Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

predictive
Jan 11, 2006

For awesome, press 1.
2008 Kawasaki Versys, my favorite bike so far:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

predictive
Jan 11, 2006

For awesome, press 1.

4/20 NEVER FORGET posted:

I have been seriously considering a Versys as my second motorcycle and I have a few questions.

How is the MPG? I get about 42mpg around the city, mostly because I like to lift the front wheel a bit at stoplights and hooligan around. I get about 50mpg on long highway trips.

How is riding two-up? The passenger sits very high, so there's more for them to see, but it can feel a bit more precarious than other bikes.

Can the passenger get their hands on the tank? Generally no, it's a long reach from the pillion seat.

How many other bikes have you owned, and compared to those how does it handle?
I've owned a Honda Shadow 500, a Honda Magna 750, a Ninja 250, a CBR600F4i, and the Versys. I've borrowed and ridden plenty of other bikes in lots of styles. I think the Versys' combination of short rake and high leverage from the wide bars make handling amazingly good. I've noticed that when I first get on a sportbike now it feels like the tires are flat because the Versys turns so much more easily.

How does it handle in the rain? I think it's fine in weather; I've ridden through plenty of weather, including a hailstorm, and while the large profile makes you more of a sail it never felt squirrelly. Since you sit so upright there's less protection than other bikes, but that only matters to me for extreme conditions like hailstorms, where the precipitation is actually painful.

How are the handlebars? I rode a 650r that has similar bars and they were angled very ackwardly. I've loaned the bike to three people and the bars seem to be a love/hate thing. I really dig them because the leverage makes turning so easy I just thing about cornering and around it goes. Some people don't like that they are so high, and there's only 1/2" or so of rotation adjustment with the stock bars before they contact the tank.

I ride full-time and I had to pick one good bike to do everything, and I'm glad I picked the Versys.

predictive
Jan 11, 2006

For awesome, press 1.

mattfl posted:

Old F4i, new ZX-636

How is the Kawasaki compared to the Honda for comfort and power delivery? I had an F4i and sold it, and I've been eyeing a special edition ZX-636 for sale up the street.

predictive
Jan 11, 2006

For awesome, press 1.

cursedshitbox posted:

I brought home a sad drz.

I love the big Revzilla box in the back, it tells a story of grand plans made and parts purchased that somehow ended in only in tears and snapped bolt heads.

predictive
Jan 11, 2006

For awesome, press 1.

opengl128 posted:

Love this doofy thing

I too love this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

predictive
Jan 11, 2006

For awesome, press 1.

dema posted:

New bike day! 2013 Triumph Speed Triple R.

I love this bike and its color scheme. Congrats on your new ride!