Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Watrick posted:

Oh dear God, you're loving right. Thank you so much!!! You have no idea how long I've been wrecking my brain over this. A million thanks once again.

Edit: I'm an rear end. I got really excited as I watched a you tube video, I watched a few more and realized that Black Tiger isn't right either, sorry. If it helps the money spun and was of different sizes. I couldn't tell from the you tube videos, but I don't think you spent it in Black Tiger, but I could be wrong. Sorry again and thanks for the help.

Was it Holy Diver?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Captain_duck posted:

Sort of sounds like SGNG yeah, allthough there's no deleting any stuff like savegames in that. Anyway check out my old LP of this : http://video.google.nl/videoplay?docid=-3339339781343944391 , is it that game?

Anyway a game ive looked for myself a lot, and asked before in other threads here but havent gotten the correct anwser yet is an old game. It's for one of those old "computer in a keyboard" type computers like the commodore 64 or MSX or any other type. Im sure it wasn't a spectravideo because i had that one myself. The game itself is a helicopter game, you fly a helicopter through a series of caves. I remember there being pretty big maps, and it got pretty tough to get through some parts.

Here's a little mockup that i made from memory:

I have no idea if the colors are right, but there were multiple levels like that with increasingly narrow paths the deeper you came. No idea what you were doing either, maybe rescueing people from underground. No idea if there were enemies or not.

So does anyone have an idea?

Choplifter? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqoaAk8ucPk

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

There was an arcade game that was very action packed I can't remember much about it other than

The main character used a whip to attack and one of the levels has you driving in his car fighting enemies. I also think the first level takes place on a train.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Davoren posted:

Sounds like The Cliffhanger: Edward Randy.

This was it. Thank you.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Sloppy Thirds posted:

Found this on my friend's "Old pictures" album on facebook and we can't tell what game it is. All we know is that it's for sure an NES game(he's holding the controller) and it's 2 players by the look of the P1 at the bottom of screen and that his brother is holding a controller as well.

Its Double Dragon 2. Look at the HUD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtMjEqVQjgc

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Bob Smith posted:

The first one is definitely not Wacky Wheels, I remember the characters being nearly all human and the graphics being better.

Rolo to the Rescue is definitely right though, I remember only getting to play it once but it was pretty good.

As to Toonstruck, that's definitely not it. It was wholly animated, not FMV. Thinking more on it, it may have been a Sierra game.

Street Racer?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Racer

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Overclocked Fox posted:

Okay, I've got one. It's for kids, it is old is gently caress, it was on the PC and it definitely involved a penguin who wears a suit and plays the piano. The game was like a bunch of minigames based around teaching you how to play music/read notes etc. I REALLY want to say the penguin's name was Lenny but I have no idea why. The game takes place in Lenny (or whoever's) apartment, which is clearly made to look like its in NYC.

This is vague as gently caress so good loving luck but this thread made me think about games from my childhood and I've been spending hours trying to figure this one out.

EDIT: Maybe his name was Larry. I still really feel like it was Lenny though.

Lenny's Music Toons?

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Necc0 posted:

Old Sega Genesis game in which you played as a green pile of goo and could spit green balls at enemies/slide through anything that your head could fit through

your health was determined by how big of a blob you were

anyone?

The ooze?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ooze

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Neo Rasa posted:

There was a thread for the game but I can't find it. It's a PS1 game heavily inspired by Twin Peaks/Lost Highway and is sort of inbetween Silent Hill 1 and Deadly Premonition in its structure (definitely a PS1 adventure game but with a large town to explore and such).

Could it be D?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D_%28video_game%29

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

I remember there was this terrible trailer for a game that was never released. I know it was during the Gamecube/PS2 era. The game had terrible graphics that were N64 quality at best. Most of the trailer was the guy shooting random horrible looking soldiers, but at the very end he is like fighting some terrible looking plant monster and the voice over is talking about how something is going to come out and EAT YOU. I can't remember the name of the game for the life of me. I thought it was called Survivor, but that brings up nothing for me.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Trying to remember a video game cover. It had two shirtless dudes on it, I think a man in a goat head, and U.S. Gold on the cover.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Yes!! Thank you.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

There was this game in the arcade, and I am going to guess early to mid 90s. It was a fixed gun game and I think the theme was zombies or some poo poo. If I remember correctly one of the first levels was on a ship or something and you fought zombie dogs at some point.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Skunkrocker posted:

Gun Survivor 2: Biohazard Code Veronica aka Resident Evil Arcade?

No. It was way before that. It was still sprites. In the nes/snes days

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

I'm pretty sure it was beast busters. The gun used was an uzi. Thanks!

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Grump posted:

What are those games that have an art style that make the characters look like Dragon Ball Z characters?

Dragon Quest?

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

There was some game on pc that recently was released. It might be early access. But it was a multiplayer game where one player was the monster and the others had to survive or something by hiding. Im thinking it came out either in 2013 or 2014.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Zaphod42 posted:

Can you tell us anything about the monster?

That could be anything from The Hidden: Source to Evolve.

Its not evolve or The Hidden. I don't think the survivors could fight back.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

This was it.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Freakazoid_ posted:

Arcade game, either very late 90's or early 00's, 3rd person arena shooter. Each cabinet could be linked up to other cabinets like a LAN. You could choose from a few (maybe four?) characters that had varying strengths, but most people at the arcade picked the biggest guy with the biggest gun, probably because the game wasn't balanced at all.

Maybe it was Outtrigger?

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Gestalt Intellect posted:

While I'm here, I have this one memory out of nowhere of a gameplay video I saw years ago for some game on what I think was the PS3, and then never noticed again. I remember someone describing it as being like 3rd person battlefield. It looked singleplayer (at least what I saw was singleplayer) with a big open map, I think both vehicles and other human-sized enemies, and a kind of sci-fi theme if I remember right. I remember the player character wore glasses and I think he was black but I can't quite recall.

I know this is basically nothing to go on, but I periodically have this image of a black glasses-wearing man shooting things in a big environment, and it bothers me to no end that I can't remember what it was from and never found out anything else about the game.

This is probably Starhawk

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Gestalt Intellect posted:

It definitely wasn't gauntlet and it wasn't baldur's gate either. I remember some strange specific things about it, like it had a radial thing you would assign your skills to, the levels seemed to be part randomly-generated and part hand-created, and in one sort of tropical island environment your character would constantly repeat this dumb line about finding an excuse to vacation there.

I think this one is Champions of Norrath

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

There was a adventure game made for PC and I think it was goon made. The game featured a duck and all I can remember about it is that you were trying to make some delicious porridge.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Yes, that was it. Thank you.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

A. Beaverhausen posted:

There was some game on the PS1 where you had multi colored balls with different faces/personalities and the gameplay was kind of like pinball but not? It was sort of a puzzle game I think.

Maybe iggys reckin balls?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

I actually hear that the Alien Resurrection game is pretty good, unlike the movie.