Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Pain
Jun 26, 2006
Animator In Training
I really just prefer the pompous dick approach to griefing. In Call of Duty 4 I'm good, like really drat good. Getting a pretty decent lead on the score-board never takes very long (think 25-1 in the first 4 minutes when the next highest score is 7-3) so what I've done is learn which players are trying to show off (Clans Clan-stacking, one guy named "The Punisher/James Bond" etc.) and just gently caress with them, this works best with all-talk on. Basically I just beat them in score and start mocking them. If they're on my team I'll TK them and explain it as "Doing what's best for the team". They can't talk poo poo, and when they do I just continue to mock them. Without really any recourse but to either quit the server or shut up they usually choose the latter. Sometimes one of them will pull the "If you weren't team-stacking" or may try and beat my score I switch sides and show them up again.

Sometimes I'll quit a server then rejoin just to reset my score and still beat them before the map ends. You'd be surprised just how pissed off an entire clan of people can get when you shatter all of their prides at the same time.

I also play WoW as a Priest on Moon Guard (considered the best and last True RP server in WoW.) Tactic one is Instant Dance Party.
You'll find people all over MG cybering or having cheesy dramatic sword fights and arguments in the taverns around the world. Well the Piccolo of flaming fire is a trinket that makes everyone in a 5 yard radius start dancing. It's pretty easy to "Drama Bomb" them by jumping into the center of the group/orgy and shouting "DANCE PARTY BITCHES!" as Romeo and Juliet turns into Saturday Night Fever. I've been told to die in a fire far more times then I wish to count.

The other is the good old fashioned "Mind control off a cliff / at 3% of their health during a duel and make them aggro a mob. Doing either of these makes them take durability (Their armor is damaged) and is funny as hell to me. Sometimes all you have to do is sit and watched a flagged Horde and they will freak out at your presence so much they aggro too many mobs or forget to heal themselves and get beaten to death.

Also this http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5768255472406147459
(done before the Roomba people <.<)

The Pain fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jun 27, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pain
Jun 26, 2006
Animator In Training

Mr. Peepers posted:

I've spent hours at a time just running around Blackrock Mountain MCing people into the lava.

Oh god how could I forget the lava. Just sit at the bottom of the chain and wait for the unsuspecting flagged Hordie to make his way down towards MC and "Plunk".

The Pain
Jun 26, 2006
Animator In Training
Oh yes that does remind me. Company of Heroes as Infantry doctrine on US side.
You see boys and girls, mortars don't care if they land on friend or foe, they kill both just as readily. Now Infantry doctrine lets you build Howitzer cannons, and if you don't build ANYTHING else unit-wise you can have about 8 or 9 cannons in a 4-4 match. Your team-mates will throw a bitch-fit when they see their awesome base turned into the Moon in under 3 seconds, and with such a short reload time and all their tanks along the front line, all three can't really do a drat thing about it in time.

This also works if they amass a giant loving blob of tanks and infantry in preparation for a massive rush "Tut Tut, it looks like rain" was the last thing most those poor rangers ever read on all-chat.

There was another exploit (now fixed) Where you couldn't destroy a team-mates sandbags without a tank. Soooo at the start of a map you completely surround your team-mates base with 4 layers thick of sandbags, making it impossible for them to go anywhere, get resources, or fight back.

The demolitions guy in Battlefield 2 was the best griefing class in the entire game. (As per my video showed) Throw a C4 on the back propeller of a black-hawk and wait for it to take off with a full load of people, give it a few second aaaand confetti. This is also a great way to mark your territory. People know that it's YOUR attack helicopter when you throw a C4 on the canopy window when they hop in.

• Locked thread