Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
Anyone working in product development/management who has done an MBA? I'm curious to see whether people think those two disciplines would benefit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

locdogg posted:

Product development usually involves a broad mix of disciplines such as marketing to determine the wants/needs of the consumer, finance/accounting to reach decisions on making the product economically viable, and ops management to get the thing from drawing board to showroom floor. Product development is an MBA in practice. It's a good combo.

Product development (especially new products) sometimes gets shoehorned under the marketing umbrella but it does require consideration of all the skills I mentioned plus a bunch more I'm sure I forgot.

Sounds good to me. My company doesn't really have a marketing department (boss doesn't believe in it) so product development goes under sales.

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
I’m doing an MBA through AGSM (Australia) and looking at exchange options to do three months at a b school in the US. Has anyone done an exchange like this or does anyone in the US have any views of how exchange students are treated? I’m looking at NYU Stern or Kellogg, but there are some other options too. Curious on people’s view of the value of the experience vs the costs.

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
Got accepted to go on exchange to Fuqua next year in the Spring semester which I am pretty hyped about. Now I just have to hope I'll be allowed to travel by then.