Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plastic Jesus
Aug 26, 2006

I'm cranky most of the time.
This sort of related, and I'm mostly just curious but does the CFA mean anything more than "you must be this tall to ride this attraction?" I'm looking at the coursework as a way to round out my understanding of banking and investments, but have absolutely no desire to be an analyst. Just wondering if it's worth the money to get the certification if you don't care about a job where it's a pre-req.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plastic Jesus
Aug 26, 2006

I'm cranky most of the time.

Thoguh posted:

Woohoo, just got accepted into the part time program at the University of Iowa (not a top 10 school, I know, but it's solidely ranked and work is paying the whole bill other than textbooks). Any evening/weekend MBA students have any words of wisdom for the next few years of my life?

Not a student but the networking/connections made in an MBA program are at least as important as the coursework. Don't be a wallflower, attend study groups even if you don't need them and get to know the advisers well.