Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

I REALLY need to get my rear end in gear and start watching some of these. I went on a buying spree and bought like 100 bucks worth of riffs but I've only had time to watch about 4 or 5.

Is it the general consenus to just get most of the movies via Netflix?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Plavski posted:

That's not really the case at all. There's plenty of space and 'measured' dialogue, it just happens to be badly written and badly performed. Also, they have done way worse films than the Room and made them hilarious.

Seriously, the Room is Oscar worthy compared to the Skydivers, the Horror at Party Beach, or the Creeping Terror.

It's just an average Riff, that's all.

Nothing beats Monster A Go-Go. I wouldn't even call it a movie.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Malachi Constant posted:

The Giant Spider Invasion. Stupid, accessible, and hilarious.

Go Packers!!!!!

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Avarcirwen posted:

David Warner, I place you under arrest by order of David Warner.

I love that MST3k episode.

"I'M COMING!!!"

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Tony Danza Claus posted:

AMC Barrett in Marietta, GA had about 25 for the encore.

It was awesome, except for "clap for everything guy." Laugh or just say "ha", you don't have to clap every time someone said something. Who does that?

Talk about annoying. That would have gotten on my nerves.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

bananasinpajamas posted:

Yeah. That one is right up there with the Batwomen movie in terms of utter incomprehensibility. Why was Huck Finn wearing a Hawaiian shirt with cut-off sleeves :gonk:

I watched this with my Dad over the holidays and its become our new Manos: Hands of Fate. I still laugh every time I think of "Look at me, I'm a loving mole!"

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Check out the awesome trailer for Birdemic: Shock and Terror!

http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi537593625/

The last 10 seconds is the funniest poo poo ever.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

They really need to keep doing this little live action announcement videos. They're funny as hell.

No matter how hard I try I just keep seeing Tom Servo and Crow in my head when I see Kevin and Bill talk in person.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

bobservo posted:

Read any interview with the director and/or actors and you'll know Birdemic wasn't trying to be intentionally bad.

I read an interview with the lead actress and she definitely confirms this. She mentioned Nguyen was really strict with the script and that all the actors had to do everything in their power not to laugh during the coat hanger scene.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

IUG posted:

This could be interesting.

That could be really funny. I love Norm's comedy and delivery style.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

GeneralZod posted:

5th birthday, and 15% off with promo code!

Clicky

Sweet, thanks for the heads up.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

weekly font posted:

The KTMA episodes are terrible and even completionists shouldn't bother.

I agree. I tried sitting through some of them and I just couldn't. Tom's voice was just too different and unfunny.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

bobservo posted:

If you're wondering how bad Laser Mission is, Everything is Terrible edited it down to five minutes:

http://www.everythingisterrible.com/2011/06/5-minute-laser-mission.html

LMFAO!

"I vant to build. Not destroy!" Proceeds to kill a guy dead with a shotgun in the next clip.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

I think I remember them saying poo poo, gently caress and bitch in some riffs.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I can't be the only person that pretends its Crow and Tom Servo that are doing the riffs with Mike Nelson and not Kevin Murphy and Bill Corbett.

Nope, I do this too. It helps that Kevin or Bill used their regular voices for the bots.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Ensign_Ricky posted:

But does the Master approve?:ohdear:

He will not! Unless there's going to be women wrestling in their white undergarments.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Duo TCR posted:

Oh god I looked it up.

I did too. gently caress that guy! Hope the power glove wasn't involved. :smith:

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I'm not even a third of the way through Revenge of Dr. X and it's utterly incoherent madness.

EDIT: I think this is a prequel to Blood Waters of Dr. Z.

Is there any sashaying through the sargassum?

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

therealjon_ posted:

I prefer the VODs, because I don't need to cut up audio, rip DVDS, etc. plus they feel like old MST3K episodes. I buy every VOD, and I can't be the only one that prefers them.

No, I'm definitely with you. Its just much easier to download and play on the go vs. needing to sync up the track, get the DVD from netflix, etc.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Universe Master posted:

I love how Vanilla Ice just "dances" alone to no music outside that weird couples house for longest time.

Yep Yep.

*Car drives by*

"I'll just be outside doing this"

I was in tears after that riff by Mike.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Kevin had mine...so cool that they personally thanked all the backers.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

therealjon_ posted:

I'm still not positive as to what was real and what was a dream sequence in Last Slumber Party.

The dialogue in that movie kills me. The delivery, timing, everything.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Evil Mastermind posted:

Huh, that's weird. They're taking preorders for Fun In Balloonland. Have they ever done that before?

http://www.rifftrax.com/balloonland

That is weird...what's the benefit?

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

ComposerGuy posted:

drat, just glossing over twitter in the aftermath of the MST3K funding success...and it really, really seems like basically the entirety of the old cast and crew are pissed at Joel with the possible exception of Mike, who made it pretty clear weeks ago that Rifftrax is his baby, not MST3K.

So it looks like you're wrong or seeing something that's not there?

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

General Washington's plane has landed!

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

CaptainYesterday posted:

The RiffTrax app now connects to your account! Hooray!

I have an android phone and downloaded the app. It did ask me to log on to my account but it didn't seem to matter? The app is pretty bad. Really dark for some reason and not very user friendly.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

egon_beeblebrox posted:

So, in the past two days, I watched Roller Gator, Alien Outlaw and Zindy the Swamp Boy.

I think my brain has broken.

Yeah, Roller Gator alone requires at least a two week recovery time.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

I've bought everything (minus a couple of things here and there) and no email so is it random???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Just got an email describing the stretch goals.

A brand new VOD of Final Justice? GO AHEAD ON!

• Locked thread