairly lovely game but was awesome for griefing for the first 20 levels or so. We'd roll on a PVP server that let you PK anyone outside of the starting area. There were a couple things we would do.

The ol' bait and switch.

We'd get one of us to roll some generic character and we'd power them up to level 10 or so. Then we'd go down to the Underhalls starting area.We'd send out our little weakling to engage some mobs or just run around looking defenseless. A lot of griefers would unstealth and start to attack him when he was vulnerable. Then 5or 6 of us (all level 20 or so) would also unstealth and proceed to one shot the attempted ganker.

KILLROY CAST MU-MU-MU-MULTIPLY

This one got the best reactions. Me and 4 friends all made the exact same character. Same facial structure, body type, stats, etc. Then we'd name one of them "KillRoy" and the rest would be "KillRoy Multiple 1-3". We'd level up and made sure we had the exact same gear and weapons so we'd be indistinguisable aside from our names. Then I'd go running around the starting area islands looking for would be gankers. Sure enough some would come along and try and gank me. I'd flail around helplessly and almost die then I'd send the ganker a PM saying " KillRoy begins to cast...MU MU MU MULTIPLY!!!" Then all the clones de-stealth around and start to kill the ganker. We got so many messages like " Barbarians don't have that spell what the gently caress" " loving hackers what is this poo poo" "What tree is that this is bullshit" . It was awesome to suddenly see 4 identical clones appear and just tear people apart. We did this to so many people that one of the admins showed and asked us what we were doing. When we explained that we hadn't actually hacked anything and that we were just loving around they'd laugh and go away. It was awesome almost made that 50 bucks I spend on that piece of poo poo game worth it.

KillRoy
Dec 28, 2004
God that TTT stuff is fantastic. Do you need CS:S and GarrysMod to play?

KillRoy
Dec 28, 2004
This one is pretty childish and very :effort: but it was pretty funny. Some friends and I went into random L4D games today and started talking about fake Lost finale spoilers. Sooooo many people flipped out and quit immediattely to avoid being spoiled. Calm down guys, Snape doesn't really kill Hurley.

KillRoy
Dec 28, 2004

Dizz posted:

Not sure if this is griefing but it's funny as poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRAqglOT5Qc

See, why do I never get the funny griefing guys when I play TF2? I just get the angry guys who yell at everyone for not playing their class right.

KillRoy
Dec 28, 2004

Yaos posted:

Do people actually go on to servers so they can stand around and pretend to be virtual citizens in a virtual city block?

I tried out the San Andreas Role Playing server awhile back and there were people there who's idea of fun was role playing a cabby. Just picking people up, driving them around and sperging out when you ran away without paying or beat them to death. Then the people who thought it would be fun to role play police would show up and take you to internet jail. So they would sit around and wait from someone in a GTA game to do something illegal and then fake arrest them.

I was permabanned before I could do anything fun like go on a killing spree, I think their heads would have exploded if I did that.

So yeah, as boring as it sounds, there is some shut in somewhere just dying to open a Garry's Mod T-shirt store and flip their poo poo any time someone slightly deviates from the fantasy in their head and crushes their precious immersion.

KillRoy
Dec 28, 2004

Finch and Chimps posted:

stgggs is a fantastic griefer, usually concentrating his efforts on Prison Break CS servers. For those just tuning in to the thread, Prison Break is an RP game mode where the Ts are prisoners and the CTs are the jailers and the CTs get to tell the Ts what to do and you know what there's no way I can explain it because it's awful.

Here's my fave of his, I think it's been linked before but ehh 143 pages:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtXJNbWEs80
And another good one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TXfvUrGwjM

I have no idea about what's going on in these videos but they are incredibly hilarious.

KillRoy
Dec 28, 2004

Finch and Chimps posted:

Shawn Elliott

Hail to the King, Baby.

His Demonius X grief is beyond fanstastic.

He took audio from Demonius X, a horrible, horrible mantroll.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYMOhn0yldc

Then he plays it over his mic during a TF2 match for hilarious results.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXuitQ_nY-E

He was also head of the Peen Orange guild in Age of Conan, famous for having high level characters stand at key points in the game and force low level characters to give them all the loinclothes they can find.

KillRoy
Dec 28, 2004

phaltron posted:

I played WoW on Kel'Thuzad in the guild <Lemon Party>. Aside from ninja looting raids and disbanding AV at every opportunity along with running lowbies through instances then kicking them at the last boss and looting and all other sorts of faggotry, when B/C came out we would summon people to the top of Nagrand arena and kick them then PK them so they had to spirit res for days on end. Endlessly camping Ring of Blood for hours and hours, ressing only to focus the healer down before we got killed again. If anyone here played on KT back in vanilla, you should recognize this man (if you don't, he was hands down the most famous griefer on the server, doing poo poo like this constantly):

https://www.wowruin.ytmnd.com

In CoD3 (I think) there was no penalty for PKing on some servers, so of course we would just spend an hour in a server PKing the entire match, never killing an enemy but racking up retarded amounts of kills on our own teammates, forcing them to kill us before the enemy, thereby making sure the enemy farmed them for kills as well.

Hahaha holy poo poo I think I was in a party with one your guildmates once who royally hosed us over. It was a really long time ago so I'll try and remember it the best I can. It was some instanced dungeon where you had to swim under water and come up in a pool in the middle of a cave. At the end I think you fight a Hydra or something. A friend and I were running it, trying to get a Corpse Maker axe for his warrior. One of your guildmates joined, and we went almost all the way to the end. Right before the final boss there was a room with 6 or so switches. Each time you clicked a switch a swarm of something would be unleashed and you'd have to fight them off. It wasn't so bad as long as you only did on swarm at a time. As soon as we got to this room your guild mate left the party, hit all 6 switches at once, then stood in the middle of the room and started dancing. I was pissed at the time, but looking back it was pretty funny.

KillRoy
Dec 28, 2004
I was loving around with the L4D DLC today and joined a random VS game with some friends. I got stuck on one team while my two friends were on the other. Two of the people were cool but one of the was the stereotypical armchair master tactician. He would bark orders at us, demand we follow him and would scream at us if he got pounced or incapped. At first we started ignoring him. He would lose his poo poo and start screaming at at us, calling us noob faggots. So I popped out of the game for a second and sent the two cool players on my team a message saying " when we are surivors, d clear the zombies, but don't shoot the special infected."

Then I sent my friends on the other team the message " Calling a truce for next round. If you spawn we won't kill you, just as long as you all gang up on Player1 and leave us alone".

So the next round starts. We clear the infected and move into the large open area in No Mercy 3. Sure enough, a smoker, a charger and a hunter all show up. We start shooting Player 1 to distract him, then let the Charger pounce him. He immediattly starts screaming that he's going to kill us IRL and rape our families. I shoved the charger off so the smoker could drag him across the room. The whole time we sat around, killing any common infected and chillaxing w/ our new Infected Homies. We'd knock them off of him just long enough for him to start running, then we'd let another SI incap him. Finally he was fully incapped and lying on the floor. All 7 of us, survivor and Infected alike formed a circle around him and started jumping up and down to the rhythm of his screams. Then a horde came in and we were forced to fight. We left him on the ground while we advanced across the map, the echoes of his screams uniting us in laughter. To his credit, he did fend off a few hordes with just his pistols. He didn't rage either, we all left in the next map because we didn't want anything to do with him.

KillRoy
Dec 28, 2004

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

When you die in Left 4 Dead Campaign, you respawn in a nearby closet 2-3 minutes later, and if any of your team are still up, they can release you so you'll respawn. You absolutely cannot respawn unless someone opens that closet door to get you out.

It's so much fun to leave the master tacticians trapped in the closet, telling them "I'll send back help" before running off.

I did something like this once. Told a friend that the closet door was locked, and I was going to look for the key. I finally found it, but it was in the safe room.

KillRoy
Dec 28, 2004
Console griefing is so tame compared to PC. I've been playing alot of Halo Reach lately and the poo poo they do is so retarded. Most of the time it will be a party of 3 on a 4v4 game. They will all start team killing you, giving you the option of booting them. If you don't boot them, they keep killing you, if you boot them it turns into a 4v1 game.

The only real fun thing to do is gently caress with people trying to finish daily challenges. There was one the other day for getting a certain amount of revenge kills(killing someone who has killed you before someone else kills them). We would kill someone, then immeddiattely kill ourselves to deny them their sweet revenge.

KillRoy
Dec 28, 2004

fleet21 posted:

I've never played MW2 and I don't know a thing about it. (It's not quite my thing.) How did he get a nuke so fast? Does everybody have them to start with or is it an exploit of some kind?

It looks like some kind of hack or glitch; You have to get 25 kills in a row without dying in order to get a nuke, and he gets one in 2 seconds. It's probably some sort of modded server or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillRoy
Dec 28, 2004

RandomFerret posted:

You can grief with a blue shell in Mario Kart.

I was good at Mario Kart. Really good. People complain sometimes that there's too much randomness in the game. They say that all it takes is a lucky item pickup to win any race, that skill doesn't count. They're wrong, skill always counts. And I had the skill. A friend of mine used to think Mario Kart was about luck, too. He scoffed when I claimed to be good at a game he thought was akin to 'driving for a while and then rolling some dice to pick the winner' so I invited him to prove it.

Mario Kart has a lot of powerful items, that part is true. Take the red shell, for example. Ever since the first game the red shell has been getting more and more powerful, to the point that it can now hit a target half a lap ahead. That's a big advantage. The fake item block, on the other hand, has been getting worse and worse. It started off as a subtle trap, virtually indistinguishable from the real thing. Now it glows bright red and you'd have to be blind to drive into it. If you drop it at the right time, though, you can hit the red shell that's coming up behind you. Skill counts.

After a few rounds, he lost his cocky attitude and started getting angry. Curse words were thrown around, accusations of cheating, constant complaints about the quality of the items he was getting. See, there's a system in place that determines how powerful an item you get. Strong ones like bullet bills and blue shells only come to people in last place, while the first-place driver tends to see a lot of banana peels. By getting up to second place, he was constantly depriving himself of the chance to get the better items.

The last race we ran before he got fed up with my bullshit, I hung back at the starting line, let myself get to last place. I stayed there until I hit the item boxes. Blue shell. Now, when the race starts everybody's clumped together, so it's not too hard to get back to the front of the pack. This was still the toughest race I'd run, though. By holding onto that shell, I wasn't able to drag a banana behind me to block shots, so I lost the lead a couple of times. It was pretty neck-and-neck between the two of us, and coming to the end of the last lap, he was ahead. The trash talking came back out in the final stretch, this was it, he'd finally managed to beat me. I pulled back just enough to clear the blast radius and fired the shell. When it hit he was inches from the finish line.

I drove past him backwards.
The best Mario Kart memory I have is from 64. We doing 4 player race on Wario's Stadium. Someone nailed me with a red shell while I going over the bumps and ended up in almost almost last place. I was steaming along and somehow got a lightning bolt. I held onto it until all the other racers were halway up that giant ramp. They all spin out, and none of them could get enough momentum to make it over the jump and they all fell down way back onto the course. The ones that tried to stay back and wait until they were bigger to make the jump got flattened by me while I gleefuly flew bast them.

• Locked thread