Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I caught the showing in Ventura, Ca. I'd guess that the seats were 90% full. They showed it on their largest screen in the biggest room. Odds are they'd be willing to run it again here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Speedboat Jones posted:

I was at the Ventura, California Century Stadium 16 theater.

:hfive: What up VC goon? How many minutes of the film do you think we lost due to the odd blackouts?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I have what might be a horrible question. What would need to happen for you guys to do a Rifftrax of Schindler's List, or of Grave of the Fireflies?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm glad to hear both answers.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
1) I'll definitely read the first few chapters of your book today, it'll be a good way to pass time before an appointment.

2) Will you ever do Surviving Edged Weapons?

Edit: I forgot how gory this movie was. I just remembered the sillier re-enactment scenes.

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Nov 18, 2013

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

rereedrumr posted:

2. Haven't heard of it but will check it out. "Gory" in the description is usually a bit of a red flag though, unless it's poorly done enough to make it goofy.

It's a police training film. Most of the movie is ridiculous - it features:

Canadian accents
A 2001-inspired scene where a caveman kills another caveman.
A Satanic Cult lady in whiteface who attacks police with a sacrificial dagger.
A hispanic man in a business suit killing a police officer with a knife disguised as a pen.
A man wielding a katana killing a police officer.
A rich guy who owns a porche and has a lot of hidden knives.
A lecture where a cop says he's "not gonna die in no ghetto".
Warnings about throwing stars, knife culture, the liberal courts, and baseball caps with razor blades taped to the back.

Unfortunately it also contains autopsy images because it's a training film and they want police to take the threats seriously. I forgot about them because I usually look away and fast forward during them.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I wasn't able to make it, will they do an encore?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Could Crispen Glover's student films get honorable mention as a movie as bad or worse than Birdemic?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Would the RiffTrax people ever team up with the cast of How Did This Get Made?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm going to guess 'All About Steve'

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Koala's are no worse than college students.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I wish they had a full hour of Maria stuff to riff.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I hope they go with Chris Hardwick and that this new MST3K teaches him how to mellow out as a comedian.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'd like to suggest of the movie Tank. A guys son is framed by the local sheriff so the father uses his vintage M4 Sherman to bust his son out of jail.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Vicissitude posted:

I used to have that movie on VHS. We watched it so many times it wore out and the tape broke.

How was it?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I hope you do a rifftrax of the new World Wars documentary by the history channel. It gets a whole lot of stuff wrong.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Would this campaign film be good riffing material?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xniUoMiHm8g

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

The Twinkie Czar posted:

A lot of it would be great but the real footage of people being assaulted kind of ruins it.

Would it be possible to edit the violence out and lampshade it?

Bill "I remember seeing this as a kid, they showed police beating people up every five mminutes, it was the longest 30 minutes of my life"
Mike 'I have a hard time believing a cop would do that.'
Kevin 'Besides this only has a twenty minute run time'
-
Bill 'I destinctively remember a scene where blacks were getting by white cops right after that gogo dance scene.'
Mike 'Youre clearly misremembering things. If you learned nothing else from Yambao or Guy from Harlem you'd know that race relations have never been an issue in the US. Especially mid19th century America.'
Bill 'But the march to burmingham, malcom x, the freedom riders...'
Mike 'It was really a golden age.'
-
Bill 'i could have sworn this was longer'
Kevin 'well, I may have practiced my film splicing skills on the film'
Bill 'well why would you do that?'
Kevin 'I need to be ready case I ever return to my first job as a film projectionist'

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Would "Zero Hour", the drama film that inspired/was turned into Airplane, be good riffing material?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I was frustrated with the movie until figuring that this was the killers post-lobotomy fantasy.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I think my favorite is the Santa vs. the Martians live.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I think one of the biggest laugh lines in the Oxnard showing was "game over, man. Game over."

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I was surprised there weren't any jokes about how Cody represented something like 1/10th of the US Army.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The audio was fine for the 8pm west coast show, near as I can remember.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
There was one more joke they said was a local reference but I forgot what it was.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
For their next TV VOD I hope they do the Tales from the Darkside shows.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Will RiffTrax ever sell bundles of shorts?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Where was Dinosaurus supposed to take place? The lightly tanned island manager throws in Spanish words but speaks with a slight french accent. The stock photage shows a bunch of black natives working in the background. And then there's the Irishman!

I hated the "the white man is always right" undertones.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
What would be the best rifftrax live VODs?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Do you think they'll ever do Robot Wars or Midway?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I like the Rifftrax Presents of "Scared to Death" and will probably get the one about the train with Telly Sevalis in it.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Can anyone whose seen the puppet short share how good they think it is? Is it a must-have or something to check out later?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Ask them who Dr. Forester's father was.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Is ROTOR a musthave?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I think Rifftrax should introduce a rental feature. I give myself a budget of $20 a month to spend on rifftrax. I hate it when half of it gets spent on a movie I'll never ever want to watch again. I'm looking at you Night of the Lepus.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Rifftrax got $12 more of my bucks for 14 shorts or so.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Between 13 Features, 24 Shorts, 5 Live shows attended, 3 TV shows, 1 Rifftraks presents, and $60 in donations/kickstarters I figure I've spent $240 on Rifftrax and that I will break $300 by the end of the year. I no longer feel guilty about piratebay-ing the movies, I see it more like trying before buying.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

CapnBry posted:

You know now that you mention it, it being a dream does sort of make sense out of why there are so many phones in the bathroom.

I treat it like a dream the lobotomy patient had for getting revenge on people who wronged him.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Okay, we know its not Santas Villiage of Madness, Mexican Santa Claus, Santa Claus and the Ice Cream Bunny. What else can it be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It looked more like a mask to me. It was still black face either way.

• Locked thread