Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mvc
Sep 24, 2007
Does anyone know anything about Canadian schools when it comes to MBAs? They're probably less known than American schools, but there are a few pretty good business schools here such as Sauder (in Vancouver).

Are there any Canadian schools that are considered good in the business world, that I could use over the world and people would at least have heard of them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mvc
Sep 24, 2007

locdogg posted:

There are a few good schools in the wintry north, but most of them tend to be located predictably in the eastern bits. Queens is supposedly pretty good, as is U of Toronto, York, and McGill. From what I can tell though, Ivey in London, ON is supposedly the best though. They probably get positive press/name recognition due to their published cases, as it's one of the few that I've ever heard with much name recognition outside of Canada (and I'm from Detroit, so the circle of name recognition shrinks further from the border).

Unfortunately for Canadians, most Canadian universities just don't have much name recognition outside of Canada, at least not in the USA. That's probably why so many Canadians choose to pursue their MBA in the US.

Thanks for the heads up. But is there a Canadian equivalent to the GMAT? Because I know we dont have the SATs here for post-secondary, so I was wondering if business schools giving out MBAs had something else in place for the GMAT?