Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
Still rocking my 2006 DRZ-400SM. It's got about 9k miles on it now and I love it more than the day I bought it. It still finds ways to teach me new things nearly once a month. Absolutely the funnest bike I've owned. My previous bikes were a 2003 Yamaha R6 and a 2002 Honda CBR 954RR.

EDIT: Here is a pic of my 954rr, it was such a beautiful bike.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

4/20 NEVER FORGET fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jul 9, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
Man I would drive the poo poo out of that VTR250 if I could get one here in the states. I absolutely love the way it looks.

Phat_Albert posted:

I miss my DRZ, and I regret selling it. I guess what I'm trying to say is drat YOU FOR HAVING ONE :argh:

Dude I was all excited to be in the DRZ army with you then you went made me sad when you said you were selling it. :( You should get another one.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

predictive posted:

2008 Kawasaki Versys, my favorite bike so far:

I have been seriously considering a Versys as my second motorcycle and I have a few questions.

How is the MPG?
How is riding two-up? Can the passenger get their hands on the tank?
How many other bikes have you owned, and compared to those how does it handle?
How does it handle in the rain?
How are the handlebars? I rode a 650r that has similar bars and they were angled very ackwardly.

I rode a 650r last year and liked how smooth the engine was but I dislike the looks of the 650r, this bike is totally my style though. The price is right as well. Very nice bike :)

4/20 NEVER FORGET fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Jul 9, 2008

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

ReelBigLizard posted:

Almost bought one of those last week, but I ordered the 690 SMC instead. Dealer reckons it might be here friday...

Please, God, please.

Congrats on what will be a loving awesome motorcycle. Someday I hope to trade my DRZ out for one of those, so hot. I bet that thing is going to be a wheelie machine.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
I have a DRZ400SM as well and I get about 140ish before I run flat out of gas. I only get close to 90 before I hit the reserve, so I always leave it on reserve and just track my miles on the trip-meter.

I get 55 mpg when I treat mine nice, just over 50 when I ride it hard. Have fun on it, once you get used to riding it you will be in love. The counter-leaning thing takes some getting used to but once I figured out how to ride it I gained a ton of speed in corners. (I have never rode a dirtbike, so I had no idea about counter-leaning)

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
These last few years of R6 have been probably the hottest japanese-made bike ever. They just look SO good.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
thoughts of that 950 with sumo wheels is giving me a chubby

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
That's a deal on that z1000, congrats. That windshield is hilarious though, reminds me of the guy from kid n play's hair for some reason.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
I rented a Harley sportster when I was in San Fransico once and for the first day I had it I couldn't bring myself to lane split. It was a combination of being scared and inexperience. The second day I was stuck in traffic on highway 1 near Monterey with traffic packed so tight I was sure there was no way I could even attempt it so I just stayed put.

About 30-40 minutes into this a guy on a HUGE full-fared Harley zooms by me splitting lanes like it was nothing. I had no idea how he was going to split with such a wide bike, and figured then was my chance to learn. I followed that guy past my exit just for the laugh-factor. The guy was a master at splitting, the traffic was at a slow 5-10 mph crawl and we were doing about 20-25 mph just cutting through there like it was nothing.

The rest of that day and the next and final day I had the bike I was splitting lanes and moving to the front at lights like it was nothing. Once I got it figured out and did it a few times it felt natural. If you ever go down through California on a bike you will figure it out.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
Went out for a ride and took some pics of the bike since I got it pretty well sorted out. I still want some aftermarket levers then it will be done pretty much.

And my 100$ suit. Fits me like a glove, what a score. It was down once but has no tears and all of it's pads are intact.

4/20 NEVER FORGET fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Apr 23, 2009

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

jdonz posted:

Did you get super lucky and score a suit with Team Suzuki and Team Yoshimura patches or did you add them yourself?

Nope they were on the suit when I got it. It has an Arizona state patrol badge patch on the back of the left shoulder as well. Only crappy patch is a huge DUCATI patch across the back of the suit. I want to remove it but it's been on there so long it would be discolored if I took it off and look like crap anyways.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

Keep or lose the big patch?

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
I don't know which is worse though, a big douchey Suzuki patch or a empty faded space. We will have to see how it turns out once I get the patch off.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

cmorrow001 posted:

Don't forget to post lots of pics, also that's a 600.

Yep, 600. The PO took off the stickers and I like how clean it looks without them so I am leaving it.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
that is loving badass

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
Took some new pics of the bike when I was working on it yesterday.

Getting better. Still sorting out some low speed chatter issues, I have new EBC x-disc rotors, just waiting on new pads then I'm going to go through the front brakes again.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
After itching to get a supermoto for a few years since I sold my DRZ, I finally bit the bullet on a WR250X on CL that was too good of a deal to pass up.

Seller photo:

I got it for $3500 with 13k miles and a ton of mods: FMF full exhaust, power commander, pro taper bars, yamalink, custom windshield, 520 kit with -1f/+2r sprockets, modded air box with k&n filter and all of the original parts. The thing absolutly rips for a 250cc bike, a bit of gas and a tug on the bars in 2nd gear brings the front up pretty easy. I bought it right before some of the worst weather we have had this season and only got to ride it for the first time last week, after putting on some new handguards. (the handguards in the seller's pic did not come with the bike)

The previous owner was a motocross racer but talked about and had obviously put a lot of love and attention into the bike and was really sad to see it go. I'm pumped because besides the handguards, there isn't a single mod I want to do to the bike. It's such a joy to ride.

Besides that, I still have my 2007 Yamaha Vino 125 that I have left over from my divorce:

I bought it for my wife when I was married, she wrecked it twice before she decided that she was done with it and shortly after we divorced. I tried to sell the scooter multiple times but since it was stock, blue, wrecked and pretty ugly no one wanted to buy it. I did some searching around and ended up figuring out that factory plastics were not terribly expensive for these bikes, I ended up getting all of the factory plastics painted factory black for under $300. On top of that I added an NCY exhaust, NCY flat handlebars, NCY rear shock, new grips, and JDM (YO) factory front and rear blinkers and brake light. I think the bike turned out pretty good for a Vino, the exhaust was a noticeable bump in top end power, I am able to do about 63 mph on the highway flatout. It's a great summer ride.

I also have this thing, a 1997 Triumph T595, which needs a lot of work still. My friend wrecked it at the track and only half put it back together, it won't start and it's been sitting a long time. I have a feeling it's going sit for a while since I got the WR.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

SaNChEzZ posted:

Don't worry I haven't forgotten about the manual, I've just been forgetting to bring it to work every day :) I will try my damnedest to get it out this week.

Not a problem! I won't be doing any work on it immediately so take your time. I appreciate getting it regardless of how long it takes.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

Everyone should buy a supermoto, you will thank me later.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
Not mine, but my co-worker did let me ride this 2001 RSV-R when we went and got coffee after I shot a few photos of it.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

It gets the Akrapovic titanium header and some more carbon bits when it goes in for it's next service. I loving love this bike.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

Jazzzzz posted:

What's the seating position on the Hyper - do you sit up on the tank like a regular motard or is it farther back but up high like an adv bike?

Somewhere in between I'd say. Imagine how you ride a sumo on the freeway... butt back a bit from the tank but still rather low-slung. You sit directly upright and it is really comfortable doing long-ish rides so far. In the twisties you can sit up on the tank like a motard but it doesn't have the same effect. You can hustle it through corners counter-leaning it like you would a normal sumo but it takes a lot more effort because of how heavy it is.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

High Protein posted:

When I test rode one I found it more uncomfortable on the highway than a 690smc, as the seat is pretty dished and locks you into place.

Coming from the DRZ400SM and the WR250X I've had in the past, this bike is far more comfortable. I'm pretty tall (6'2"), ergonomically this bike is great for someone over 6' tall.

Slavvy posted:

It's also way too heavy to be anything resembling an actual sumo and trying to get it to behave like one takes huge balls/stupidity. All the fauxtards are like this, they're better thought of as a sportsbike for IRL roads.

Yea I wouldn't take it off road or down stairs, but that's me. I do hop the occasional curb on it but I don't go straight over them at speed like I did on my WR. I miss my WR a lot, it would be great to have one as a second bike.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

Can't quote this image hard enough. I love your bike and I absolutely love the color scheme, well done.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

Two days and the Akra header is already starting to blue in.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
Pulled this turd out of the back of the garage. Finally got to put some miles on the Pilot Road 5’s I put on over the winter.

4/20 NEVER FORGET fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Mar 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

ant mouth posted:

I've wanted a sumo for the past ten years, but could never make it happen. Just picked up this 2019 690 smc-r and I love it. I've put 300miles on it since picking it up two and a half days ago. If anyone in Portland, OR wants to play bikes, let me know! Street or ohv on my smoker!

interested but you have to let me ride it