Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Another person heavily considering pursuing an MBA here, also in need of input.

I have 5+ years working part time in a small accounting office, with 7 months of full time since graduating with a BA last December. Originally I was considering going the cpa route, but I honestly like how much more open my career path would be from obtaining an MBA instead.

I'm looking at applying to the University of Texas in Dallas MBA program for a number of reasons, the first of which being that is where I got my BA from with a 3.1 gpa. Outside of that, I took many of classes through their undergrad business program which I was impressed by and made a few references along the way. Another plus to attending their program would be the low cost of their program (23,000 in 16 months), while also having a top 100 (sometimes top 50) MBA program rating.

Now my plan is to study for the GMAT for the next couple of months, and hopefully aim for around a 700 score. With a relatively high GMAT score, a moderate gpa, some work experience for a private accountant, and some references I hope it will all combine to be enough for admittance. From there, the plan would be to gain entrance for the spring 2010 semester, where I would either jump into graduate level courses or prep by taking more undergraduate courses if the school has set times for their MBA program to start.

Now that I have briefly summarized my experience and goals to get into their MBA program, here are a few questions:

1) Will I have enough work experience at least have an average chance of doing well through out the program?

2) Can I also get some advice as to how to prepare for an MBA program or ways I can increase my chances in being accepted?

3) Fulltime people: Do you rely on student loans/savings or is it possible to have a part time job?

4) Really any other advice or opinion on my situation would also be greatly apperiated!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU