Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
All right, that's it, I'm doing iRiffs. There have been two movies I have sitting about that I was thinking about doing amateur riffs for, and the prospect of making some cash from it will spur this forward.

If anyone is interested, the two I will do are Super Mario Bros. and Labyrinth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005

fenix down posted:

Been watching through the shorts. Act Your Age is my current favorite. Pencils were used for everything in the Fifties!

Just like little kids playing with marrumbllss....

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
Rifftrax.com has been redesigned, the Rifftrax DIY has come back, and the iRiff system is underway. The following titles are available for the initial launch:

Speed
Tron
The Core
Gamera: Guardian of the Universe
Stargate Atlantis- Rising
Star Trek Voyager: Caretaker
Star Trek: The Motion Picture
Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan
Impostor
Anaconda
Voyage to the Prehistoric Planet
Dune
Star Wars: A New Hope
Destroy All Planets
Bloody Pit of Horror
Boys Beware
Friday The 13th
The Relaxed Wife
Super Mario Bros.
Street Fighter: The Movie
Mazes and Monsters

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
Gonna chime in and say that my iRiff for Labyrinth is out:

http://www.rifftrax.com/iriffs/labyrinth

Any other goons working on iRiffs?

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005

Gavok posted:

I watched your sample and... is it wrong that I have that song on my iPod?

I'll definitely pick yours up, since I've been looking for an excuse to finally sit down and watch that movie.

Thanks for picking it up, and don't feel bad, I have the whole soundtrack on mine. :)

I put up a second sample for those who watched the first and are still on the fence. There are less dead space bits in this one, I feel.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQtKf4d854Y

I bought the Cartoon All-Stars one and it's all right. Definitely some funny bits in it, but way too many jokes that are basically the same "PLEASE END THIS" or "THIS IS SO BAD" bits instead of something clever.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
To get people excited for the Dark Knight riff, the guys have released the audio equivalent of an MST3K skit:

http://blog.rifftrax.com/2008/12/08/the-dark-knight-audio-exclusive/

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
While we're on the topic of shorts, someone tell me up front if any of the others even come close to topping One Got Fat. I've bought a few others and they've mostly been middle-of-the-road.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005

Gaseous Snake posted:

I got around to buying and downloading the Happening. This is hilarious.

Haaaht dahgs.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005

Rirse posted:

The next Rifftrax is...

Empire Strikes Back with Mike, Kelvin, Bill, and Chad Vader again. Hopefully Chad says more then two lines this time.

I'm digging the frozen George Lucas.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
Holy crap!

Much like Troll 2, this is a movie that I've heard about many times, but now must seek out.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
Just got an email confirming Revolutions is out and Dragon Wars is next. This is going to be epic.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
Oh poo poo, Dragon Wars is out.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
Wow.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
35 minutes into Transformers 2 and I'm already in pain. I knew it would be bad, but it's almost the same level of bad as poo poo like Meet the Spartans and Disaster Movie. I feel so bad for Mike and Co. since they obviously had to watch it more than once.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

I can't add them to my cart for some reason.

The site's acting funky. Give it a minute and try again, then check your cart to see if it's not in there already.

Rudolph is really funny. I didn't know that the phrase "Yo Mama" existed back when this was made :p

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
I came into this thread with 40 new replies guessing some big new riff had been announced. Bummer.

That said, I should really watch New Moon with the riff soon, though I still haven't finished watching the first Twilight (also riffed, of course).

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005

Bob Shadycharacter posted:

I think it's pretty laughable to claim that the people who made Monster A-Go Go were seriously TRYING. They had a loving guy make a "brring brrring" phone nose with his mouth as a sound effect.
Brrrup
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dKiaRUKgmA

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005

marioinblack posted:

After watching the Room, I'm not certain that even needs a RiffTrax with how unintentionally hilarious it is. "Oh hiii doggy," blowing off cancer, and the terrible sex scenes were all you can ask for in a terrible movie. What a great great movie. Makes me want to play football.

I don't know, the ending has one of my favorite riffs ever.

Oh hi gun behwehl

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
Why is Kevin wearing a business suit?

I also wish they had waited a little to do this, because I don't want to buy the movie and Netflix keeps getting screwed with those month-long availability delays.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
The Room also has one of the best jokes ever at the end.

Oh Hi, gun bahwuh!

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
My sister has her own copy of the movie in our basement, so it will be nice to watch a riffed movie without having to spend time or money getting the movie. It's a "Redux" version according to the cover, though, so I don't know if it's an extended/director's cut or if it's just referring to special features.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005

Plavski posted:

High School Musical is truly an abomination of a film, but that Riff was wonderful.

I'm going to watch it at some point today since I bought the riff and found my sister's DVD. Should be interesting.

Funny story: Years ago, me and my brother watched the premiere of the original movie out of curiosity to see just how Disney would handle a made-for-TV musical. We were cracking up and riffing on our own the entire time at various things (I remember we loved the over-the-top performance of Troy's Dad), and when it was over, we both agreed that there was no way anyone would like this. And that's why I'm not a stock analyst.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
Can somebody tell me why the guys seem to be giving up on riffing mainstream features? When they started the site it was typically a new one every week or two. I just checked, and they've put out about 10 this entire year.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
I'm aware of the shorts, but that's all they do now, and frankly I can only think of one or two shorts I enjoyed as much as the average feature. I'm just worried they're going to keep those dwindling until they decide to give it up and just do shorts and occasional live shows.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
It figures that they'd announce a new feature riff right when I started complaining.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005

DarkPrime posted:

I missed the digital goodies link. If nobody wants to post it, can someone PM it to me?

Same here, only I don't have PM. I want to see this bizarre short everyone's talking about.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
I also saw The Happening with the riff first, and I would never watch that movie again without it. Especially since I wouldn't get any haaaht dawgs.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
The description for Order of the Phoenix in my email is a brilliant game of "spot the familiar name".

quote:

It’s Order of the Phoenix time and the entire gang is back! Harry, Ron, Hermione, Old Weird Harold, Beezus, Ramona, Moomintroll, Peppermint Patty, Churchy LaFemme, Handsome Pete, Kimmy Gibler, Trevor Ochmonek, Chris-R, Sawyer, CCH Pounder, The Fat Kid from “The Sandlot”, Snoopy’s brother Spike, Gobbler, Muffy the Mouse, Minkus, Van Go Lion, Two Bad, Fin Fang Foom, Ugly Naked Guy, Clamps, Yaddle, Carl Winslow, Strong Sad, Mr. Digger, Funky Kong, Error, U-God, Flute Cop, Lester Freamon, The green sumo wrestler thing from the Commodore 64 version of “Bruce Lee”, Dr. Robotnik, Earl Sinclair, Cedric Diggory...Wait, scratch that last one...

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005

Robert Denby posted:

Also, this showed up about a week ago...

I remember seeing this back in college one day while randomly channel surfing, and me and a roommate cracked up at what we saw, followed by him saying that they should make a Rifftrak of it. Thanks for reading our minds, Mike!

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
Has there been any word on if or when Jack the Giant Killer will make it to DVD or digital download? I regretfully missed it in theaters.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
Have any of the guys said if they'll do Green Lantern at some point? It seems like such a no-brainer, and it's a little weird that they'd pick better recieved superhero films before it.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005

Luigi Thirty posted:

Also watched Curse of Bigfoot. That movie certainly is a thing. Wasn't expecting the horrific brutality of the ending though.

What happens at the end? I'll probably watch the riffed version at some point, but I'm just curious.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
Mutant is out, along with a sample. Looks great.
http://youtu.be/AXxZnKuJCvM

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005

The Piper posted:

There's not nearly enough love for Mutant in this thread. In fact, I'd say its on par with Buffalo Rider as the funniest VOD they've ever done.

I'm gonna have to disagree. After a solid first half or so, the jokes felt less frequent and funny, aside from maybe the whole McRib chomping the brother bit which is in the preview video anyway.

I've been thinking about picking up Jack The Giant Killer for a while, especially since years ago, me and an old roommate saw a bit of it on cable and remarked that it seemed like perfect material for a riff. Is it any good?

Behonkiss fucked around with this message at 21:15 on May 21, 2012

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005

Reading that Final Fantasy was one of the riffs, I already knew their choice had to be the laughing scene.

Also, "He died from having a really stupid nose."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
This is going to be the first Rifftrax I've bought in a while. This movie's been one of my guilty pleasures since the mid-90s, and I've been hoping that they would riff it since they first started the site. Hopefully it's worth the wait.

• Locked thread