Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slovach
Oct 6, 2005
Lennie Fuckin' Briscoe
If there is a game, me and my buddy griefed in it.

In zombie panic, we would find a corner or room to go into. One of us was a zombie and would block the door while the other stood behind. When others walked up, the zombie would play dumb. When the zombie turned around, the human ran away and hid in the room.

Also, door blocking door blocking door blocking.

Then of course there is spawn killing in surf maps in CS:S. I've probably made a few 13 year olds kill themselves by now. Getting kill after kill after kill while the other team tried oh so hard to leave the spawn. If one decided he wouldn't leave, one of us would go around and finish the job.

Bailing out of vehicles in Battlefield to annihilate teammates with no penalty. I would get a helicopter loaded up and then start spinning it. Eventually you could pick up enough speed where if anyone jumped out, they would get clobbered by it and killed instantly. Doing backflips in fully loaded helicopters over water. I would always complete the backflip, but everyone would always bail, every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slovach
Oct 6, 2005
Lennie Fuckin' Briscoe
Cooking grenades in Call of Duty, switching teams, watching as five former teammates blow the gently caress up AND I GET POINTS FOR THE KILLS woo. It made it all the better when someone said something like "nice nade" right after it. This has been possible since the first game, and is still possible in the fourth installment.

In Age of Conan, some dude thought he was cool trying to gank me, and since I was near the graveyard anyway, I payed him a visit after I killed him. Somehow that turned into a half hour long gank-a-thon where I got my buddies in on it too. At one point, and one hundred kills later, we had probably a good five people locked down to the graveyard. After forcing them to take all their armor off, I tried to make them scream something about goons and boners.

As it would turn out, somewhere along the line, a fellow goon found his way into the slaughter and never mentioned anything, and he didn't have the goon guild tag either. Finally he got the sense to say something about being a goon so I tried to invite him to the party but he got angry and stormed off. Shortly after, another goon rolled up, got spunky and tried to attack us for killin his bro or some poo poo and got whooped, then had a mental breakdown in guildchat. Oops.

slovach
Oct 6, 2005
Lennie Fuckin' Briscoe
I think I ended up being banned from that SA GTA roleplaying server like 30 times. Me and my two companions figured out would be the perfect way to mess with some people.

poo poo started out small, like so:

and slamming into people so hard on motorbikes that their drat car flips over, killing them.

Then it somehow turned into stealing bikes from the bikers while they bitched and moaned. Soon this turned into brutally murdering them. Our original gimmick was the "Cereal Killers", so we named our selves poo poo like Ronnie Ricekrispies, etc. As our reputation went down the drain, people would try to kill us on sight and poo poo. Unfortunately for us, when you're kicked or banned, it's usually for what someone said happened rather than what actually happened. Like if someone got spunky and tried to hit us with a car or some poo poo, then got blown the hell up, it was obviously all our fault and we are just killing for no reason (which is against the rules).

Somewhere along the line, poo poo went sour because people are assholes and had to whine to crazed admins... enter first ban wave. Of course this didn't stop our antics, as we all happened to be one router reset away from grief theft auto again.

Our next gimmick was car part names. We were a bit more aggressive this time around, so this is a small glimpse at what happened when we were on.

Us still annoying the poo poo out of the bikers by stealing everything from them.

Notice the police swarming below. They at one point got fed up with driving around below like idiots and sent a helicopter after me, which I rammed and destroyed, which I don't seem to have a picture of, unfortunately.

I'm pretty sure our next ban was when we crashed a funeral for some kid that died or some poo poo. All I have is this picture, but you can catch a glimpse of the hearse in the corner, that is currently off the path because it's being viciously attacked. That officer is indeed running towards me in a valiant attempt to arrest me. I really wish I got a picture of people freaking out after it exploded. This in my opinion, was probably one of the best accomplishments, we had hosed over a major server event and made it out alive.

After some more of our antics and maybe a ban or two, I was struck with a sudden bit of brilliance. When you charged someone for repairing their poo poo or something, I tried to put in a negative amount. This yielded the effect of your money getting subtracted by whatever amount while theirs went up, regardless if you had the money or not. With our enormous (read: infinite) source of wealth that no one could quite figure out, we always had money for anything and everything, including the best possible weapons, further tipping the scales our way.

Of course getting thrown in jail didn't matter since I had figured a way out of it anyway.

The admins and police force clearly fed up with us.

Finally, we decided to roleplay vampires. This went sour and we ended up getting into a huge firefight with some kids that could barely speak English. After killing them numerous times, being the rear end in a top hat I am, I decided to whine to the admins about them breaking some rules. As one would expect, they were swiftly banned... followed by us also getting the ban hammer.

All in all, I wish I got more pictures of our spree. There would have been enough footage to make a full length movie. From carbombing police cruisers that were hauling one of us to jail, to landing / crashing planes in front of the police department. We had blown up 'party busses' filled with small masses of people, and had slain admins in their top secret area that they teleported you to, often to say goodbye. Sending jetliners soaring into crowds of people, starting riots in front of the police department, oh it was glorious indeed.

Tons of drama, tons of fun, tons of what the gently caress. Once or twice, a few idiots got caught cybering somewhere who were probably both dudes IRL and poo poo, which makes it even weirder.

slovach fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Jul 2, 2008

slovach
Oct 6, 2005
Lennie Fuckin' Briscoe

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Terrorizing The Terrorists

There was this game a while back that I've long since forgotten the name of. It was like CS, and I think it was a mod for Unreal Tournament or something. There was a unique gimmick in this game though that not many people knew about. If you threw the hostages a gun, they'd instantly start shooting at any terrorists in sight and then run around the map doing so.

If you were quick enough you could get all of the hostages a gun before they killed you. Thus every few rounds, half the terrorist team would suddenly die as a team of NPC hostages stormed up from behind with guns ablaze. Whoops.

Tactical Ops

and the hostages had loving godly aim too.

slovach
Oct 6, 2005
Lennie Fuckin' Briscoe

Shumagorath posted:

This reminds me of how midway through Diablo 2's lifetime you could type a long string of periods and spaces to drop all the Koreans from your game.

In Phantasy Star Online, if you filled a whole message with i's, you would instantly lock up every single persons console that happened to see your chat bubble... including your own.

slovach
Oct 6, 2005
Lennie Fuckin' Briscoe
Many years ago, when Skype didn't cost anything, me and a buddy resorted to ridiculous prank calls.

Somehow my buddy managed to get the phone number of some kid he played CS with a lot, and decided to call him. It started off just teasing him, playing around... general goofing... then gradually turned into a drunken verbal onslaught.

After just ripping on him mercilessly for a while, the victim manages to stutter out a "S-s-shut up". Of course it only got worse from there, and he ended up hanging up. I can't remember exactly what my buddy said to the other guy, but numerous calls back to him later, he somehow had this guy in tears, straight sobbing into the telephone.

I think this was our first major Skype victory.

---

Another one was when I called some guy that another friend knew. I had some voice changer at the time, so I crafted the blackest, most overdone, fake voice possible. Successfully disguised as a bi-sexual, Jewish black man named 'Jakeise', I gave him a ring.

So I start off by telling him that word has been floating around the local black-jew community that he has been spreading hateful propaganda against our kind. I guess I sounded horrifying to him, because after some of me yelling, he started trying to desperately explain to me that it must have been a misunderstanding. I then branch off into the subject of how I sneak into his house when he's not around to hang out with his girlfriend, and how I was planning to build a gazebo on his roof or some poo poo.

After trying to get him to believe that his girlfriend was seeing me, it was starting to slow down... and I was pretty sure he was catching on, so I dropped the bomb.

"Oh by the way, how's Devon doing?".

His girlfriend had a kid. This is about the part where he poo poo his pants. I could hear him mutter something then slowly hang the phone up.

The next day my buddy got a panicked phone call from him screaming about how a psycho is loving his girlfriend and living in his home while he's out. So my buddy plays it off all cool like he's crazy. Later when he had the chance, he left him a note in his mailbox or some poo poo that said something like "NIGGA, YOU BEST WATCH YO STEP -- JAKIESE"

Apparently he ended up freaking the gently caress out and staying inside for a while, ready to call the police at even the slightest disturbance.

slovach
Oct 6, 2005
Lennie Fuckin' Briscoe

Snowman95 posted:

^^^ Sounds like you being a dick more than griefing?

Well, it's people we knew from games, so I guess it sort of counts.

edit: Maybe. Basically, instead of doing poo poo in game, we took it to the telephone with wonderful results. Certain real world connections only further aided this process.

slovach fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Jul 17, 2008

slovach
Oct 6, 2005
Lennie Fuckin' Briscoe

coyo7e posted:

Doesn't sound much like griefing to me either, just a phone prank by some middle school kids, with a dubiously truthful ending doubtlessly retold all across the cafeteria.

Remember the root reason we grief.. It's not to hurt people's feelings so much as show them the irony of taking games as Serious Business. Even if they don't understand you're showing them the absurdity of their massive investment (and if you don't see yourself caught up in the same web,) you still get a feeling of superiority.

Picking on some kid over the phone is not griefing, is harassment. And while I'm not actually against it, it's not griefing.

Griefing is done in a virtual world, as a way to keep yourself rooted in the real one, or at least pretend to be doing so.

Eh, maybe it was a bit of a stretch, I guess it doesn't so much fall into ruining someones gaming experience as it does their night, heh. I'll try to keep future stories of asshattery more focused on in game exploits.

But when "Jack the Hymen-ripper" joins your CS server and goes on about how he got the most hosed up phone call, then it's something special, in a way.

slovach
Oct 6, 2005
Lennie Fuckin' Briscoe
Ages ago when Call of Duty 2 first launched, there was a horrible bug with the ladder. If two people climbed up it at the same time, both could sort of get stuck together and continue climbing into the sky... as seen here http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9pCuIqd2Y-g

It took a little practice at first, but after some time, me and some buddies seem to have gotten it down pretty well. Call of Duty 2 had the CTF game mode, and since we were all in CAL for CTF, and were basically one of the best teams, running trains with flags for the entire game in public servers was a common occurrence. However, if just being annoying assholes who completely stacked teams and ruined the game by winning with 30 flag caps to 0 wasn't enough, once we figured out the climbing thing, we started holding flags for ransom.

Instead of capping the flag once we arrived back at our stronghold, we'd buddy up and climb off into the sunset, often to the horror of any team mates that happened to be watching. Flags never timed out, so if we happened to crater on top of a building or out of the map, that was pretty much the end of "Capture The Flag".

Of course this would always end up turning into confusion, blame wars, screaming about hacking and poo poo, etc. Public games were boring though, so we'd soon take to doing it in scrims against other teams. MANY people in COD2 took the game horrifyingly serious, it was these kinds of people that would park their rear end in 'the' nuclear fallout deathmatch server for hours (which was basically the most popular DM server in the game) and just berate people for the sheer number of cocks they sucked. Some people in this game took nerdrage / asshat to another level. I remember hearing a story of some dude that almost started a fight in a LAN, then proceeded to steal a bunch all the mousepads that were supposed to be prizes and walk out. :lol:

Needless to say, when the flag vanished in the middle of a match and they started getting blamed by us for abusing flag mechanics or other made up poo poo, people would often snap, then leave in any angry huff. I'm sure it didn't help that most of the kids in CoD2 CAL were 14, either.

Nothing like seeing "GUYS DON'T PLAY WITH THAT TEAM THEY ARE FAGGOTS AND THEY CHEAT THEY SIT ONTOP OF BUILDINGS AND FLAGALSKJDASDA"

Of course, it sounded stupid until the next team got ballsy and tried to play us, only to be faced with people climbing their way into the atmosphere with the flag and others raining down death from invisible ledges 100 feet in the air. Nobody would play us until the game patched this out. :(

---

At one point in time, me and a friend got hooked on the whole RTS thing. Being as cheap as we were, and having a boner for Total Annihilation, we felt right at home in TA-Spring, a free remake of the game engine, complete with new mods, maps and gameplay elements such as drawing dicks.

The game requires a fair lot of micromanagement, but eventually we started getting better at it.

A lot better.

There was this one map called Speed Metal, metal was the main resource of TA, next to energy. Since the level was metal, if you played your cards right you could build VERY quickly. We had it down to such a science, we'd have our first nuclear reactors and poo poo up in like 3 minutes and nukes up in 7. So to avoid just flat out winning, we'd usually turtle the gently caress out of the game and just build and build and build.

Usually later in the game, the other team would finally get a nuke or other super weapon done and try to stroll it into our base looking for an easy victory because they had never been attacked the entire game. Well, when one of the strongest units in the game gets decimated in mere seconds by our sheer number of defenses, then you start to worry about what we had been doing all that while.

This one time, I had built more nuclear silos than ever.

See those things? One is enough to gently caress a base over, let alone that many... and each one of those megazords that I had building at an absolutely ridiculous rate could EASYILY take our a well guarded base in one single go if you didn't have a retarded amount of defenses... they were absurdly strong.

The game had dragged on, so I figured I'd launch all my nukes at the front of their base to scare the poo poo out of them. This is where my own plan backfired for once. Notice my buddies plane flying over at that very moment.

Bye bye our base. :(

Oh well, even their anti-nukes couldn't stop the barrage. I'm sure they were wondering WTF when every single anti-nuke they had tried to launch at the same time.

In the end, the blast ended up being a bit stronger than expected, and instead of scaring them, I vaporized them. Needless to say, we were the undisputed kings of this map, we never lost on it and eventually people would just not play if they saw us there. It wasn't just sheer overpowering we did to them, oh no, we sucked the fun right out of the game.

There we also units that could move other units, however most people didn't have the smarts to build anti-air 5 seconds into the game. Who would? You couldn't really attack with anything deadly... but you didn't need to. These units that could move other ones flew around, and if you were quick, we could often catch both of the other players commanders building, pick them up and then just fly them around.

Of course if that plane went down, the commander would just die instantly, causing a nuclear explosion big enough to eradicate a base. If we just got one player, it was enough to end the game in under a minute. We would fly the captured commander over and wave him in his team mates face, sometimes detonate him, or sometimes go put him in some spot that he couldn't possible get out of and would be stuck there for the rest of the game.

People didn't take kindly to us hijacking their commanders and then forcing them to watch us build the weapons that would win us the game. Especially when it was a real "By the books" kind of kid that we were playing against.

"NO YOU GUYS CANT DO THAT IT'S LAME AND AGAINST THE HONOR COEDASJDJDAKS ASD"

"GUYS DON'T PLAY SO AND SO THEY ARE LAME AND USE HOMO TACTICS"

slovach
Oct 6, 2005
Lennie Fuckin' Briscoe
Cod4 cheating kid can't stop catching grenades
Playing CoD4 at a friends house. Joined a random server and some kid was cheating pretty blatantly in it. This alone was pretty surprising, since usually it's just people bitching, but tonight I came across someone actually cheating.

Such a deed could not go unpunished.

The map changes and I went to work. Seeing as I was on his team and he had a boner for headshotting everyone from a couple thousand miles away, I would just walk next to him throw a grenade straight up and go into spectate. Around the fifteenth time I did this, he finally started to catch on. Doing this not only lets your grenades kill friendlies with no FF on, but you get credit for the kills. I was killing him pretty much right after he spawned every time. In fact, it was going at such a steady pace, that I was the second highest score in the server just from killing him.

Now, this kid cheating his rear end off began to complain that I was cheating. Of course, despite being on his team I dismissed it as merely being on the other team and being really good with grenades. He bought it... until he died another ten times. Around thirty deaths was when he started to become really suspicious. He reconnected to the server and went into spec and I assume he began to watch me. Upon receiving no response in regard to what 'bot' I was using, he decided to try his luck again and join the other team - which is when the cycle began all over again.

He could barely manage a kill with the non stop flood of grenades raining from the heavens upon him at every turn. If he stopped for so much as a second, chances are he was blowing up. Apparently he became so fed up with the fact that I was out-cheating him that he quit after throwing a fit in chat.

SA:MP RP terrorism

Back when the first SA SA:MP roleplaying server went up, we knew right then and there that it would be perfect for being a dick. Well, we were partially right, to be honest. It was perfect for being a dick, in fact, that was basically the entire purpose of the gameplay; who could suck the most fun out of it for others. Being a cop was a free ticket to ignore common rules and abuse powers. Being an admin on the other hand simply meant banning whoever someone complained about, despite whatever happened in actuality.

It all started out as harmless fun.

On the server, there was numerous gangs, one being the bikers. Luckily for them, they were the first we set our eyes on, especially since bikes were not only useful but they were a fairly weak gang. We would routinely steal their bikes, much to their dismay. However, it doesn't simply end there... the stealing became worse and more pronounced. Soon enough we would steal every single bike in their lot and park it elsewhere. Firefights occasionally broke out between us and them... too bad this usually ended up in them getting slaughtered or us simply getting away and coming back for a strike later. This abuse eventually became so bad that I am fairly certain that they all simply just gave up. From there, it was all down hill.

Shortly after this, we began terrorizing the police force and pretty much anyone we could find. We actually tried to keep it within the rules of the server to prevent bannings, but it didn't always work out so well. Weapons were expensive and it was a lot of work to actually make good money... until I discovered the most gamebreaking exploit the server had ever seen... trying to sell someone a weapon for a negative amount of money. Suddenly, money problems were gone and we had an essentially infinite amount of cash to throw around for whatever we wanted. As a result, from that point on, we always had the finest of weapons and gear.

There was a warning system that police used to give you a bounty of sorts. What usually were petty accidents would almost always turn into absurd battles against the man. Not once would any of us submit to the police - it was death or freedom. Of course, this usually ended up in bounties going through the roof and poo poo hitting the fan... not that it mattered much, since if one of us did get caught, the remaining usually came busting in guns blazing on a murderous rampage to free our partners (or just get revenge). A few times I've had absurd chases involving the entire police force attempting to get me out of the air after a horrible string of events involving tons of killing and hijacking of a plane or helicopter. Of course, they could just pack on warnings for the stupidest poo poo possible over and over and put your character so far in debt you can never hope to play them again, so gently caress them anyway.

Over the course of a month or so, our reign of terror became well known - the BONER squad was on the prowl. Nearing the end was some of our finest moments.

A role-laying event where they went to bury a cop was taking place. Needless to say, we would have none of this. We trailed behind the hearse until it pulled into the cemetery.

At first glance, it would appear to be going perfectly. How wrong they were. It was hilariously well guarded, there was a fuckload of people there, including admins, the FBI, the entire police force, etc. Normally, you'd have to be insane to run in there, but this didn't deter us. In we went, against all odds, guns firing, cars crashing - it was total mayhem. Amazingly, fate was on our side that day and we destroyed our target successfully, despite the amazingly skewed odds. The hearse was in flames and nobody could tell exactly who caused it.

Later in the day, they attempted to play off our sabotage by saying they would send the corpse out to sea by dropping it from a plane. We were ready for it. I had hijacked a plane and was circling the runway while my bros gave me the nitty-gritty on exactly what was going on below. It was my final moment of glory, my time to shine. During takeoff, I crashed into the other plane and everyone died in a horrible, fiery wreck.

Nobody knew who did it. (well, I'm sure it was obvious enough).

slovach fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jun 29, 2009

slovach
Oct 6, 2005
Lennie Fuckin' Briscoe

Enjoy Everything posted:

People are just seeing that I swapped to team unassigned, calling it out and kicking me. :smith:

I've just been masking it with something like "oh poo poo kid just got hit by the ice cream truck, brb spec" or something and it seems to be convincing enough.

Can I plant this poo poo in this skybox for GIANT INTELLIGENCE UFO?

I've just been slowly shifting from spot to spot when nobody is looking. I had a bunch of people on an easter egg hunt around the base.

slovach
Oct 6, 2005
Lennie Fuckin' Briscoe

Renwick Customer posted:

I created a new character on second life today, since I don't know how to script/code anything I make do with just being annoying or attempting extremely complex griefs that usually don't work. Since the ban of my old character:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QELYiUeKijc

Holy poo poo.
Hollly poo poo.

So creepy, so drat creepy.

slovach
Oct 6, 2005
Lennie Fuckin' Briscoe
Recently in Minecraft I've been deleting a massive chunk of land below peoples stuff when they are inside / not paying attention. I keep the entirety of their stuff intact, they just came back to a giant crater.

One guy was building some shack ontop of a hill for a while. The trick is to start from the inside and work your way out so they can't tell you're eating away at the foundation. He said he was going to eat dinner or something so I sprung into action. A short time later his house was floating a good 50 feet in the air with the hill it was on missing.

Also hollowing out massive chunks of the underground so if anyone dares to dig 1 space down they'll just fall into a big rear end hole.

slovach
Oct 6, 2005
Lennie Fuckin' Briscoe
TTT is hilarious.

Always use ventrilo or something so if one of your buddies is a traitor or vice versa you can coordinate.

A lot of maps have annoying gimmicks. One of them was that you could turn off every loving light in the entire map in this case. After a couple rounds of playing in the dark, people started to get annoyed... especially at the fact that anyone who dared try turn the lights on was more than likely mowed down in a hail of gunfire from three of us.

Around this time, dumb kid who pays for admin decided to start getting vocal, so he spent the next 20 minutes dead. Hunted at the start, killed instantly. Too bad he was apparently too retarded to know how to make bans work. At one point I mentioned that it sounded like he had aspergers. That poo poo loving hit like a truck.

:downs:: I DON'T HAVE loving ASPERGERS I'M A HIGHLY FUNCTIONING AUTISTIC RGHHEEEEEEEE
Screeching into the mic. I have never quite heard anything like it.

slovach
Oct 6, 2005
Lennie Fuckin' Briscoe

Shumagorath posted:

That's now how hardware works.

Furmark generates an unrealistic amount of heat.
The CPU example would be Intel burn test / Linpack.

Playing a game will not generate nearly as much heat.

slovach
Oct 6, 2005
Lennie Fuckin' Briscoe
SZR SA:MP was hilarious.

It was a role-playing server, and one night some cop died or some poo poo in some stupid event so the obvious thing to do was have a server-wide funeral thing. Needless to say, there was a shitload of people around, and a comical amount of protection to make sure that this wouldn't go up in flames. Both police and admins alike were in on it. Little did everyone know, however, was that my crew and I had set up in the graveyard area and were armed to the loving teeth. The amount of chaos when we opened fire was even more than expected and it quickly turned into a gigantic clusterfuck that was impossible to keep track of. Somehow in the mania I managed to blow up the hearse and escape without a single person knowing who exactly started the whole debacle.

Hilariously, they decided to play this off like nothing ever happened which was only made better by the news faction reporting on it as it went down. Not to be deterred, whoever was in charge decided it was a brilliant idea to say gently caress the hearse and pretend they were using a plane to dump the casket into the ocean or something goofy. Thankfully we were already in on this and I had already hijacked a plane and was circling at a height that was more or less invisible while my comrades below fed me information. Just as their plane began to get up to speed, my own came out of loving nowhere and well... boom. Plane explosions were pretty huge and they blew up numerous times so once again, there was no clear suspect to who was loving with poo poo.

Also I figured out how to get out of jail and create infinite amounts of money out of thin air effectively ridding us of any kind of downtime whatsoever and always ensuring that we had the best possible weaponry.

slovach
Oct 6, 2005
Lennie Fuckin' Briscoe

Sibling of TB posted:

SZR SA:MP? What's that mean?

It was a server for San Andreas multiplayer.

slovach
Oct 6, 2005
Lennie Fuckin' Briscoe

Soulex posted:

Please tell me you frapsed this.

I wish I recorded any of our stuff... that was just scratching the surface of our antics too.

Zombie Panic: Source was pretty fun to gently caress with people too but I guess this could work for any game really.

Get one person on the zombie side and get the other on humans. Find a closet or something for the human to go inside and have the zombie block the door. The zombie insists that he checked the room and nobody is in there while the human jumps around like a maniac behind him.

OK FINE GUYS I'LL CHECK AGAIN gently caress... at which point the human hides and the zombie blocker turns around to see nothing. SEE I TOLD YOU

Also, an amazing glitch in COD was loving incredible for stirring up a shitstorm. I figured it out in COD2 by complete accident and it was still working in COD4 last I checked. It might still work fine in the latest COD 500 but I never checked. All you need to do is be able to bind a key to your shoot button. All you had to do was do something like "\bind mouse1 "say LOL I'M HACKING; +attack" ... And you'd get something like this spammed in chat every single time you shot:

"LOL I'M HACKING 101 0 1283123983981"

What's so great about it though? That last number would magically increment on its own. How could a bind possibly be changing every time you shot?!? Logic says it shouldn't and that's what sent people into a panic. As a fun fact I noticed the number was small after a reboot so I think I eventually figured it out to be your computer uptime in milliseconds or something equally bizarre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slovach
Oct 6, 2005
Lennie Fuckin' Briscoe
L4D is literally unplayable now.

I have this one from a million years ago where somehow this game managed to complete. I ran a server but a mod I had was a ragequit counter, which made people angry on its own.

Most games never even made it to the point where the other team played once.

Basically if your team has the slightest chance of posing the tiniest challenge, chances are the other team will just quit. I've seen people throw fits and leave when their team won the side because it was close. :psyduck: Also [FRENCH / FRANCE] tag was incredibly good at stirring the hive. Just say something about America, anything really, and off it goes.

I'm pretty sure that a good 80% of the games I played in L4D never finished. Some nights we honestly could not play one single game from start to finish. There is no game on the planet where people quit as much, if even the slightest thing goes wrong then chances are it's time to bail in their minds.

• Locked thread