Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LlamaGod
Sep 15, 2005
Mine is similar to the Diablo portal one in the OP.

In Diablo 2 there is a Hardcore Mode. The way it works is you make a character and when you die, that character is gone forever. No coming back period.

What I used to do all the time was join a game with a few lower level people in it and party up. I'd then go down to say, the catacombs (the last part of the first area) and lure tons of monsters around my town portal.

Then I would see who one of the lower level characters is in the game and say something along the lines of "Hey (target's name), theres a good item for your character in my town portal that just dropped. Come and grab it if you want it"

They always came. They almost never escaped.

I had a lot of people pissed off at me for short periods of time, needless to say. I got my laughs out of it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread