Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

EVE Online is pretty much made for griefers. With a little patience, you could infiltrate any corporation with an alt. Depending on how trusting the corp was or how long you played with them, you could do almost anything to them. This meant anything from simple information gathering to stealing or destroying billions of isk worth of equipment, representing hundreds or even thousands of hours of played time. With a little well-placed sabatoge you could shift the balance of an entire war.

The best part was this was completely allowed within the game's rules. It was almost encouraged, really.

Edit:

The Pain posted:

The other is the good old fashioned "Mind control off a cliff / at 3% of their health during a duel and make them aggro a mob. Doing either of these makes them take durability (Their armor is damaged) and is funny as hell to me. Sometimes all you have to do is sit and watched a flagged Horde and they will freak out at your presence so much they aggro too many mobs or forget to heal themselves and get beaten to death.

I've spent hours at a time just running around Blackrock Mountain MCing people into the lava. Sometimes when I'd be waiting on zeppelin towers I'd duel people and then make them jump off just as the zeppelin starts to pull away. A couple times I'd go into an Alliance lowbie area and MC a mob some level 10 was fighting. They hit the mob, they flag for PvP, I one-shot them. They've since fixed that particular exploit.

Peepers fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Jun 27, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Orfeo posted:

I think this is what you're talking about. The Great Scam?

http://www.wirm.net/nightfreeze/part1.html

I think someone at some point came out and stated they wrote this as fiction, which I believe because it doesn't really provide an accurate account of how the game works anyway.

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Whenever you get around to doing this spider stuff, you must get a video of it.

• Locked thread