Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

690's remain cool and good. Got 3.5 days into a 5 day trip before the whole state caught on fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Razzled posted:

nice setup-- is that the reckless 80? been looking into some bag setups now that i've got my true north xabr rack in

Yeah, the 80 v3. Expensive but it's awesome. Easily held everything for 5 days of camping completely self sufficent and didn't move or complain at all over 400ish miles of rocks, braking bumps, whoops and jumps.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

MV Agusta is actually Italian for 'Feed me starter sprags'

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

I miss my MT-10. Rip that cat, put in a mid-pipe, send your ECU to Nels at 2wheelDynoWorks and enjoy that motor erryday

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Jazzzzz posted:

Bikes already put out more NO and other pollutants per pound than cars. Why you gotta gut the cat, man? Get an aftermarket pipe with a cat. Unless you're Rossi you aren't going to notice a difference in power if you're getting the ECU remapped anyway

Ya but motorcycles kill their riders within a few thousand miles and crossplanes sound dope so who gives a poo poo

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

You still get the satisfaction of a shift so it's not quite like an auto and you don't *have* to use it.

If it's a good sounding bike and you are ripping around a quick shifter and blipper really add to the experience. When I'm putting around I don't usually bother.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

right arm posted:

where I decided to turn around:

I see you with that new orange Reckless

I snagged the orange BC35s & 40L duffel the second I saw them, fly as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

dema posted:

Don't know about power yet, still in the break in phase and I've been following the instructions. Shifting at like 6k rpm. Bought it with 554 miles and I think that's over at 650. Should be done today.

Ya don't worry about this at all ride it like you stole it. We took a brand new one with less than 10 miles on it, thew on slicks and thrashed it at the track. 25k+ later it's still happy as a can be.

Enjoy.