Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That part didn't make any sense to me. The second loop Nick should have gone to the bad future since it was happening "now." They would have still been able to stop it but he should have gone there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A weird one about a monkey fireman.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Actually pretty busy for a live event at my theatre. One guy has a professional looking Tom Servo and a guy in a Joel style jumpsuit.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oh snap. Instead of rifftunes they're playing songs from the show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Speaking of slides some guy actually started yelling about Ghostbusters when they did the slide making fun of people complaining about their childhood being ruined.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Frank's "I've always looked old" was pretty funny. Also I thought Jonah did a real good job, he and Joel definitely worked well together.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Frank and Trace's short was so bizarre. "Yes girls, if you want a date make sure to throw yourself at any boy that comes along. Also be sure to do stuff for him just on the off chance he likes you."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of odd that all the preshow songs have just been Weird Al stuff instead of the more medley stuff they usually do.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That cross stuff was really weird and kind of out of nowhere. Also surprised they only made one joke about how racist the whole "native" thing was.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's been forever since I've watched Mothra and it was kind of weird noticing how many non-Japanese actors were in it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

rickiep00h posted:

As far as the Mothra movies go, I'm a bigger fan of Godzilla vs. Mothra because, yknow, Mothra actually shows up in that one and does more than fly around sort of non-threateningly. Also the plot is a hell of a lot easier to follow: two giant monster kick the poo poo out of each other. I got lost trying to follow this one, even though the main beats are simple. I understand that it's basically King Kong, but they try to cram so much into it and the dubbing is pretty hard to understand in a few spots so it's all one big mess.

My daughter absolutely loves that drat moth now, though.

Yeah, all the stuff about Nelson and his backstory was just confusing. He was a private citizen/poacher and for some reason he was put in charge of the government expedition?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gavok posted:

While I agree with you, I do wish they'd do a Rifftrax Live of Roadhouse.

Speaking of Roadhouse, they just put out the new version with all three guys.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's really bizarre that Road House isn't on Hulu or Netflix. Seems like the perfect movie for those services.

Edit: Found it on HBOGo/Now.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Sep 11, 2016

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

After watching Roadhouse again I kind of wish the movie was starring Sam Elliot as Dalton. Swayze really comes off as kind of a poser who does what he does because he thinks it makes him look all cool and mysterious. While Sam Elliot just IS cool.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Breadallelogram posted:

Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
3JxLULtN

Took this one, thanks.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

You know, I've watched a couple of Bridget and Mary Jo shorts and they always seem like they're having a lot of fun doing them.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The learning computer the kid was using in that short had the most insane keyboard. It was just x/y over and over again.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Didn't see it posted yet but they announced that they're not doing a Live Christmas thing this year and instead are doing a double billing of Santa Claus Conquers the Martians and Holiday Shorts with some new pre-taped stuff on December 1st.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So I guess you could be frightened by Carnival of Souls if you didn't realize she was dead the entire time but it sure comes off as really obvious to a modern viewer.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I want to say that the company that was doing the colorizing was the one Rifftrax used to be part of, which is why they always used those versions.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watching Breaker Breaker and man, that's a weird movie. Especially how it just kind of... ends.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watching Megaforce and it kind of bugs me that the Southern guy wears a Confederate flag patch on his uniform.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hopefully they eventually do the sequel which was made with pretty much all the same people 30 years later.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mike's "Sure, why not?" at the snowboard jump onto the ski lift in Icebreaker was pretty great.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watched Yambao! tonight and man, that's a weird movie. It seems kind of pointless and then three quarters of the way through Yambao gets naked for one scene.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They've been really weird about it. Like when they first popped up I watched The Last Shark on Prime but like a day later it wasn't.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

thexerox123 posted:

Keep an eye on your emails, I just got a nice Christmas gift of $10 worth of Rifftrax :)

Just a head's up though, you have to use it before the 31st. Although that shouldn't be too difficult.

Lester Shy posted:

Is the gift card for everybody or just RT high rollers?

This thread is probably a bad place to ask because just about everyone in it has probably spent hundreds on Rifftrax.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The fact that someone went out of their way to preserve Whizzo is so loving bizarre. The entire thing comes off as the rambling of an insane person. Especially the part where he's constantly muttering to himself.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Head's up, Amazon Prime has a bunch of Rifftrax features back in their system.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

2DCAT posted:

Lol, i didn't even know Greg Sestero was in that film until I watched the preview.

Yeah, this is the one from his anecdote where they wanted his character to do a British accent even though he's French.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I watched Fever Lake and man, what the gently caress was up with that ending?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watching No Retreat No Surrender and man it can get kind of creepy. Like the jerk sensei talks about how he's going to bone Kelly and then five minutes later you learn that she just turned 17,

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It was weird how the fat kid says he has a reason for hating RJ but never actually says it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well, a mix of new and old bits unless they specifically say "All new riff."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Wasn't expecting Kevin to say "motherfuckers" though.

• Locked thread