Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

atomic johnson posted:

All Velcro'ed up under the desk...

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

This is awesome but what do you do when you need to take your Macbook somewhere? Getting behind the desk for the power brick must be a pain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

MrMoo posted:

Well, the easy answer is to buy a second brick.

Not when the bricks cost $80, that's for sure.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

The fact that alot of people have nice modern gaming PCs and 5+ year old CRTs boggles my mind. :psyduck:

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Raluek posted:

Some of us like having highish resolution, fairly dense pixels, and not spending more than $35 for a monitor. I mean, my "nice modern gaming PC" cost me $300 or so, and you can barely get a half decent monitor for that nowadays.

Not to derail but I think it's wise to invest in something you probably spend hours staring at for days on end. The same applies to people who have crappy desk chairs.

To each his own.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I just got this desk from Ikea 2 days ago. I'm waiting for the laptop stand to get done being built, It should free up some space.

Corb3t fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Aug 17, 2008

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Kyle0wnsyou posted:

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

The middle drawer on the desk pulls out as a keyboard/mouse platform

Nothing special, but my poo poo is TIDY.

Am I the only one who uses their Laptop screen when connected to a different monitor?

Click here for the full 1167x876 image.

Just got the desk last week from ikea.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

wasp_f15ing posted:

This is my old set up, it ended being over cumbersome.. I really didn't need the 19" horizontal ;p

So I have the BenQ and Dell on here now, moved the amp under the monitors. I keep the Z-5500 for xboxing.

I need a good looking k/b Razer Lycosa looks nice but a bit geeky, the dinivo is just too expensive. I might get the Enermax aluminium k/b next week.

Now that you only have 2 monitors do you have one setup 1 in the center and 1 off to the side or both sharing the middle?

That's the one issue I have with 2 monitor setups - which one is the "primary" monitor (that should be in the middle?) I'd have to have 3 LCDs to make it right - 2 off to the side, 1 in the middle.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Ashex posted:

I found this pics so I figured I'd post them as an example of living like poo poo.
I really wish I had taken a picture of when I had a 24" CRT on this desk, I had to use a tripod in the middle to support the desk.

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

Nice lotion.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

adante posted:

an old setup of mine. Has since been replaced by a new stand and laptop but the premise is the same

That has to cause some bed sores.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

ErIog posted:

Really, you had to point out that one of your 360's is modded? There's no homebrew community for it at this point, and so you're basically screaming to the forums that you're a pirate. The piracy isn't even the big issue for me, it's the stupidity of screaming from the mountaintop about it that I'm bothered by.

My favorite thing about 360 pirates is everyone I know who bootlegs has gone through or owns 3-4 360s. Why not spend the money on games instead?

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I know everyone is showing off their huge amazing desks but can someone recommend a small desk that will only hold a 15" Laptop and possibly an external Harddrive?

I have the Frederick Ikea desk but it's way too big for my bedroom. I'm looking for a pretty small (and decently priced) desk to keep in my bedroom for only the laptop and maybe an external HD.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Juriko posted:

I figure every time I run out of space I will just bolt another arm onto it.

That's exactly the type of desk I'm looking for for my bedroom - where did you get it and how much?

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

The Third Man posted:

Interests: Team Fortress 2, World of Warcraft

It all makes sense now.

.....What's wrong with Team Fortress 2? That game is fun!

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I figured I'd post an updated pic of my desk. It's been 9 months.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Guerrand posted:

And even more easily solved by adding an extension to that side of the desk so that the legs are further away.

Could you possibly link to the Galant extension you're talking about? I'm having a hard time finding these desk "extensions" everyone is talking about.

I have an Ikea Mikael. I love it, but I want something with less of a vertical profile. The shelves above it are nice but it's definitely too bulky.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Just got back from Ikea...

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Chaucer posted:

Project 1 Xpression turntable, 11-year-old Sony CDP-CE335, Marantz 2245 receiver, Lian-Li PC-C31B, Axiom m22 speakers, 7-year-old Dell 2011FP, Enermax Aurora, and Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 on top of a cheap desk I bought from the previous tenant.

Where can I get a shelf like the one you have your record player on?

Corb3t fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Apr 10, 2011

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Chaucer posted:

Salamander Archetype 5.0

$500 for a shelf. :psyduck:

Definitely can't afford that.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Mad_Lion posted:

I miss the good ole' days when I used to build my own computers. I guess I just have to settle with my laptop instead.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

metalhead posted:

Just pieced this setup together.

What up, D2000 buddy?

Oh... yours are re-cabled. Audiophiles. :doh:

edit: I might as well ask - what headphone amp are you using?

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

metalhead posted:

How can you deal with the stiff rear end stock cable? I loving loathed that thing, it just had to go. I might have gone overboard with bling for the replacement ;)

The amp is a Hifiman EF2. Fantastic synergy with the D2000s, inexpensive, and a built in USB DAC to top it all off. Highly recommended.

You're right, the stock cables aren't very good. Every website I've seen that does re-cabling is ridiculously expensive and I don't have the know-how to do it myself.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Here's my current setup.

- 24" 1440p LG Display
- 9.7" ~$50 2K Display for Beeper + iMessage + Discord + Email
- GMMK Pro Keyboard
- MX Master 3 Mouse
- MiSTer for FPGA retro gaming up to Sega Saturn
- Steam Deck for PC gaming
- Arctic Summair Plus fan
- Cheap USB C Mic
- Hifman HE400se | Sennheiser HD6XX | Denon D2000 Headphones
- 13" Quad-core MacBook Pro for Webdev/UI UX work

Not Pictured:
- Stream Deck Pro that I picked up on Prime Day - really excited to play around with smart home automations and per-app hotkeys with it
- Aging SFF Gaming PC that likely won't get upgraded (PS5 + Steam Deck + Switch just gets way more use around our house)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Armauk posted:

Did you get off the waitlist?

Yep - Just got my invite last month after a year of being on the wait list.