Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

drat that looks cool, it's amazing how quickly shumups veered into bizarre territory though I guess considering the amount released at their peak it was inevitable. Lol that English though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cardiovorax posted:

That is trippy as hell. I can see where the comparison with a Cho Aniki that is a bit less Cho Aniki comes from.

Check out Gynoug on the Megadrive if you want another example of the Cho Aniki guy being serious.

Well sort of serious since the first boss is a literal man train.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

...! posted:

Danganronpa V3

Lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not in Contra 3, the jump button makes you lie down to avoid projectiles in the top down stages

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

CrazySalamander posted:

I know this one! Tachyon: The Fringe. I played the demo a whole lot as a kid.

E: It is currently on sale for 2.49 on steam. It features Bruce Campbell as the main character VA apparently.

I hope the Steam version works, I had it on disc and even ten years ago it wouldn't run on then modern systems

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

BaronVanAwesome posted:

Hi thread! I'm trying to find a game, I think on PS1, that we had a demo disc for. You played a tank or car, Sci fi setting, on what I think was Mars, because all I could remember is red hills and mountains. I feel like it was more strategy than actual tank stuff but memory is bad.

I remember being able to build and upgrade bases in multi-player, like adding defenses or something. You'd drive around and try to destroy the other player and their base.

Plz help, my family is dying

Return Fire?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sounds a lot like Deadly Towers but that was NES only afaik

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Love the Catchphrase sound effect at the start of a level

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Custard Undies posted:

I have gone really bad with requests previously, so I'm not holding my breath on this one.

Arcade game I would have played sometime between 1989-1992, but game might be slightly older than that time frame.

Top down game like Ikari Warriors/Commando.

All I remember is that in the attract mode of the game it had a part where you either attack a battleship or some other type of boat or submarine, but I'm not sure if you were on foot at that point or in a little tank/sub.

I've watched over the attract modes/long plays of Ikari Warriors and Commando, but it didnt show what I had in my memory.

I know when I played it, that part of the game might have been either towards the end of level 1 or in level 2 as I managed to get to it/past it and I don't think I was that amazing at the game.

I am pretty certain it was an on foot shooter like Ikari Warriors, and not where you control a plane like 1942 etc...

MERCS the semi sequel to Commando?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I always remember being confused by the bit in Monkey Island where it pretends you died and pops up a 'reload, restore or quit' screen. Until I realised later it was a jab at Sierra games.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lol yeah, that one got me because I originally played the Amiga port which you couldn't install by default so you actually had to constantly swap the 15 disks it came on.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dunno what Amiga my friend had, prrrobably a 500 Plus in 1991-ish but it was definitely before he bought the 1MB HD! Might have been MI2 on 15 disks though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

beef sweat posted:

No, the graphics here are too advanced for the game I remember.

This looks more like it with very pixelated graphics and janky movement but it was more archeologist-adventure and not horror castle. I think the beginning of the game started in a brown cave.

Edit: I had to have played this sometime between 1995-1999. My brother thinks it was Ancient Empires but I remember all of TLC games pretty distinctly and those are much more cartoony than the game in question.

Uh was it the Last Crusade action game, that starts in a brown cave.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Well they were both in Frontier: Elite 2

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Now I'm thinking about this frog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TXFy3c_GA8

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Polaron posted:

Probably F-117 Night Storm, and I'm pretty sure the yellow tab was just because EA made their own carts.

Could also be F-22

https://segaretro.org/F-22_Interceptor:_Advanced_Tactical_Fighter

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Crazyweasel posted:

PS1 era, pretty sure an action rpg where the battles are these like kinetic side scrollers - you jump and slash real time, not via selecting commands. It was definitely 2d pixel, not 3d models.

The only other thing I remember is the main character had a like Mana-series art style but a bit more exaggerated and kid like. Maybe the main character had big blue hair (styled like Fire Leo from Kirby All Star) but a kind of small angry human-look and a sword.

Tales of Destiny or one of the other 2D Tales games depending on actual platform and year

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

KennyMan666 posted:

Sort of vague, but a game I randomly half-remembered when reading about Rise of the Robots: A robot fighting game with 3D graphics on PC, which I would have played in the mid-90s. I really don't remember any further details about it, but if the game I think I'm remembering existed, it absolutely had polygon graphics, so it wasn't One Must Fall.

Looks like Zero Divide had a Windows port, try that maybe.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

And then Obsidian did a second sequel with way too much story

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dog man also makes me think of one of the Suikoden's but I can't remember if any were drunks

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Pretty much any semi-modern game with swinging on poles likely did that, including PoP Sands of Time and onwards.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I feel like the original Tomb Raider games did it when that sort of attention to detail in animation would still have been notable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hwurmp posted:

Trying to remember a game that came out--or at least the trailers came out--fairly recently. It's third-person and 3D. Your character is a little girl. Activities include exploring an island, interacting with friendly monsters, playing music and cooking food for them. It's based on folklore from a place that's not often represented in games. The name was one word iirc. Any ideas?

Tchia?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGqQbBxXtfM