Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I remember there used to be a server with no rules on Battlefield Vietnam that I went to frequently just to see all the crazy hijinks that could happen. I can't seem to find one anymore though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

What I used to do is tame in comparison. I had all my fun on Battlefield 1942, because I still to this day think its pretty impossible for me to play seriously since the core gameplay is so lovely (they fixed it in BF2, in my opinion). The trick was to try to make the griefing entirely like an accident and to do it to different people so they wouldnt catch on.

One thing I would do is get a car or something and drive across an airfield right when a plane was taking off. Sometimes the game would just give no credit for the kill, other times it would say that the pilot teamkilled you, then you simply apologize for trying to cross the airfield while he was taking off.

Another thing to do was to be the tailgunner in a plane and if you aim at the lowest point towards the tail, you can hit your own plane, so wait til the pilot gets up in the air, then let him fly around some, and then turn the tail into swiss cheese killing you both, then you can say it was an accident once again.

You can load people up in a jeep and drive pretty crazy and since the physics were so wonky, you can drive off of a hill and explode instantly upon landing, killing everyone inside.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Yeah, I think ill jump back into Second Life now that I have a bigger Hard Drive.

Speaking of that, I used to be a jerk in The Sims Online. I would walk into people's houses and go lay on their sofa's and was just a mean person overall. I can't believe that I played that game solidly for a month. It was dull, really dull.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

The flare thing will probably be patched any day now.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Daltos posted:

Actually I agree with you. Griefing has always been, to me, a way to use superior knowledge and being much more clever than your target. You have to really gently caress them over and screw them out of a ton of work, which is why its so much better to grief in MMORPGs rather than FPS.

These flare guns aren't that creative, they don't take that much skill to use, and its not that big of a deal. If someone did it to me I'd just log off or go to a different server.

I agree. The flare gun thing reeks of "me too" syndrome, but I think griefing in FPS games is much better than MMORPGs, probably since I dont play too many of them, but I like the creativeness of some of them.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

king of no pants posted:

Yep, I'm new to this whole "Don't be a dumbass on the internet" deal.

Seriously, just play on another server.

Also, its a lesson to all the people thinking about Second Life griefing. I remember the topics and the first thing they ever said in the OP was to not be a dick, since that will get you banned pretty fast.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

cat scratch appeaser posted:

Also the booby traps in BF:V were proof that there are griefers in the developers.

This is the only reason to play as the Viet Cong ever in that game.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Detroit_Dogg posted:

This thread needs more Battlefield Vietnam love.

Nothing quite like filling up a transport copter, fill it up with people, turn on Ride of the Valkyries and . . . immediately try to do a backflip and end up killing everyone aboard.

Well, I have BFV installed if you want to engage in some more antics.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Machismo posted:

You guys got credit for farting around in Second Life? WTF?

Anyway. does she have any idea what kind of poo poo people do in SL? It is insane that flying around or headbutting people will get you banned. I've done far worse to people. Hell people have items that can allow them to rape you (I suppose it will ask first since all animations do that). Crazy loving place.

My boss who is a librarian actually took a class on Second Life, and there are actually librarians that provide help through Second Life. Its crazy. But I imagine that most of them don't venture into the "mature" areas.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

I actually thought that CoD4 video was pretty funny considering that he just stayed in the same spot and got tons of kills, it really shows how wide open the maps are.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

MrDutch posted:

I been at the w-hat place of the goons a few times, nobody is there.

I did find a cool spot where we could hang out and plan for some fun, i havent got a place of my own, so why not just crash at someone's elses place?

I found a nice house, which is HUGE btw, where the owners are lying in bed, saying there busy, i guess there afk, and let there avatars sleep together, yeah SL is weird.

They do have a security system but it is broken, it wont kick you off the premisis, just gives you a message that you need to be gone in 30 seconds, but no further action is taken.

Thats the place from the outside.

And that is the inside near the door where the owners are sleeping.

Would be fun to hang out there with a dozen goons, and when the owner comes back to his lovely 1 bedroom appartment, and relieved he can get back to his second life with beautifull wife and house, where he is succesfull.

And then after logging in finds a dozen goons making GBS threads all over him in his bed and crapping the rest of the house to hell.

Anyway here are the name and the cooirdinates:

el rio de fairchang
241 142 10
fairchang triton

Dont know if that helps, you can also message me ingame for a landmark.

How about a time? Say 8 pm GMT? Thats 4 hours from this post.

Let me know if your interested.

MrDutch Dezno (ingame name).

I can't make it, but ill add you in-game. My name is black doughboy.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

My browser crashed when i switched to fullscreen, so i just said screw it.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

I don't think this is really griefing but drat it had to have been annoying for the other team.

Me and my buddy were playing Gears of War online in Annex, and I really like using the chainsaw, even if it does get me killed alot, so we start playing the game and I start chainsawing people. Eventually my friend joins in and he starts doing it too. The rest of our team member catch on and start chainsawing until eventually all of our team's kills are chainsaw kills. I ended up with 21 chainsaw kills that match.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Muddy_Funster posted:

I wish to get into second life to make other people's life a misery. Is there any good webpage/thread/forum/irc channel i can learn about second life?

OHGAWD what am i doing . . .

While Second Life is rife for griefing people, you really can't do that much. Most people won't care, or they will kick you at the first sign of being a douchebag

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Dirp posted:

I reinstalled BF2 today just do to some ghostriding car kills only to find out they give you a negative score now, and you get kicked outta every server if you do it like 3 times. This sucks.

You can still be creative with griefing. Just jump in the way of friendly vehicles and let yourself get run over. Run blindly into Artillery fire, etc.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

mutata posted:

Anyone have any good CS griefing ideas that wont get me banned too fast or at least wont trip some random auto-ban scripts? I was trying to do the thing where you follow a teamate around until you see an enemy when you start shooting them instead of the enemy and blaming it on them stepping in front of you, but there was a couple admins actually playing.

Mindlessly killing the hostages gets you auto-banned so fast...

Flashbanging is always fun. You have to do it in a way to where it doesnt look like its intentional, and you can't do it every round, but if youre smart, you can go to a combat area and try to throw one through the door and miss on purpose and flash your team.

You can hug people's rear end and get in the way, that way people just think youre loving retarded and not a griefer.

TKing won't go unnoticed for long. Also, throwing smokes into high combat areas is also fun. Smoking snipers won't get you kicked the first few times you do it. The idea is to make it seem like you're a loving idiot, and not a griefer, so mix it up a little.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

I just griefed my team on Team Sneaking in Metal Gear Online. The other team was stomping us anyways and I had died. So when you die, you can sometimes respawn as a ghost which the opposite team can see. So I located all of my teammates and I tried to get the attention of the team and then I led them to every single one of my teammates and let them kill them.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

The REAL Gtab Fan posted:

I dunno judging by you guys caring enough to post I'd say it was griefing.

I think its griefing too. Even if it is the other team, you usually kill the person sniping, not continually drop smokes on his head while he is trying to snipe.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Charles Martel posted:

:words:

That is hilariously awesome, and I wish I could have been around to see it happen.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

I wish people would post some of their SS13 exploits to youtube :(

I am always confused as hell when I try to play.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

TwingeCrag posted:

SS13 isn't really that fun to look at, a lot of the gameplay is in the sidebar with the text and information.

it sure beats having nothing.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Code Jockey posted:

Gamers are so god damned weird.

Although when I think about it, for some reason, I tend to find myself mostly playing female characters in fighting games, I wonder what that says about me? I have no idea why.

I have a thing for chun-li's treetrunk thighs don't judge me

I like to play as women many times because they are often faster and more stealthier than their male counterparts and I think I like that playstyle more.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

I just pulled a Burke from Aliens in The Killing Floor. In the game you are able to weld doors shut and if a teammate wants to get through, they have to unweld it, which goes much faster than welding it shut. So I'm playing on a normal difficulty server (which is still pretty hard) and I'm fighting with my teammates in a room. Then I notice a room behind us and I walk in the room (which has no other entrances) and shut the door and then weld it shut. I can hear my teammates fighting the horde outside and see them losing health, and eventually they all die and get mad at me for welding them out of the room.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

IShallRiseAgain posted:

speaking of halo 3, its fun to let someone hijack the gunner seat for a vehicle and just drive him around and letting him kill your teammates.

Or you can passively grief and get on the gunner seat of the other team's mongoose and just go along for the ride. Sometimes they actually play along and drive me around, other times they get off and kill me.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Code Jockey posted:

I've been spending the last week or two griefing TFC and CS:S in the evenings, and... it's harder than it should be, drat it!

With TFC, it seems the easiest way is to go combat medic. When you rush ahead of everyone enough times, especially when 10-12 people are hammering the MEDIC! button, it doesn't take too many rounds before someone starts screaming "WOULD YOU loving START HEALING YOUR TEAM PLEASE"

It's just a matter of switching between servers until you find some guy barking orders via voice chat. Once I find a server where one or two guys are almost constantly talking about "strategy" over the mics, then I know I've hit gold.

Also, as a medic, only healing other medics (and no one else) because of "professional courtesy" or "union rules" is fun. :D

As for CS:S, all I really know is teamflashing and managing to not get killed till the end of the round and wandering off as the last survivor of my team. Using hostages as meatshields in cs_office is fun on servers where the CTs HAVE to save all of them or else the CTs get killed at the end of round [yes, there are servers like this]

Are there any other good medic griefs that people will actually notice? Usually it takes 10-15 minutes before they see me NOT BEING A TEAM PLAYER

Just go for the simple tactic of getting in their way while they are fighting and then when they get mad, tell them that you are only doing your job and healing them.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

An orbital strike is basically a bomb that certain people can drop that have earned command points and achieved the command rank of 5 by leading squads and stuff. It causes a massive explosion at the point of impact and its intended for the enemy, but its even better at your own base since people aren't expecting it, and typically there are tons of people at the vehicle pad waiting for their turn in line to get a vehicle. This means lots of people dead, and mad.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

SynthOrange posted:

Oh I kind of agree. The janitor is pretty much a job purely for griefing everyone else, as there's no real purpose to it (apart from cleaning up evidence of crimes), and it just leads to people slipping and knocking themselves unconscious. And you have to scamper off before they regain consciousness and beat you to death.

Rob the janitor is now my hero and I want to aspire to be just like him in SS13.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

What is so weird about second life is that people actually use it for business reasons. One of my co-workers who is a librarian actually "attended" a library seminar within the confines of the game where they discussed being a librarian in an online social setting.

I also know that some goons griefed the John Edwards campaign office in second life by relating him to the psychic Jon Edwards. But for the most part, most of these people probably don't realize that all of this furry sex is occurring.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Xander77 posted:

This, pretty much.

Go to any game. You know what, go to an off-line game, just to make things more real. A neighbourhood football game or something. Play the same way you would play if winning was all the mattered - tackle people, don't be afraid to injure them, mess with them in every way you can. Very soon you won't be invited to any other games. IRL, you can't join games you're not invited to, unlike certain on-line games. But the essential process is the same - you're being a dick to people. Having fun in a way that stops everyone else from having fun, while accomplishing nothing whatsoever except the above.

Barudak, did he ever expalin what sort of "exploration of rule-society interaction" he was going for beyond "if you behave like a dick, people will hate you"?

Actually, this sounds more like when players play fighting games. Constantly spamming fireballs is considered cheap and boring by many, but its perfectly within the rules of the game. Take SF4 for example, you can spam fireballs with Ryu all day and if it works and helps you win, then you should do it, despite the other player's complaining. After all, it is in the game. I think whats most telling is that people begin to harass him OUTSIDE the game. If you were playing a pickup game, the most people will probably do is not invite you anymore. They most certainly won't mail you a letter calling you a fag.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

rino86 posted:

FN3 let you knock people out illegally. The Ball shot KO was awesome.

While it wasn't a online multiplayer game, the original Knockout Kings would let you headbutt the poo poo out of people as long as they initiated the clinch. It was hilarious as hell.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Rogaine Yoshi posted:

Well someone who was trolling would keep the act up SO!...
My guess is that you're a big human being either way.

You've just been forum griefed. That is so loving meta.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

I thought this one was pretty funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN8GpThTjzo

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Hard Clumping posted:

I'm honestly not sure if I was the one to come up with it, it was so long ago and I was most definitely drunk the first time I did it. I could have seen it in a game, or it could have been another goon who gave me the idea. Or I could havejust drunk-drawn a duck and thought it was loving hilarious.

e: Of course if duck drawing wasn't original to me and I just drunk stole it from another goon and forgot about it, I'll gladly give credit where it's due because it's one of my favorite things.

Not sure if it was you, but I remember something about a duck with a top hat and monocle.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Maximum Tomfoolery posted:

edit: I don't actually know who Uncle Phil is so I'm assuming you're talking about the TF2 techno epilepsy video.

He was on the Fresh Prince of Bel Air with Will Smith

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

I guess I was griefed yesterday in Demon's Souls.

There is this guy in Demon's Souls who waits at 1-2 which is the area right when you first get your body back and you start the real game proper. So basically what this guy does is take his level 1 character with really good armor and sword and waits to invade people's games right when they barely start getting into the game. He pretty much one shots you regardless is you are blocking or not. So I joined a game to coop with someone else and he proceeds to kill us. Then I go back and join someone else's game and the very same guy joined this game too which mean that he got his body form back, then ran and killed himself to do it again.

After that, I stopped trying to help people and just played solo.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Well Alien Swarm will be coming out soon, and if its anything like the UT2004 mod, friendly fire is always enabled and some of the people who played that game were always on edge about being as efficient as possible to the point where they would get pissed if you were a newbie that didn't do things the EXACT WAY they want them.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Soulex posted:

Teammates also don't like it when you get on a mongoose and start racing around the map (particularly your spawn so they can see you) making race car noises.

I used to test people in Halo 3 by getting on the mongoose and going behind the enemy and honking my horn to see what people would do. Most often they would kill me, but sometimes they would actually get on and we would go for a ride together.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Its even better when you say something before you even go inside the apartment, because they don't even say anything, they just slam the door in your face.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Soulex posted:

I'm not sure if this counts as a grief (I think it does because it's one of those 'guaranteed wins' that end up not being that way). But the street fighter talk in this thread immediately think about it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7cW2nMf1gk. I'm sure some of you have seen it before. It's got a lot of views, but for those who haven't. Final match in the finals and dude gets robbed much to the amusement and thrill of the audience. I've never heard a crowd get so loud during a match. :ohdear:

I thought this was going to point to that match where one guy was Sagat and on his way to winning after pulling off an Ultra, only for him to not notice it completely whiffing and the other player playing as C.Viper jumping back on the controller and beating him before he noticed.

Here it is:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMHc32ygldk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

I always liked how Dead or Alive 2 on the Dreamcast had such ridiculous damage for counters to the point where it was beneficial to not attack at all.

• Locked thread