Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

I've ridden a 600 with that Jardine, it's way to loud. I'm OK with loud sport bikes but that thing hurts around 35 MPH in town. Looks the business though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

That 640 is hot

The baffles should make a pretty big difference. Enjoy that thing, it's awesome.

Don't get arrested

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Hurray for orange bikes!

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

ReelBigLizard posted:

:krad:

I want your tail light and mirrors. Give them to me.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

I think it's just the KTM 690 Euro Tail, maybe it is an Edge. I know the KTM EU tail is pretty similar. It's much cleaner.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Welcome to the SM club. Don't get arrested.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Haha.

Check back with us over at the SM thread in a few weeks.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

For every wheelie you don't do I'll do three.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Porkchop Express posted:

I accept this challenge.

Sell your DRZ, it deserves better

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

It started in racing, where you may need to replace a clutch quickly. Now it's just a style thing.

Ducati's generally come with incredibly nice controls, so heavy pulls aren't a problem, at least on their superbikes these days.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

mmmm... that new Ducati feeling.

The weather has been absolute crap and I've been away from home a lot so I brought mine inside to stare at when I can't ride it

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

oXDemosthenesXo posted:

I'm having a hard time telling what that is. Naked GSXR? I'm jealous no matter what it is.

SVN (Maybe converted S) 2003+ w/ clipons

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Got a little dirt bike fever this weekend with the new YZF and some dirt buddies

http://imgur.com/a/8FH57#8mh1Q

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Gunna guess no horn

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

jdonz posted:

Looks nice, but I'm not sure about the cock ring on the can.

Someone convince me that a 25 mile freeway commute would be fun on a sumo. I'm tempted to unload my SV for one.

Cock-ring is an exhaust slider, pretty handy if you're crash prone. Wont get many giggles out of SM riders, as we love our cock rings.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

That's a really clean GSXR from one of the best looking generations, congrats!

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Bought this cute little biddy tonight from a coworker for a dime. It's in great condition, not a spot of rust anywhere, just needs new rubber bits, a cleaning, a battery that's charged and someone to kick it.

Going to teach the lady how to ride on it and then flip it

1975 CB125S

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

It's just so stylish and cute, it's really hard to hate on a teeny CB with disk brakes and sporting pretentions

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Suggestions from a non HD rider:

The AARP Land Train Thread
Trikes and Tassels: Not just for children anymore
Layer Dan and the Left Lane Cruisers

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

I never understood how anyone could buy a Daytona 675 and not get it in this color

Love those bikes though, fantastic engines and chassis. You'll love it, just don't drive into a swamp.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Ya ya ya, KTMs, it's orange, whatever we get it. More RS125 please.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

I'm so jealous of your B-King. I've always thought they were just awesome, awesome bikes. A drat shame they didn't catch on.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

echomadman posted:

It has nothing to do with function beyond visually distinguishing the bike from the Japanese supersports.

This is very nearly true, if I recall correctly BMW gave the justification that being asymmetrical allowed them to save on weight by using a smaller headlamp and housing on one side, and by using allowing them to use different venting on each side of the fairing to achieve a specific air flow.

Granted, it sounds like bullshit; but I want to believe.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

That is a fantastic deal for a street bike in that condition. Good candidate for tracking.

Edit: Also I love the kickstands from that gen R6. They always look like they won't hold, but they will.

FlerpNerpin fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Dec 3, 2012

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Z3n posted:

Post the pic of the CBX.

Awww, Z3n has a man crush :swoon:

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

As a tall man with a high in-seam, I never have to worry about dropping a bike. :smug:

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

So it really loving happened huh...

Let's overclock it!

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Heated gear makes all the difference in the world and a good baklava.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

I'm going to blame it on jet lag but really, eat enough of those and you'll be more genetically stout against the cold wind.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Shouting Melon posted:

Front to back is a 2006 Honda VTR250, 2011 Triumph Street Triple R, 2013 KTM Duke 690R, 2006 Aprilia RS125.

Can I come over and play?

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Love that Futura

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

They are also cursed.

I don't mean wretched, I just mean they are literally cursed. Much like Mazdas in AI, the 675 is inviting DOOM in CA.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Here4DaGangBang posted:

5-6K RPM in the early stages of run-in.

You don't have to do that.

Don't stay at any one RPM range too long for the first few hundred miles, don't stay constantly at red-line if you can avoid it, but basically, ride it like you normally would.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

I can contribute!

I went up some trails I really shouldn't have. I ride my dirt bikes there all the time now (walker) but this was my first time ever going to an ORV area years ago and I had no idea what I was doing. I was even in full leathers.

Went back a few more times with other supermotos to do the same thing on street tires or slicks before I ever found out that dirt bikes are awesome.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Sometimes you just have to let go

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Crashing isn't so bad as long as you don't hit stuff or high-side

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

That's a fair point. I try to keep my crashing limited to my dirt bike or track bike as those handle it much better than pretty street bikes. It's been a good policy thus far.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Z3n posted:

Your knee? :v:

This is the real answer.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Finally got the Duc back together after Zool kindly tossed it down Thunder Hill.

It's been a long road getting here and there is still a handful of niggles left but god drat do I love it so. I've wanted one of these since I looked into taking the MSF before I got my first bike. It's every bit as good as I imagined years ago. Fantastic on a track. Hilariously uncomfortable and awkward running around the city.

It's such an occasion every time you turn it on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Can I come over and play?