Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrPeanut
Mar 11, 2005

My word!

Verviticus posted:

Diablo 2

Haha, your story brought up some good times I used to have in early Diablo 2 Battle.net. I had a similar scam, then pop their corpses deal, but mine was a little different.

I would make a game called "Free duped SOJZ" that had only 3 slots. These would include me, the soon to be scammed, and my fake satisfied customer.

First, my accomplice and I would wait until someone entered the room. Whenever someone did, we would pretend like we were midway through the duping process. He would go through the motions I had set up, pick up his body and go OMFG SOJZ NO WAY DUDE IT TOTALLY WORKS WOW SWEET, then run to the stash to put away all his new poo poo. Then the new guy would be like wow... so it works... SOJZ PLZ

Then, the duping process began. I had the whole thing worked out, and kept it consistent so that I could do it to my accomplice and make the customer feel all warm and gooey. The process, IIRC, went:

1. Drop items into stash, Kill customer
2. Drop a Super healing potion on the body (to become the duped SoJ or some bullshit)
3. Run my magical SoJ making program (basically me saying "brb loading program")
4. Have customer put on his items, and pick up the potion then his body

3.5 Kill customer then loot his poo poo :ninja:

This worked because any items on your current character would drop to the ground if you already had a body.

The best part was running out of the room with your friend and divvying up the booty. The whole time you would sit in the room, exchanging items, and laugh at all the hilarious poo poo over whispers we would get. 9/10 would be "OMG I'm reporting you to blizzard fagggggasdfasdf!!!" and my response would be "ya, let them know how you tried to dupe some sojz, and I'm sure they'll care". The best were the ones where I was going to get my rear end kicked IRL because they found my IP.

You'd be surprised how many retards would fall for this poo poo. I know because thats how I learned about it :c00l:

MrPeanut fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jun 27, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread