Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Mister Kingdom posted:

Ocean's Eleven w/Richard Cheese is now available.

http://www.rifftrax.com/rifftrax/oceans-eleven

Hairy Guy: It can't be beat!
Mike: It's like Battletoads!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Janet Varney has a few guest appearances on TV shows (I remember her being in episodes of Psych and How I Met Your Mother). They're both founders of the SF Sketch Fest so that's probably how they met the Rifftrax crew.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

If you were hoping they would do more lovely movies, you're getting your wish:

Releasing 10/21.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Sample for The Happening:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8PxA6IVdYo

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Gaseous Snake posted:

That wore out its welcome after the first hundred times they said it.

I loved it when they brought it back in Harry Potter and Mike and Bill got mad at Kevin for trying to horn in on THEIR joke.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Plavski posted:

She seems to be in all the Rifftrax Presents riffs.

See seems to be in just the Kevin and Bill RP riffs. I'm guessing they do those in Minessota so they have someone else fill in as Disembaudio since I imagine the real one is a Legend Films employee in San Diego.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Yay! I love the Harry Potter riffs.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Luke: How did my father die?
Kevin: Without dignity.
Bill: None at all.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

It was pretty cool. They had problems though, the first attempt the stream crapped out a couple minutes into the short and they had to get things working again and start over.

They appear to still be having some problems, their entire website isn't working.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

http://twitter.com/rifftrax posted:

What if we told you we'd soon be riffing an angsty tween vampire movie that rhymes with "skylight?" (And no, it's not Buffy.)

:dance:

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPi4FeH4dx4

Release on 4/21!!!

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Wow, I've never even heard of this movie. It looks horrible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCj8sPCWfUw

EDIT: I love how none of the quotes at the end are attributed to anybody.

Wiseblood fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jun 12, 2009

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Mister Kingdom posted:

Then you'll enjoy this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOZEDU9RNA0

The cast reunites to talk about the movie.

Fantasia aged well. She doesn't look like a tranny anymore.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Holy gently caress! (Releases 7/2)

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Naiive Melody posted:

I just realized Joel McHale is the man who hosted the abysmal Ubisoft E3 press conference - although, ironically he did a hilarious job holding up as everything around him was just pure poo poo. Now I really want to get this riff.

He should come back and riff Avatar when it comes out on DVD.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

What the gently caress? The west coast doesn't even get the show live, it's tape delayed for the Pacific Time zone.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

According to Mike's twitter they're working on Dragon Wars.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

No surprise here. I hope they really tear it a new one:

Releases on 10/22.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Bedurndurn posted:

Assuming that renaming it from .divx to .avi didn't work, you can try to snag VirtualDub (http://www.virtualdub.org/download.html). You should be able to open a video file in one format with that and transcode it to a different codec. Probably can't do that in a half an hour though, but it shouldn't take much longer than it does to play the video, so if you get on that you can get it done in time (hopefully).

If you can get the .divx to open in VirtualDub you might not need to transcode it at all. Set Video to "Direct Stream Copy" and save the file as an .AVI. The 360 supports Divx/Xvid in AVI format.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Tony Danza Claus posted:

Her role in the movie was to make that upper-lip-exposing-teeth generic hot girl face. Which, with her, makes her look retarded.

I love how Bill loses it in the riff of TF1 over that. "Close your mouth! Do your lips even meet? What, are you straining for krill fish? Close your stupid overly tanned maw you EMPTY HEADED BINT!"

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Mister Kingdom posted:

A heads-up to Netflixers: the Rifftrax is for the theatrical release and Netflix only has the unrated version.

However, the unrated version is about 9 seconds shorter than the theatrical version. Here's a site that shows the differences. I'll tag the site as :nws: for gore.

The disc (Drag Me To Hell) should have both versions of the movie on it.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Yes...YES!

They're releasing it on the 19th (a day before the movie actually comes out).

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Ehdee posted:

Quick question. There's a riff done in both The Room and Fast And Furious (both great 'trax but the Disembaudio parts of The Room get old fast) where they go "DISCONNECT! *BZZ* DISCONNECT!". That's gotta be a reference to something but I can't figure it out.

Anyone know what that's about?

Some old guy on youtube claims he can fight various mental issues with what he calls "disconnect thereapy".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR3BPeAga_E

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Vicissitude posted:

Am I hearing it correctly that the next riff will be Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire?

Next Friday.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

If you don't have an aversion to those types of movies (though I feel it's tamer than it's made out to be), the Saw riff with Kevin & Bill is one of my favorites.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

I thought the fight scene was terrible. They spend the majority of the movie building up this "newborn army" as some massive threat and they end up getting defeated with little effort.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Rirse posted:

I really wish the Rifftrax site would tell you in the cart if you already own a track. I accidentally bought the Star Trek 2009 tack twice. Dammit!

It actually does tell you on the catalog and product pages if you're logged in.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

It's called ducking and I believe Audacity can do that now.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Rirse posted:

I bet they will use their old running joke from MST3K making fun of Kelsey Grammer flipping his SUV.

I believe Shia LeBouf is their new go to for jokes about wrecking vehicles.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

The latest DVD set they released had all the Gamera episodes in it.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Jesus, I thought they were making up all that goofy poo poo about how vampire venom works, but I looked it up and it's actually all in the books.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

So the nerdy paraplegic kid was played by DC Douglas, who you may know as Legion in the Mass Effect games and Albert Wesker in the later Resident Evils.

He wrote about his experience in this movie on his blog.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Is this their first VOD with an HD option?

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Kojiro posted:

Seriously could not believe that they (spoilers for Twilight, frankly it's better if it takes you by surprise) faked that whole loving battle. I thought something was actually happening, but no, heck no.

Seriously, if that happened in a movie I actually gave a poo poo about I would be really pissed.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

They usually go off into some unrelated skit. Hopefully they do something better than the awful Disembaudio stuff in the Room riff.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Well, it was Lucas who wanted to forget that ever existed right? Since all things Star Wars is now owned by Disney they probably don't give a poo poo as long as they get paid.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Jose Oquendo posted:

I know this might not be the place for this, but I know one of you can help me with this. In the early 90's there was a lovely syndicated TV show that had a name like Mega Force. It also featured a futuristic motorcycle. I remember it being a somewhat dark show. I searched Google high and low while watching Megaforce, but I couldn't find it. Your help is most appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gk2LbZief0

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Mike Nelson posted:

more feature length stuff (including one of the finest films to ever feature an NES Power Glove)

Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare?

Wiseblood fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Nov 10, 2015

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

I'm surprised they didn't at least tweak the design of the bots just because some of the parts are hard to find now. I know they were able to recreate a lot of the stuff using casts and vacuforming but I understand they still rely on using the actual Tupperware Floralier planters for Crow's body.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Undefeatable shares a lot of cast with Honor and Glory. Too bad Undefeatable is so...rapey. It would have also made a great Rifftrax.

• Locked thread