Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emron
Aug 2, 2005

ShawnWilkesBooth posted:

You know, you can't have "pubbies" in an MMO. There's no equivalent to CAL.

Goons have a tendency to call anyone who isn't a goon a pubby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Sworder posted:

It's not much, but on the free MMO "Perfect World" only one player can interact with an object at a time. There's a quest where you need to get to the top of a castle gate, open a chest, and return to the quest giver within 5 minutes, or restart. The chest takes about 10 seconds to open.

I spent about an hour there, getting the "open chest meter" to 90%, then cancelling and quickly re-clicking it, so no one else could get to it. There were probably 30 people up there yelling at me in all kinds of languages, before a GM appeared, yelled at me in Malaysian, then teleported me to the bottom of the ocean on the other side of the world.

You spent an hour clicking your mouse once every 10 seconds 360 times with concentration on timing and finesse??? Good show, goon. Make teh pubby tears flow >:]

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Heh I'm Totally Wasting These Guys' Time

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Zenodice posted:

Holy poo poo, the idiots in that vent would make me kill myself if I had to listen to them for any extended period of time.

I cannot stand idiots that talk like that, they have no place being on the internet, it's so absurdly out of place, much less the fact that the vast majority are white middle class suburbanite 20 something males.

I blame consoles for the influx of these idiots personally.

"Yo I'm straight gangsta yo, i'm gonna go home and talk to my niggas on vent yo, word.... shiiiiiii I be all up in these internets and throwin' down with random niggas in vent yo, represent or I tear you in half cuzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

God I despise rap culture so much... SO much.

I don't care if you like the music, I really don't, but I cannot respect and refuse to communicate with morons who speak like that.

** Edit ** Upon further inspection, your post about griefing just raged my poo poo hard, I feel like Xzibit should be in here so we can fully appreciate the meta of putting grief in my grief thread so I can rage while I rage.

How badly did you want to use the word "friend of the family" in this on a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being the least 10 being the most

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

https://journals.tdl.org/jvwr/article/view/348/421

Found this interesting. Some of you characters may help a PhD student get tenure by griefing Second Life.

"goon culture"? Really?

This is rich. Hey guys, we're not just loving with overweight shut-ins when we TK them in L4D. We're part of a "cultural phenomenon".

I'm really embarrassed for this guy

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

icantfindaname posted:

My best moment in Red Dead Redemption was when these two guys were holed up in the fort with the cannons in mexico (forget the name) doing the bounty achievement, and I snuck in past them and hordes of mexican soldiers, climbed up the tower, and shot them both in the back of the head right before they got the achievement. I even aimed at them for like 30 seconds to give them a fair chance to turn around, but they didnt.

Mexican army won't shoot you unless you shoot them so you didn't really have that much sneaking to you.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

QwertySanchez posted:

For the record, what he's describing here is being killed like 5 times in a row without killing the opponent, then getting a critical hit (the game randomly makes you do triple damage, enough to one-shot most anything) by chance and killing the guy that had been killing him. Then logging off. Pure ownage.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

QwertySanchez posted:

I was going to let all the comments about it slide but whatever.

there were several guys, they were killing everyone trying to get to the second part of the map with all the goofy minigames. I got fed up and stayed back in the first area, generally being a nuisance and slowly pushing them back to the spawns. One of them started causing trouble in the minigame area, I went in there and killed him until he behaved. then went back to the first area, killed the other guy who was now alone with a random crit, and then I left.

Something Awful Forums: Goon 1 posts poo poo, Goons 2-7 poo poo post.

A Truly Epic Grief indeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

You don't actually have to fight anything on invisible platforms unless you are a jerk that attacks everything! The game's real fun, y'all.

• Locked thread