Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

TV rots your brain like it's crack cocaine
I have experience in marketing for a small start-up media company and do some pretty serious social media work for a university right now. I figure that it isn't proper experience to go into most MBA programs. I've come across some MBA co-op programs for people with little business experience which provide some real experience in alternating semesters. I'm having trouble locating more programs other than the following:

-Laurier
-McMaster
-Waterloo
-Dalhousie

I'm an American and haven't found any co-op programs here (not that I'm adverse to moving to Canada, I actually have good connections there). Is this a Canadian thing for some reason?

If not a co-op, I'm looking for programs which are friendly to low-experience professionals.

I'm looking in the US and Cananda, Eastern Seabord, pretty much from Virginia north.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

TV rots your brain like it's crack cocaine
So I've been working in HR in the public sector for some time now. I've done a lot of training in areas like project management, performance evaluation, strategic compensation, all stuff that you'd think would translate well to the private sector. I also spent a year and a half strictly developing training media for new hires.

Long story short: I'm really not confident I'll keep my job through the end of next year barring a miracle due to budget realities. Hell, I could be gone by August for all we know right now. I want to move over to the private sector. Would an MBA focused in HR be a good way to make me even that much more attractive, especially if my experience is all in the public sector? There's hella jobs with private tech contractors around here.