Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Great story!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

When I've toyed with the idea of touring between LA and San Francisco, I've thought about visiting the desert and Yosemite one way, then PCH the other.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Z3n posted:

This would be a great time. You should do it. I can help with logistics. :)

Sooner or later I will take you up on that!

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Infinotize posted:

I rented a Versys from Dubbelju in SF

$109/day...hmmm! That's not too bad. They say they add $39 for cleaning and 8.5% sales tax and then nothing more mandatory...was there anything non-mandatory you added? Like better insurance?

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Z3n posted:

If you can afford to drop some cash up front, and plan on staying for any significant length of time, I highly recommend using Z3n's Bike Purchasing for America Touring Service.

Absolutely, that's plan A. But if I stay shorter and only ride <10 days, the rental makes more sense. It's a few years away anyway, watch this space!

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

darth cookie posted:

Ignore this post. I'm just posting it so I can search my own history here.

What none if you know is that all my posts are like this.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

TheFonz posted:

Man, EX, I showed my wife all the videos of Animal. We love it... Great dad, Great kids. So much fun.

So, uh... I kinda did the thing today.

I'm trying to keep the front wheel down for the first 500 miles. That's the break in process right? I got to watch them take it out of the crate, I took the long way and did 150 miles on the way home. I plan to get up to 600 by Friday and then change the oil.

It's intoxicating.

Wow!

You need a dayglo helmet now, to round that out.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Carth Dookie posted:

Didn't you buy a 300 ninja like a month ago?

Maybe he camped the bike spawn and harvested a lot of experience?

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Apropos of nothing. Since a "throttle" doesn't throttle anything on an electric bike, this:

Lynza posted:

IMPULSE CONTROL

would be an awesome name for the twisty grip on EVs.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Chris Knight posted:

Yeah it's doesn't make sense to have a "remove this before using" tag on the ignition :)

I had one on my house key. Worked quite well there, until it got stolen...

I figure it works in the ignition as "remove before your flight away from the bike and leaving the key in like a retard".

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Ready to scare.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Amazing!

Can you reach all the controls from the pillion seat? Is it possible to make it look like the skeleton is riding and you're pillion?

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Slavvy posted:

I'm hoping I can fix it without stripping the cases but if worst comes to worst that's what I'll have to do.

I think this will be easier than you fear. Also worth the effort to open it up just to see if there are any bits of thread or helicoil in there. Welding a suitably dimensioned bit of pipe in there sounds like a good plan.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Coydog posted:

Wow, I really appreciate you peeps thinking outside the box and tossing out suggestions. I was ready to just give up on it.

I ended up using a bit of Jazzzzz's advice, except that velcro wouldn't hold the puffball I have. So, I used some little 3m dual lock circles, sandwiched the wire I wrapped around the puff ball between it, and stuck that to the channel in the front fender.

Just in time for the last week of the semester! Let's see if it holds up on the highway tomorrow morning. :D

I.R. Motorcyclist?

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

I assume the stripes are stickers you buy by the length and put on top of the dip. I wondered about doing the same (with wrap) for a while and googled no end of wraps and stripes. Looks really good, although I'm curious about how long the plasti-dip lasts.

Ola fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Dec 1, 2016

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Slavvy posted:

Classy. How's your dentistry practice/graphic design firm going anyway?

This would work as a combo. Yes, I've got the dental x-ray back now. It looks like we need a total rebrand.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

I grip the handlebars like I grip my dick. A gentle push if I want to swing one way, a gentle tug if I want to swing the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

I'd love a Blackbird. It's pretty big, but so cramped. Like sitting on a massive race horse saddled for a tiny jockey.