Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dvs112
Oct 24, 2008
I got accepted to the Carlson school part-time mba program this week (University of MN). I want to move to mid-level/upper-level management sometime (from my engineering position), does anyone have experience moving from a technical role to those types of roles? Do I have a better chance if I move companies after finishing my MBA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dvs112
Oct 24, 2008
I got an email from school this week, regarding our orientation next week (they included a link to a business case that they want to discuss at orientation).

What's the best play at orientation? Meet as many people as possible? Is it normal to exchange business cards or get linked in contact info, etc? Should I try to meet faculty?

dvs112
Oct 24, 2008
I just finish the first semester of my MBA program. I have a CS undergraduate degree but I am increasingly interested in finance. Do you folks have any tips on how to move into finance without job experience? I am in the Minneapolis area, which has a number of hedge funds, private equity firms, and some smaller investment banks. I've heard furious networking can help land a job here, but are there any things I can focus on over the next few years to get my poo poo together for an interview close to graduation?