Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
With my level 50 Enchanter in DAoC, when I got bored I would venture in to Cothrom Gorge Hy Brasil (Hybernia SI zone) and pull a mob named Marfoirwort to the zone starting city. It was a giant mushroom/plant mob as big as a house. I would have to drag it through a 'crafting' town to get there. When you got this mob far enough away from its spawn it wouldn't path back either and its AI was such it would attack anything around it. It apparently also got stronger the more people it ate :D .

The cries of the crafters as it ate them was hilarious, and it was even funnier when it reached the start of the zone (a 15-20 min kite). I had pictures but I can't find them :( . Camelotvault has some screenshot contest where the reward was beta into ToA - I submitted a shot of Marfoirwort sitting on top of a house surrounded by corpses and won. The next patch they implemented a invisible barrier that Marforwort wont go past so you can't drag him anymore, although it does make it easy to kill him with enchanter and a bot.

If anyone still plays DAoC, you can still drag Marforworts babies, Brenwort, Cronwort, and another I forgot. Their much harder to do though.

(edit - redirected my domain from my deleted hosting account and noticed requests coming in for this, can't find the backups at the moment so no pictures anymore)

Danith fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Aug 18, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
Arrgg.. SL stories make me want to try it again for the millionith time.. it's so confusing figuring out how to make poo poo though :|

I want to make a giant whale costume and walk (swim? float?) around some furry sims

• Locked thread