Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
TF2 surf servers are the greatest because both the jail and spawn areas are incredibly easy to camp. I have pics (on my Mac right now :( ) of one team fortifying the jail area in this one surf map with 4-5 sentries and dispenser for pyros to spam the jail spawn. I think all the pyros got around 200 kills per round just sitting in front of the jail and torching any goon unfortunate enough to fall off the map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

ElectricSheep posted:

I've found that CS:S pubbies are really lacking in the humor department.

I've been banned from plenty of servers after loading up HLDJ and playing Eric Cartman's cover of Styx' "Come Sail Away" over the mic channel. On the rare occasion I'll get people that laugh their asses off and start singing along; the rest will move for an immediate voteban. Even if players like it, the song is over five minutes long and I let it run for the entire time so their enjoyment is pretty much shot by the three-minute mark. I remember one time the song only made it through the first twenty opening notes on the piano before somebody groaned "Oh, god" over the mic and I was banned from the server. Getting three or four guys to sing Styx in the middle of cs_office is pretty hilarious, though.

Back when rickrolling was all the rage, I used to pretend like I was having microphone problems and I'd just bought my first headset mic. I'd spend about fifteen or twenty minutes complaining over text about how my brand new mic was a piece of poo poo, gently caress Best Buy, gently caress Logitech, etc etc. I'd get players giving me full-on loving tech support with where I'd need to plug in the mic, how to best adjust the boost, checking the audio properties to make sure everything was set properly, the works. When I finally "fixed" the mic the first thing that came out of it was the dulcet tones of Rick Astley. People will sing along to this, too.

Semi-related but not griefing: One of the most fun times I've ever had in TF2 is when I played Cartman over the mic and after I'd finished, another player busted out some old TV themes and we all started playing Guess That TV Show. The whole game degenerated into a mass of everyone playing music and loving off, and it is now one of the few pubbie servers I've added as a favorite. TF2 players tend to be way more patient when you're breaking their balls, it seems.
reminds me of the time I loaded Obama's "A More Perfect Union" speech up in HLDJ, changed my name to Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL), and played the entire speech for as long as I could in Day of Defeat. The speech is so long that the game often ends before it could finish, but some of the more vitriolic responses were good.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Code Jockey posted:

Oh I definitely agree. It can be quite humorous, though, between the 12 year olds and the internet tough guys in CS:S servers [both of which would be easily gotten rid of with proper testing]. I had someone threatening me with physical violence, totally non-ironically / not jokingly / in a loving creepy fashion, in CS:S the other day, just for team flashing. :laugh: It was accidental the first time, not so much after that reaction.

God I love :golfclap:, I'm glad someone bought it.
someone a while back posted an exploit in entmod .418 or something that let you change the map with impunity. Basically type "changelevel de_dust" with the quotation marks in most servers running that version of the mod changes the level untracably as logs show that the server is the one changing the mod. I was playing on a gungame server populated with wannabe thugs who drat near exploded with fury that their precious game was being hijacked. The best part is that paranoia sets in after a while and admins start randomly kicking/banning people who join the server. If you stay quiet they probably won't be able the get to you though. One time I actually caused the admins on one server to turn on each other and start stripping each other of their admin powers. I guess they forgot to put immunity flags up for everyone :\

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) has run into a little snag. Some admin hosed with his game settings so now HLSS and HLDJ don't work. Is there any other way to fix this other than delete all files and reload?

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Someone cared enough about my Obama gimmick on TF2 to post a video on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG27BLh-1go

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
The best griefing is admin griefing like on this one CS server i was admin on when i was younger. I would log on, and make absurdly nationalistic demands. People with high pings were accused of being foreigners and would get the boot unless they spoke passable American english over a microphone. The GUI buy menu also had the nation of origin for each gun, so I would make an absurd demand over the AMX admin message thing that next round would be '100% American guns only'and if i heard an AK or something I would freak out and start accusing people of being unpatriotic. People who killed me with foreign made guns got a ban.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

GetWellGamers posted:

Admittedly off-topic, but that sounds fscinating and I would like to hear more. Knowing something isn't just jibberish anymore would add a bit of education to my interactions with screaming pubbies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EidmafQLfcI
here you go go nuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Syntax! posted:

I always used that II-99 mod, so pissing people off was really loving easy assuming you just shot pepperballs at their face and then walked into a room full of enemies, forcing them to do the same.
One of the truly epic griefs in that game was abusing the taser.

• Locked thread